2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
We are speaking about Charlotte, NC, not Italy. Also, the current issue in Minneapolis is not about a white man dying in custody of a black officer. Your example is irrelevant.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
I understand that a white police officer knelt on the neck of a black man and may have contributed to his death while in police custody. Be sure to correct me if that is not what happened. Also, that is not something that would happen here.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
So, you're saying that, since his election as sheriff, Garry McFadden has somehow become a racist versus whom, whites or blacks?

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
Cops of all colours are all but actively ordered to make racist assumptions every day. Something as seemingly innocuous as "we need to deal with the thugs in this town" is very implicitly racist, and the police deal with this kind of language all the time. It's practically impossible to avoid this as a police officer, even if you're the proud owner of one of these:

Best answers
He is saying that when a system is overwhelmingly and systematically discriminatory against certain people, even those people might lose sight of the problem once they become part of the system itself.

Also the issue is not about local police. If the local police works well, that's fantastic. The issue is about a country wide system for accountability for when the local police fails to act as it should.

I am also a bit curious about why you think that it wouldn't happen in the US. It's not like there's lack of examples of rapists getting away with it in here.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
Cops of all colours are all but actively ordered to make racist assumptions every day. Something as seemingly innocuous as "we need to deal with the thugs in this town" is very implicitly racist, and the police deal with this kind of language all the time. It's practically impossible to avoid this as a police officer, even if you're the proud owner of one of these:

I don't own the sheriff, although I did vote for him. Police probably do deal with language all the time, it's part of the human experience. I don't know what your personal history has been like but making assumptions about my experience based on your own experience is patently wrong.

Best answers

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
Jacob, you seem a smart individual and I really like you. But if you're looking for racial hatred toward you from me, it's not going to happen, no matter how many N-Word Passes I see.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
It may be your trove of academia overlapping with real life. In real life men, even cops, can hear and read all kinds of things without it affecting them personally.

Flin Flon

It may be your trove of academia overlapping with real life. In real life men, even cops, can hear and read all kinds of things without it affecting them personally.
It's wierd to say people don't form opinions on the basis of experiences.