2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Probably not, I mean Obamacare is pretty broken as it is and the next president will more than likely tear it down, leaving an even bigger mess.

Anyway, if you need someone to marry for citizenship, just let me know, I wouldn't mind having Czech citizenship as an option. :razz:

kurczak said:
Can you Americans please elect a president and a Congress that will pass a working universal health care system? It's pretty much the only thing stopping me from marrying for citizenship :razz:

What's wrong with Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway or Canada?

I might have mistaken a joke for something serious, of course.

Amontadillo said:
Going Mormon then?
Hey, never say I'm not an open-minded guy.

What's wrong with Germany
Ineffectual government and rampant censorship are things that immediately occur to me as an outsider. Also, U.S. beats all of those but Canada in terms of variety.

Austupaio said:
Anyway, if you need someone to marry for citizenship, just let me know, I wouldn't mind having Czech citizenship as an option. :razz:

Hehe, I already have a consenting counter-party up my sleeve, but it's always good to have options :smile:

PinCushion said:
kurczak said:
Can you Americans please elect a president and a Congress that will pass a working universal health care system? It's pretty much the only thing stopping me from marrying for citizenship :razz:

What's wrong with Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway or Canada?

They're full of Europeans or Canadians. Also cold. Also Nazis. Also Communists.

Just kidding. I don't know, I just like the American vibe. It may very well be some autosuggestion or projection or grass always greener or some ****, but I've always felt like the universe in its randomness put me in a wrong place.

PinCushion said:
What's wrong with Finland?
"Democracy".
We should just revert back to monarchy, atleast monarchs don't need to lie through their teeth to be elligible for their position.
Well, atleast Stubby has nice teeth to lie through  :party:

Anything related to WWII, including games and comics, anything with the slightest amount of gore or violence, see Half-Life 2, and many other examples. I mean, how many government departments are there related to censorship in Germany? I think I've heard of about three different ones over the years.

That doesn't even get into the EU's own nanny-state issues.

What more even needs to be said than the fact that not only are things highly censored, you can serve a prison sentence for saying certain things? That's absurd.

Not worthy of being called 'rampant' imo.

Though let's not begin with semantics and the principles of colorful vocabulary.

You can't just say something like jailing people for words is fine, then go 'but let's not talk about it'. That's ridiculous.

Exactly what does a country have to do to be criticized for censorship then, by these standards?

I don't care what they deny, jailing people for their opinions is ****ed, and you can get ****ed for saying it.

Especially when practically anything is labelled as denial, including even suggesting that the numbers are inflated when people say things that are outside the realm of reason, like 600 million Jews were killed.

Austupaio said:
You can't just say something like jailing people for words is fine, then go 'but let's not talk about it'. That's ridiculous.

Exactly what does a country have to do to be criticized for censorship then, by these standards?
Not what I said.

If I had said something like that only rampant censorship can be criticized and discussed, then that would have made sense.

And I would agree that would indeed be ridiculous, which is one of the reasons I'm not remotely associated with the statement's endorsement.

Amontadillo said:
And holocaust deniers frankly deserve the punishment.
They probably do, but that's not how democracy works.

Should be another amusing election.

My one hope is that the religious right doesn't do well, but usually, inevitably they shoot themselves in the foot with some "great" statements and colorful characters.

I want to see just how many conservative nominees we can get, because boy, are there a lot of them.

The more there are, the higher the level of amusement it is guaranteed to be.

I mean Jeb Bush and Rick Perry. If we can just get Sarah Palin somehow, holy **** that would be amazing. Plus Donald Trump and Rick Santorum. We need someone from FOX news though.

Amontadillo said:
I didn't say I agreed that it was a decent policy. Just that on a personal level I believe they deserve the punishment.
Well first, why should policy differ from your personal opinions? You either believe they deserve the punishment, and therefore they should go to prison and the government is in the right, or you feel that it is unreasonable and you're accepting your own unreasonable desires to punish people just because you don't like them.

Two, if you believe that ultimate government oversight for people's political leanings is a-okay, perhaps the Fascist spirit lives on.

Religious reds are weaker than ever, but the GOP still gains popularity through its more secular candidates. I like that, GOP without Jesus would be nice. Democrats without SJWs would be nice too, but that one is happening a lot slower.

Well in Germany they get their knickers in a twist when it comes to anything Nazi related.

In the USA they get their knickers in a twist when someone says the word '******' or 'jew'.

Difference is, you can call anyone you want anything you want and you'll never go to prison for it, unless you're harassing them after having received a restraining order. As it should be.

You did say that... I quoted it. :neutral:

Amontadillo said:
I believe they deserve the punishment.

Other than that, you laugh but you're actively saying people deserve to have their lives ruined because they don't follow the party line. What does that describe to you?

Again, you can joke about it all day, but how else do you describe jailing people for their politics?

Edit; well, just for clarity, I don't believe Monty is a fascist. I just think many EU residents tend towards the more heavily statist points of view than other regions.

Back
Top Bottom