2018 GC cutting sound is better than the current one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Morning Star

Veteran
Is it the only one who feels that the cutting sound in 2018 GC is much better than the current one?
2018 CG Video address :
The cutting sound now makes me feel soft and not as strong as it should be
In fact, this cutting sound has been used since the 2016 London Convention and Exhibition
In addition, the helmets that were originally shiny in the 2017 E3 video are all blacked out.

I pray that some MOD expert can dig out old cutting sounds from the game files

Last edited:
I also like the original sound better. The game also looked way nicer, graphically speaking (especially the shaders.) Whether the original sounds are available someplace, I couldn't tell. Taleworlds probably has them in a salt mine somewhere.

I personally prefer the new cutting sounds, those old ones looks like they have taken from those old warband mods that added some very "amateur" sounds, the sound of the blade cutting sounds very "light" and looks like it is hiting another blade instead of cutting flesh

I also like the original sound better. The game also looked way nicer, graphically speaking (especially the shaders.) Whether the original sounds are available someplace, I couldn't tell. Taleworlds probably has them in a salt mine somewhere.
For FPS stability, the picture must be sacrificed, but for the original cutting sound, I only hope that TW can give us a choice.

Last edited:
I personally prefer the new cutting sounds, those old ones looks like they have taken from those old warband mods that added some very "amateur" sounds, the sound of the blade cutting sounds very "light" and looks like it is hiting another blade instead of cutting flesh
But the old sound has metal crashing sound,make people feel excited.what do you think?

Last edited:
I think they had to tweak sound in general to make the game perform better, i used to have massive lag spikes and some fights were just not possible due to constant stuttering. I still hear metal clash when a chamber happens. Maybe a sound effect when hitting different armors types might be nice? But again, if it is gonna affect combat performance, i would rather they didn't touch it.

I think they had to tweak sound in general to make the game perform better, i used to have massive lag spikes and some fights were just not possible due to constant stuttering. I still hear metal clash when a chamber happens. Maybe a sound effect when hitting different armors types might be nice? But again, if it is gonna affect combat performance, i would rather they didn't touch it.
I think so too.
In fact, I hope TW can open up the cutting sound of 2018 so that we can choose.

Everytime I watch those old promotional videos the game looks better in almost every aspect. Even the small things, like non-uniform banners, the map, etc....

2017 build was the best version of the game in nearly all aspects (animations, graphics, lightning, sounds, colors, even horses etc.) but unfortunately, TW erased every single one of them. So don't expect anything close to them anymore.

Everytime I watch those old promotional videos the game looks better in almost every aspect. Even the small things, like non-uniform banners, the map, etc....
In the same way, I also prefer that the world map of 2019 looks closer to Warband and more concise.

2017 build was the best version of the game in nearly all aspects (animations, graphics, lightning, sounds, colors, even horses etc.) but unfortunately, TW erased every single one of them. So don't expect anything close to them anymore.
I just hope that TW has the old version of the data so that the MOD can be restored in the future

I like the old sound, the new sound like cut on the pumpkin。。。
Starting from the 2019 online test, the cutting sound has been updated
I don’t think TW intends to return to the old voice in the future
Can only wait for experts to dig out old files

The further we go back, the better the game gets Kappa

It's interesting in this video he commands a bunch of men around him to come down to the gate to help hold it but in the current build I feel if I tried that i'd tell a mix of archers/inf to run down and I'd have no way to tell them to go back to their positions, sieges just aren't as dynamic or as easy to control as it should be right now

Back
Top Bottom