2016 Summer Olympics

Users who are viewing this thread

I suddenly became interested in watching some of the events this year and I thought a separate thread might be useful. I suspect some of the Brazilians here might also have something to say about it.  :razz:

Operning ceremony tonight at 11.00 GMT. I might watch it tomorrow, but I'm more interested in the games themselves. Might try to catch swimming, archery, fencing and weightlifting at least.

Tbh, in despite of or perhaps because of the crazy mess swirling around it, it has piqued my interest and I'll probably actually be following the Olympics closely. If nothing else, it is kind of one of the few (mostly) positive shared experiences of all the worlds nations, and I'm all for that. Not ignoring the flaws tho.  :razz:

Not sure how positive it really is, with Danes being mugged in the Olympic Village or Russians having to shoot carjackers within a few miles of their hotel just within the last week. :lol:

It's a giant nationalist pissing contest invented by the Greeks to try to normalize pederasty and it hasn't been watchable since Leni Riefenstahl.

I only care for the weightlifting. Which the only enjoyable events are now weight classes with Chinese lifters due to all Russian (plus Ilyin) getting banned by the IWF.

ColonicAcid said:
I only care for the weightlifting. Which the only enjoyable events are now weight classes with Chinese lifters due to all Russian (plus Ilyin) getting banned by the IWF.

Ilya is out ? Why ?

I really looked forward to the games, but all the ****ty news in brazil have taken some of the wind out of the sails, plus the ban on russian athletes. Still looking forward to Weightlifting and Athletics (right term ?). Maybe some Wrestling and Boxing.

IWF actually has a spine compared to the IOC. They did retests of the 2012 results and all Russian athletes were implicated in addition with some others such as Ilya. Thus the IWF blanket banned Russians from the weightlifting event.

Norwegian guy to the finals in single sculls rowing, that's kind of cool.

Looking forward to seeing how Katie Ledecky does at swimming tomorrow, on Monday and Thursday. Also looking forward to individual archery on Monday because there's one Norwegian there. Also Karma from Bhutan, I just love her.

Norway vs. Brazil in women's handball going on now. It's not a sport I'm excited about but the Norwegians always do well at women's handball so everyone else is  apparently interested.

I am not sure if its okay to ask, but Ill shoot anyway. Has anyone found a good streaming site ? I cant watch over TV and I suspect that we will get only the German Athletes + the big Track and Field events anyway on german TV.

ColonicAcid said:
IWF actually has a spine compared to the IOC. They did retests of the 2012 results and all Russian athletes were implicated in addition with some others such as Ilya. Thus the IWF blanket banned Russians from the weightlifting event.

Wow, seriously? My mistake for reading incorrectly. That's quite sad.

7cpjAKx.png

Oh buddy old pal that's a save and a half. It's also a no lift, but what the judge didn't see did not happen.

Back
Top Bottom