2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

My personal feeling is that articles are written to convince the reader that the article is 100% correct. I believe that men, including police officers may make choices which give the lie to his entire statement. I can't deny that certain police made large mistakes in Minneapolis. I don't believe it applies to police as a whole, particularly where I live where training and endemic culture are a way of life.

I don't get that impression from the article - he's just relating his experiences in the police force. I used to generally support the police but there have been numerous minor incidents that I've personally witnessed in a few local police departments, as well as more newsworthy major incidents which have led me to believe that there are serious fundamental flaws in how policing is conducted in our society. Not the least of which is that it not only attracts but encourages a mentality which leads to situations like in Minneapolis.

Yeah, NYPD contacted him within hours to provide more info, so they could investigate.

Instead of, like.... Didn't happen. Also shifting narrative. Also it was actually white Antifa. And agent provocateurs. And white supremacists.

I feel like someone here doesn't want to stand in line with other villagers, passing the buckets of water, because their house isn't on fire right now.
Amusing choice of metaphor.

Amusing, indeed, and totally misinformed. First off, protesters. Protesting is not easy or convenient. You don't get to roll out of bed wherever you are and protest. The incident which caused all the ruckus occurred in Minneapolis. To protest, you go to Minneapolis and make your feelings known. Also, protesting does not involve breaking windows and stealing stuff.

it's almost like the murder of george floyd is a symptom of larger systemic issues that are pervasive throughout the entire country and that protesting them in the entire country is justified as a result.

it's almost like the murder of george floyd is a symptom of larger systemic issues that are pervasive throughout the entire country and that protesting them in the entire country is justified as a result.
Murder has not been established yet although it looks likely. Charlotte police were not involved in the original incident. Run by black people they are among the most benevolent anywhere. They will act to prevent looting and destruction of private property.

charlotte police literally yesterday teargassed and shot (less lethals) at an entirely peaceful protest.

if they're among the most benevolent cops you can come up with in the states i weep for your country.

and this does not support your statement that there is no reason to protest police brutality in charlotte. because, you know, they literally just did a police brutality.
the issue is not one of individual towns and their cops (though obviously some are better and some are worse). the issue is one of your country's police culture as a whole. it is beyond farcical.

Dude, you aren't even having conversations with anyone. "My sheriff is black and my town doesn't have police brutality" isn't a relevant reply to someone stating there's a nationwide problem. Your posts in these last few pages are just baffling.

2 new replies

I can breth. Police officers regularly lean on my neck, and I don't stop brethhing, so what was this George Floydweather Jr's excuse? Sounds like a crock of baloney to me, he's alive and kicking like all get out and such. A born fraudster if you ask me by Jiminy; they were right to arrest him.

Back
Top Bottom