2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Assuming those excerpts are "whole", not just words and phrases cut out of a bigger answer and pasted together, man, that guy doesn't have the slightest bit of coherence. Like, he jumps from Thing A to Thing B without even connecting the two; then he goes back to A.

Also, I like how he low-key hinted at a military dictatorship, using the army as a policing force.
G7Dum.jpg

Kanye is keeping it real. Just like the Founding Fathers intended:xf-tongue:
Thomas Jefferson said:
Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations—entangling alliances with none.
Geroge Washington said:
The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible.

I don’t think there is much of a difference between Trump and the way the rest of the “elites” think, behave, and speak, on both sides of the aisle, and everywhere in the world. In my opinion, he’s probably the absolute best representation of the folks who actually run our country, our states, our cities, and our companies. The only real difference I see between him and any other politician is that he’s just not very good at lying. He plays only to what he thinks his base is and no one else. I honestly think he didn’t want the job. He and his family are a walking meme factory but if reality tv and public school taught me anything it’s that everyone is weird af and can be made fun of or demonized especially with the spotlight constantly on. It takes a special type of sociopath to always present a polished face. It bugs me a little when people talk about how he can’t be trusted with the nuke codes because in my eyes, absolutely no one should be trusted with the nuke codes...

I used to be hopeful that some good would come of his presidency. Now I’m not so sure. Instead of focusing on systemic failures, we just make orange tinted memes and vent our outrage on a dude and his family who are way outside of their element. Of course a capitalistic businessman would think that one person at the top would be more efficient for decision making than a democratic apparatus. It takes a few more steps for them to realize that just because it’s more efficient doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better for governance. Maybe the biggest failing of the Republican Party is the idea that we need a businessperson in power. I strongly disagree with that, a person skilled at business is not necessarily skilled at governance, and the Democrats did a disservice to this country for not hammering that home. But as they say, it would’ve been the pot calling the kettle black...

Our founding fathers made it a point to ensure that no monarchy could exist in America. I think that any more power being consolidated in the executive, the senate, a particular party, lobby, or interest group would be a failing of the people rather than the influence of only one man. Ironically, I think the absence of a true ruling class and a culture of stewardship whose best interests are the health, happiness, and wellbeing of the common people rather than the size of their own pockets is partly to blame.

A capitalist system should hold the consumer in the highest regard. Sadly, we live in an age where the consumer is the product who is employed, sold, scapegoated, manipulated, and swindled.

It’s a ****ing travesty that medieval era feudal society peasants worked less hours and enjoyed more time off than we do.

In all fairness I would probably vote for Kanye if he weren’t married to Kim Kardashian or if I didn’t pencil in Santa Claus. I think the only way we’ll be pushing better quality candidates for the executive and legislature and increasing transparency and agency for local representation is through a massive social movement and campaign that spans at least a couple of generations.

At this point, boycotting all major news sources like traditional media as well as Facebook or imgur, or any other outlet who provides information in a particular slant for a fee paid by the consumer either in dollars or in data, is the first step. After that, it would be elevating the conversation in our homes, schools, work, and religious congregations beyond party lines, so that the kids growing up today will have the guts to stick to an actual, sensible platform, and will have enough people who are aware to vote for them.

I don’t think that will happen. In the best timeline, the dude saying the rent is too damn high would’ve won over Obama. But he lost. **** our lives. Oh ghost of Carl Sagan. Wat do in these dark times

Last edited:
It’s a ****ing travesty that medieval era feudal society peasants worked less hours and enjoyed more time off than we do.
Worked less than the average worker today? Has someone done the math?
I can say here in Denmark a peasant man worked about 12 hours per day and was not far from a slave (needed special approval to leave their farm of origin). Women worked practically all waking hours (house chores/unpaid work are typically ignored when historians look at labour).

Even the most conservative estimates are that peasants never worked (for someone else) for more than half the year. Modern workers spend their entire lives working in and for systems that don't benefit them. A lord expecting 8+ hours of work 300+ days a year (like most modern people are expected to do) would get his manor burned down. Peasants were primarily independent communities which lords tried to exploit and make dependent, while modern people have no choice but to be dependent.

Beginning at sun up and ending at sun down leading up to and during harvesting season, or when levied to war, sure. But then during winter, spring, and even a large part of summer, the tasks or chores would be equivalent to ****ing around in a garden doing yard work or some home improvement. Yes, peasants farmed the land which they didn’t necessarily own and gave their local lords a cut of their crops in exchange for protection from [the same lord and] the other lords who might come through and pillage/slaughter/rape them, in addition to building their own homes, raising and feeding their own animals, making their own clothes, tools, and any other chores needed to run a household or village.

Don’t get me wrong, advancements in education, science, and tech is obviously impacting our quality of life in an extremely positive way. The laundry machine is ****ing incredible. So is the microwave and gas/electric stove. We have refrigerators and central cooling/heating and running hot and potable water. Vacuum cleaners **** on brooms. I use water and not toilet paper I’m so spoiled.

Even with a proper perspective, the way we organize ourselves as a society is bonkers and the modern worker spends far more time for their local lord than any peasant did back in the day. If your commute happens to be 1-2 hours one way, which is typical, congratulations, as a modern person you are operating at peak harvest crunch time. Until retirement age. If you’re lucky. On top of that, we have very much turned into a people who live in our own minds, and even there there is no peace from the personalized ads and news feeds fed directly to our devices based on what some overpaid dingus or babushka thought was a clever algorithm to better understand what it means to be human or some inception level cyberpunk dystopian marketing system trying to influence a vote or make a couple pennies. As if the modern ills of the world were the fault of Trump or Clinton or Progressives or Neocons or whoever the bogeyman of the day is.

