2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Skip all the BLM and related trivialities, CNN has gone "all in" and declared Trump unfit to serve as president or anything really. Complete with stunning amounts of first hand evidence and over a dozen witnesses from the government who worked with Trump they have laid bare his incompetence for all those so inclined to see. What's next is anyone's guess but several Republicans have already turned their back on him.

Somethin' like this?

Y0gAQBH.png

I treat BLM with the same broad strokes everyone treats everyone else. I refuse to play their game that when it comes to everyone else, holy ****, are their radars and pattern recognition finely tuned. Everything is systemic here and dog-whistling there, and ACAB and benefiting or suffering from group (lack of) privilege etc etc. But when it comes to them, you couldn't find a a bunch of more rugged philosophical individualists.
Hilarious. Still fighting the good fight, I see.
I agree it's fantastic how disingenuous people can be. Declaring broad groups of sociiety, like the proverbial straight white men, as guilty or complicit in all leftist conspiracies. But somehow very reasonable and sensitive to nuance when treated with their own medicine.
BLM is just another cultural scarecrow like alt right, in which populists would lump everyone they don't like from actual nazis to pewdiepie and Dave Rubin. And in both cases the scarecrow status obviously didn't materialize out of nothing.

On a related note, I'm actually amazed by the cultural shift I'm witnessing especially from my own perspective. Where the liberalized center left Eastern Europeans are now considered conservative/right-wing by the West, while the discourse in the West now increasingly resembles the Soviet era to me. Only if the Soviets started with a functioning country instead of a ****hole and had to work it the entire way into the ditch first.

Hilarious. Still fighting the good fight, I see.
I agree it's fantastic how disingenuous people can be. Declaring broad groups of sociiety, like the proverbial straight white men, as guilty or complicit in all leftist conspiracies. But somehow very reasonable and sensitive to nuance when treated with their own medicine.
BLM is just another cultural scarecrow like alt right, in which populists would lump everyone they don't like from actual nazis to pewdiepie and Dave Rubin. And in both cases the scarecrow status obviously didn't materialize out of nothing.

On a related note, I'm actually amazed by the cultural shift I'm witnessing especially from my own perspective. Where the liberalized center left Eastern Europeans are now considered conservative/right-wing by the West, while the discourse in the West now increasingly resembles the Soviet era to me. Only if the Soviets started with a functioning country instead of a ****hole and had to work it the entire way into the ditch first.

Well, the SCOTUS found the Reps guilty of ''SURGICALLY TARGETING BLACK PEOPLE TO SUPPRESS THEIR VOTE'' in North Carolina. If you think that these practices in conjunction with the gross racial disparities in the justice system, labour market and **** knows what else are not protest-worthy or not worthy of the attention it gets, then consider that you're a ****ing moron that knows literally nothing about circumstances except for the internet controversies about Dave Rubin and pewdiepie apparently (???????????????).

What does it have to do with the point I'm making?
I'm not against protesting per se. I'm very pro protesting. I'm actually a veteran protester who saw at least two successful revolutions in his country. I'm very anti violence, rioting and looting though. Especially committed against civilians. That can never be justified. But it wasn't even the point of my message.
Read carefully, don't jump to conclusions and assume crap about people.

**** sorry. I misread this. You're right.

Last edited:
The West resembles the late USSR towards for the simple reason that it's also a dying order led by a sluggish gerontocracy and full of internal contradictions, it's just you have to keep on living as if that wasn't the case because what can you do.

I see what you mean. I agree, that's also true. But what I was talking about was more related to the ideological side of things. The centralized leftist discourse which is strengthening its grip on the society. A very illeberal marxist-ish ideology enforced on the population institutionally which increasingly becomes pretty much THE ideology.

