2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

You've shown your ignorance over and over again.

I notice you don't have a problem with complaints made from ignorance and lacking a reputable source.

1. Correct my ignorance then, you irritating person. :/ Give me some ****ing context to work with.
2.The ACLU is one of the largest, most reptutable and well maintained legal institutions in American history. Please correct me if I am wrong. :3
Edited for calmness.

>looks at 550 page thread.

Just give me a tl:dr. ಠ_ಠ

Edit: On cursory inspection... yeah, nothing of worth, substance or foundation to call me 'ignorant'. Thanks for getting me selfconcious for no ****ing reason. >:[

Last edited:
In the 1960s, all over the Southern US was a land of misadventure if you were black. Since then the urban areas have become invested in changing that image and also the reality. Charlotte is the 16th largest city in the country, by population. For over 20 years it has had a black police chief. The county containing Charlotte has a black sheriff. Recently we elected a black mayor. Protests about anything have become very rare.
If you want to find remnants of the 60s, you must go to places like Hickory, NC where history has become frozen in time and where Trump's supporters reign. What else you want?

In the 1960s, all over the Southern US was a land of misadventure if you were black. Since then the urban areas have become invested in changing that image and also the reality. Charlotte is the 16th largest city in the country, by population. For over 20 years it has had a black police chief. The county containing Charlotte has a black sheriff. Recently we elected a black mayor. Protests about anything have become very rare.
If you want to find remnants of the 60s, you must go to places like Hickory, NC where history has become frozen in time and where Trump's supporters reign. What else you want?

And how does that counter my point? That the police in genral are mistreating black communities. And are met with chants of the line of a particular song. "Those that work forces are often those that burn crosses."
You fall into the comon trope where people point to current state of progress and say we donlt need any more change. Or use local experiences to colour their view of a larger sample size, the embodiment of the 'frog in the well' proverb.
I can imagine that rural communities can't connect with a poc's fear of the police, as many rural communities elect and live alongside their law enforcement. An anology to give would be to compare the lawenforcement of larger cities and communites to the ATF.
A larger body of enforcement with guns, with no elected representitive that acts heavy handledly, leaving victims of any mishandling without the ability to contest or recieve compensation for their mistreatment.

I am saying, it;s not an uncommon belief that police forces overtarget poc's and their communities. There have been riots near every decade since the passing of the civil rghts act!

...Police used black people who were foraging for food after Katrina for shooting practice you blinkered horse!! And they got away with reduced charges...

I am now just gonna assume you are acting in bad faith.*

****ING HELL.

*GLUG*

*GLUG*

*GLUG*

EDIT:

EDIT2: *As you keep missing my dog gamned points.

Last edited:
Probably right to say that police isn't incentivised to act more restrained or professional but also probably shouldn't say **** like police are using civilians as target practice, @Kobrag.

Probably right to say that police isn't incentivised to act more restrained or professional but also probably shouldn't say **** like police are using civilians as target practice, @Kobrag.

Calling in an active shooting when meeting a family crossing a bridge, before excecuting almost every single one of them? I guess I was too lenient
Where exactly is "Cthulhu's bedroom?"
I was talking about the perception of police forces in the US in GENERAL, as I have repeatedly said. =/

Back
Top Bottom