2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

ColonicAcid said:
why did you miss the opportunity to call yourself the khalifa instead.

smh

Oh, like Mia Khalifa? She is my favorite. <3

Nah, I was going to but Khalifa is used for males, and I wasn't sure if there was/what the female conjugation would be. Aesthetically speaking though it is superior.

Vieira said:
If that isn't a personal title, I don't know what is.
Das Knecht said:
My god, if that isn't sigworthy.

Thank you, thank you, my adoring subjects. Inshallah, my reign will be most benevolent and decadent. Harem girls and catamites for everyone!

Or Congress doesnt choose a new president and reigns supreme, abolishing the executive office and destroying the balance of powers once and for all.

Adorno said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
I would be so amused if somehow the Electoral College voted her in.
But Trump won the electoral vote. The election is over, or am I missing something?

In practice he has won. Technically (officially) the electoral votes aren't cast until January though, so they might change but changing candidates is heavily frowned upon.

Adorno said:
Oh, didn't know that. Strange way of doing things...

the entire thingy is weird from my point of view.

- Only two major parties
- Lack of a national system for counting votes (in my country we get the election results in hours, and we have +100 millions voters)
- Non obligatory voting, but still the voting process is annoying. Long lines, people have difficulty getting ID to vote or something, people trying to make voting hard on other groups by canceling voting places, or making people travel to vote, etc
- Vote is on a freaking working day, instead of Sunday or a holiday
- Popular vote, electorate vote, in case someone doesn't get 270 then it goes to congress vote (indirect election) => If someone watchs [Madam Secretary], a cool TV show, they are doing that right now (3 candidates, none got enough votes). Veep also had a fun run on that (the comedy TV show about the vice president)
- and much more, like having news in freaking bubbles and virtual reality / parallel universes  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom