2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea, Biden's taking lead in Michigan and Wisconsin at ~95% in and seems poised to narrowly win them and the only way for Trump is winning Pennsylvania and Nevada, which is a bit of a long shot. But the margin in WI and MI is 20k and 45k votes atm, so I'm sure Trump will summon all legalese mojo and sue for recounts etc.

Even if he loses, Reps seem extremely likely to keep the Senate, even if Loeffler loses the run-off in January and Dems to keep the House, but not really expanding their majority substantially. Biden's leading the popular vote by 2% atm, will probably increase it a bit once the West Coast is fully counted, but still overall not the crashing blue wave they had been hoping for and, more importantly, not (again) the double digit genocide that the vast majority of polls predicted.
I've seen some people say the fact that it's this close just means that populism hasn't run its course, and I think they're right. ****ing sucks. Hope we're going to have long, deep contemplations on how to move forward.

Last edited:
Wine-moms are the backbone of the Democratic party. I will not let you disparage them :xf-mad::xf-mad::xf-mad:

Lmaoing really hard at anyone who think the animus that makes people vote Trump would just go away and they can go back to mimosas at brunch.

Definitely agree on this one. I still don't understand how on Earth the Democratic party thought that Biden was the answer to Trump. Yeah, let's pit someone who's been around for over 40 years against a clown who has as his only selling point that he is a newcomer against established politics (not really, but people buy it so it doesn't matter). That oughta make things fun!

Interesting factoids defying "common sense":

"Despite" going for Trump by 51%, Florida also voted on $ 15 minimum wage (increasing ffrom 8.50) and passed it by 60+ %

"Despite" being 85% Hispanic and quite poor with median household income of 25k and having been deep blue for over a hundred years, the Zapata county in Texas went 53% for Trump.

Definitely agree on this one. I still don't understand how on Earth the Democratic party thought that Biden was the answer to Trump. Yeah, let's pit someone who's been around for over 40 years against a clown who has as his only selling point that he is a newcomer against established politics (not really, but people buy it so it doesn't matter). That oughta make things fun!

Trying, desperately, to keep the status quo going, despite all indications of everyone and their dog thinking their raggedy asses are overdue for the door?

I can't believe how ****ing close this has been. I thought Trump would have lost support since 2016, especially with his poor response to the pandemic. Instead it's down to the ****ing wire. Not only does it make watching the results nerve-wracking, it's pretty scary to see that the country is still going to be so divided after 2020, no matter who wins.

Trying, desperately, to keep the status quo going, despite all indications of everyone and their dog thinking their raggedy asses are overdue for the door?
Plz.

Biden was not ''set up'' by the Democrats, he was voted for. When charismatic, energized, new thinkers like Buttigieg, Warran and Harris ran against Biden, they simply lost the vote.

Last edited:
Plz.

Biden was not ''set up'' by the Democrats, he was voted for. When charismatic, energized, new thinkers like Buttigieg, Warran and Harris ran against Biden, they simply lost the vote.

Please. If anything, the previous election showed how corrupt and insular the Democratic Party is. Harris didn't even lose the vote, she couldn't grease the wheels enough to get there. It disgusts me.

Please. If anything, the previous election showed how corrupt and insular the Democratic Party is. Harris didn't even lose the vote, she couldn't grease the wheels enough to get there. It disgusts me.
Sorry I think you're confused, the previous election is not the current election.

Last edited:
I agree but it's a matter of degree/ Trump 100% corrupt, Democrats 40%

The problem is that Trump is just the symptom. This is happening because people have lost trust in the Democrats, and they have good reasons to do so. And the person who is corrupt at 100% has no shame and will blatantly lie, telling desperate people what they want to hear, and they will fall for it and vote for him because what the hell, it's not like the other side cares. He's been around less, maybe it will work. What do I have to lose?

No matter how this ends, I see this election as a complete failure for Democrats. If this is the best they can do against an actual fascist who also happens to be completely incompetent, there's something that went seriously wrong.

Interesting factoids defying "common sense":

"Despite" going for Trump by 51%, Florida also voted on $ 15 minimum wage (increasing ffrom 8.50) and passed it by 60+ %

"Despite" being 85% Hispanic and quite poor with median household income of 25k and having been deep blue for over a hundred years, the Zapata county in Texas went 53% for Trump.

^this. The people who want this kind of thing should not be picking Trump and the Republicans over the Democratic party. The fact that they do proves that the Democrats need to change pretty much everything about themselves.

Back
Top Bottom