Also a torrent of absolutely inane propaganda coming from almost all media sources. I mean, look at that sketch the cutie posted. It's obviously just a cringy satire which only a 3 y.o. would buy into, but that pretty much sums up what I see actual talking heads spew on almost all legacy tv channels. The public discourse is held at a level appealing to people with borderline personality disorder. And I mean it literally, it's not an insult.

The difference of course being that it is not the state that controls the ideology but the ideology controlling the state. But the end should not be very different. I won't say I don't experience a little bit of schadenfreude. But I also hate to see it because western ideology does inevitably trickle down to my part of the globe along with the money.

Neoliberal-post-modern-catgirl-neo-marxism ?? ? ? ? ? ?
But seriously, you don't want to have these conversations to the point of meaningless abstract. It informs us of nothing and has little value as to the available venues we have for solving problems. Abstract also invites abstract by insane people, who's abstract ideas become equally legitimate, because we're just doing abstracts.

That's probably an easy impression to get from afar when you're on the internet. But outside of that, it doesn't really have that much of an impact. Yes, the public discourse is annoying with a lot of incoherent academic gibberish. What impacts people's lives and makes them lose faith in institutions is standards of living becoming more precarious.

I didn't watch the video because I have a low cringe tolerance but I guess it's belittling people who aren't excited to vote for Biden. I don't understand what that has to do with marxism as Biden is a liberal and belongs to a liberal party.

I see what you mean. I agree, that's also true. But what I was talking about was more related to the ideological side of things. The centralized leftist discourse which is strengthening its grip on the society. A very illeberal marxist-ish ideology enforced on the population institutionally which increasingly becomes pretty much THE ideology.

Also a torrent of absolutely inane propaganda coming from almost all media sources. I mean, look at that sketch the cutie posted. It's obviously just a cringy satire which only a 3 y.o. would buy into, but that pretty much sums up what I see actual talking heads spew on almost all legacy tv channels. The public discourse is held at a level appealing to people with borderline personality disorder. And I mean it literally, it's not an insult.

The difference of course being that it is not the state that controls the ideology but the ideology controlling the state. But the end should not be very different. I won't say I don't experience a little bit of schadenfreude. But I also hate to see it because western ideology does inevitably trickle down to my part of the globe along with the money.

Sayyid_Qutb.jpg

Quick question, have you been to any prom dances recently?

What weaver wrote there honestly sounds like a 1:1 copypasta of the writings of Sayyid Qutb who founded Islamic extremism after seeing some girls dancing at a Colorado prom in the 1950s, and declaring all this similar stuff about western degeneracy that was threatening to infect his own country.

TV and mass media in general is cringe and bad, I agree, especially since trump, but responding to it the way weaver did makes me feel like he's going to start demolishing shrines in Mecca and carbombing Jahiliyyah rather than doing the only sensible thing and just not watching it. People wouldn't watch trash like that if they didn't enjoy it to some extent, however small.

Sure. Sounds like an adequate reaction to my post. Showing distaste with the current state of the media and disagreement with the ideology that's being pushed does sound pretty much like I want to put a burqua on every lady and desecrate some holy sites.
Also, there is no nuance in disagreement with left authoritarianism, alarmism and populism and disagreement with basic liberal ideas.
I can conclude, that if I criticize a certain agenda, I'm basically a religious extremist. Which is arguably better than nazi so I'll take it. :smile:

It's not your opinion, it's the reaction. I hate american TV and film, most of it is a clumsy amalgam of liberalism to justify boring unfunny comedy / drama etc, but this has been the case for almost 100 years. Talking about "Marxist propaganda being forced on the population" or "left authoritarianism tightening its grip on society", especially now when mass media is more heterogeneous than ever, is just hysterical.

If you read some of Qutb's writings on the hypocrisy of American liberalism you might actually agree with him. I've spoken to quite a few islamic extremists (i.e. guys openly saying bin laden was a martyr) and they were saying more or less the exact same stuff as you about leftist extremism and western propaganda being forced on the population. They were probably whiter than you, too.

Back
Top Bottom