I think people would be far happier living in small communities in huts wearing loincloths and throwing sticks around.

Yeah, people tend to confuse happiness with comfort and longevity. So much, that they are ready to work themselves to death while praising this brave new world for how much better it is than the old ones.

People say how family is very important, while the big families of the past, where three generations consisting of dozens of people living in close proximity is generally seen as backwards. First came the nuclear familiy, then that was torn down too, convincing you that you don't need anyone but yourself. Grandparents are seen as a joke now or a nuisance to be discarded, while they were a source of knowledge and wisdom before, taking care of and showing the world to the youngest generations. Instead, the youngest generations now are taken care of by machines filled with advertisements and cheap scam methods (cheap as in basic, because the kids will easily fall for them and it's an easy way to steal money from their parents through them. They are definitely not cheap for the parents).

Also, people think themselves intelligent because they can operate modern machines that was made for untrained monkeys. Yes, medieval peasants were not very knowledgeable about academic things and were highly superstitious, but if you see how now all the knowledge of the world is available to everyone who has an untrained-monkey-phone and how many of them actually pursue the goal of gaining real knowledge, well, you won't be happy.

Yeah, people tend to confuse happiness with comfort and longevity. So much, that they are ready to work themselves to death while praising this brave new world for how much better it is than the old ones.

People say how family is very important, while the big families of the past, where three generations consisting of dozens of people living in close proximity is generally seen as backwards. First came the nuclear familiy, then that was torn down too, convincing you that you don't need anyone but yourself. Grandparents are seen as a joke now or a nuisance to be discarded, while they were a source of knowledge and wisdom before, taking care of and showing the world to the youngest generations. Instead, the youngest generations now are taken care of by machines filled with advertisements and cheap scam methods (cheap as in basic, because the kids will easily fall for them and it's an easy way to steal money from their parents through them. They are definitely not cheap for the parents).

Also, people think themselves intelligent because they can operate modern machines that was made for untrained monkeys. Yes, medieval peasants were not very knowledgeable about academic things and were highly superstitious, but if you see how now all the knowledge of the world is available to everyone who has an untrained-monkey-phone and how many of them actually pursue the goal of gaining real knowledge, well, you won't be happy.

I can vouch for this. I can google basically anything and I feel very smart for it. I’d lose a 4th grade spelling bee and I’m actually a moron who problem-solves at the speed of a trepidatious snail in a mound of salt.

I can put a shape through its appropriate hole though, ie triangle through triangle. I’m super good at that.

Don’t get me wrong, advancements in education, science, and tech is obviously impacting our quality of life in an extremely positive way. The laundry machine is ****ing incredible. So is the microwave and gas/electric stove. We have refrigerators and central cooling/heating and running hot and potable water. Vacuum cleaners **** on brooms. I use water and not toilet paper I’m so spoiled.

Arguably many of these are just neutral, because I think everyone knows on some level that the satisfaction of a task is in the doing and the striving, not the end result. It's why people still paint and cycle and rock climb even though there are much easier ways to achieve the same result.
Whenever I go to places where people do stuff manually there's an intense pride in silly little things like having a smooth wall or cooking dumplings, and elderly people remain vigorous basically until they die. I knew something was wrong when I was in Kenya and an 80 year old man who lived in a literal mudhut was climbing up 40ft high rocks and had better skin and teeth than me.

I may be biased because I'm basically a luddite from a family of caribbean mountain farmers, but it doesn't take much to see how messed up even the basic assumptions of modern life are.

Arguably many of these are just neutral, because I think everyone knows on some level that the satisfaction of a task is in the doing and the striving, not the end result.
The end result was different too in olden times. Food that is made from stuff grown by yourself on your own plot of land tastes much better than food that you purchased, even if what you buy is higher quality stuff and not Tesco-grade crap. Employers don't understand why many workers don't give a **** about the quality of their work, while the workers can't actually enjoy the fruit of their work, just the pieces of paper or digital data (money) they get for said work. You do something irrelevant to your life in most of your waking hours, so you can get something in return that's value is decided by a form of mass delusion.

Seriously, some(often)times money feels very stupid. I go into a store, ask for an item, I give a piece of coloured paper to the store clerk, and he gives me the item and a bunch of metal coins in return. And I'm like, "dude, metal is much more useful than that piece of fancy paper, and you give a handful of it to me in return AND the item I asked for? How does that worth it to you?" Of course, I don't actually say that, I play along with the mass delusion like the rest of the idiots. But I think this way of thinking is there suppressed in many people's minds, and might be at least partially responsible for the joyless lives of people who toil away in jobs they don't enjoy just to get more of this hallucinogetic paper drug. (No, not LSD. If people were paid in LSD, the world would be a much happier place. Or, at least, more interesting.)

So yes, looking at something and thinking "I did this" fills you with much more pride and joy than looking at your wallet or your bank account and thinking "I earned this". It might be different if you earn a big pile of money with your work, but I was never in danger of experiencing that. But I did experience working on my own stuff and eating fruit and vegetables from my own (well, my family's) plot of land, and it's a magnificent feeling.

Back
Top Bottom