2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Also Libertarians are like the worst people on Earth.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Why the **** would you post this thread so early. God I still have nightmares of last election's ****ing election commercials, and they are but portents of what's to come.

No kidding. I think I'll be watching a lot less TV in the near future.

Docm30 said:
Also Libertarians are like the worst people on Earth.
Goddamnit Docm. I respect your opinions, but you just made a ****-mouthed blanket statement.

Docm thinks I'm a bad person for not wanting to force people to do things at gunpoint as much as he does.  :sad:

Right, because the only way that the government has of getting anyone to do anything is by gunpoint.  :roll:

Typical libertarian garbagemongering.

Dom13WorstNW said:
Did someone say Bernie Sanders?

A true American hero. He might never win, but I might volunteer for his campaign during the summer anyway.

Edit:
Anthropoid said:
Now let's play "Name that Politician!"

Who said/wrote the following?:

"A man goes home and masturbates his typical fantasy, a woman on her knees.  A woman tied up.  A woman abused."
“A woman enjoys intercourse with her man–as she fantasizes about being raped by 3 men simultaneously.”

If you want to know the answer, click on the link below:
Answer

Let us all pray that this visionary man does receive his Democratic comrades nomination, so that we might all have a hope of being saved from our own darkness.

8hUTA.png
**** you and welcome to professional journalism, you could be hired by a cable news network for your skill at taking **** out of context.

I disagree with Senator Sanders about feminism, but he's surely not taking any traditionalist stance. http://imgur.com/hJVDNT5 His main issues are money in politics, breaking up banks, and climate change anyway.

Mage246 said:
Right, because the only way that the government has of getting anyone to do anything is by gunpoint.  :roll:

Doing something voluntarily when it's criminal not to is still at gunpoint. People can understand that the same rifle that gets pointed at them also gets pointed at those who would do them harm.

Hell, I'd much prefer a society where we didn't have to choose the lesser evil, and just be stateless.

But the problem is that once you rid yourself of the state, rid yourself of the mechanism of force and war, another one comes and invades to replace it by force. So you must then build the least violent state you can, getting as close as you can to no government, while still having things like a military and police force to protect your rights.

Biggest problem with libertarians - so out of touch with reality that they pretend that sound principles = sound policy.

This is probably the worst argument you've made since you decided you hated Napoleon because of something that (you thought) sounded like something he would do. Which was based off perceptions from a movie and never actually happened.

*EDIT*

New post.

Frankly, it is going to bite the rest of the world in the ass no matter who wins, one way or another.

Mage246 said:
Biggest problem with libertarians - so out of touch with reality that they pretend that sound principles = sound policy.
Most libertarians are just rebranded conservatives, but I honestly don't understand how the philosophy of libertarianism even makes scene. "fiscally conservative and socially liberal" just sounds like "I want all of the nice things , but I don't want to pay for them."

Frankish Sinatra said:
Mage246 said:
Most libertarians are just rebranded conservatives, but I honestly don't understand how the philosophy of libertarianism even makes scene.
Uhuh.
Frankish Sinatra said:
"fiscally conservative and socially liberal" just sounds like "I want all of the nice things , but I don't want to pay for them."
Oh, so we need taxpayer dollars to have social freedoms.

Mage246 said:
Perhaps you could give an example. Saying our ideas are incorrect does not an argument make.

Rallix said:
Mage246 said:

Doing something voluntarily when it's criminal not to is still at gunpoint. People can understand that the same rifle that gets pointed at them also gets pointed at those who would do them harm.

Hell, I'd much prefer a society where we didn't have to choose the lesser evil, and just be stateless.

But the problem is that once you rid yourself of the state, rid yourself of the mechanism of force and war, another one comes and invades to replace it by force. So you must then build the least violent state you can, getting as close as you can to no government, while still having things like a military and police force to protect your rights.

Example 1.

Perhaps thats where you lose me, because socially liberal to me means things like healthcare, social security, food stamps, ect.... Those things cost money.
Rallix said:
social freedoms
What exactly are "social freedoms"? From my perspective that's just the typical conservative "govrnment stolz muh freedum" rhetoric with the word social thrown in to make it seem smart. I'm not trying to insult you here by the way. I just really don't get it.

Yeesh, enough with the random YouTube vids.

Anyway, the thread is becoming about libertarian-ism despite, as I said, it all being purely theoretical. :razz:

For one thing, libertarians all have very different ideas about what that means, how it means it and why it should mean that. If it were a cohesive party to begin with, it would have no consistent platform to stand on.

Kobrag said:
It's kinda hard to argue that America hasn't improved in the last few terms.
Says someone who doesn't live here and consistently proves that he knows nothing about the country or its laws and will straight up make **** up about it.

I'm noy sure why the presidency is even such a big deal. From the looks of it, they can't do ****. They just make a lot of promises to get elected, fulfill a handfull of them, get stopped, stalled, fillibustered or vetoed on the others, everyone bashes them for it and after the second term the whole circus starts anew.

Can you Americans please elect a president and a Congress that will pass a working universal health care system? It's pretty much the only thing stopping me from marrying for citizenship :razz:

Back
Top Bottom