2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

There is Caer Guricon where the prison guard is completely somewhere else than the prison actually is,
next to it is Caer Magnis which seems to have no troops at all in scenes, or when you enter the courtyard it's actually a scene for a siege?
Also talking with the merchant that has troubles with Neko and his Cantware mercenaries, the dialog gets stuck when you ask him to tell you what's wrong. To fix you need alt f4
Sometimes I would meet random ladies in taverns or in the great halls where they would say that a lord has given them free passage, even though they don't live in the castle or their fac is at peace

Brytenwalda is my favorite mod, I'm glad you're keeping it alive and fresh so thanks!

Guys, noob question but I need to know. I love the stuff like fatigue and stamina or tripping when moving backwards, but I dislike inconsistencies. If my character and troops are the only ones affected by said features, I'd rather turn both off. Do these extra gimmicks actually affect ai troops? I've never seen an enemy stumble or fall when moving backwards. How about the fatigue and stamina? And, to add on that, do ai troops bleed?

@netrius: Thank you for the bug reports. I'll look into them for the upcoming patch. Some of them are baked into the 2013 Brytenwalda released which I brought over wholesale.
@Verisoxy: It doesn't seem right, but this is an old issue that all Warband players have. You and your companions are the only ones affected by the tripping. I'm not sure, but I think the same is true of stamina.

To this point, I haven't read of any mod that can apply them to enemy bots. Anyone have an idea?

You can turn the tripping off in the camp menu/options.
Some people like more challenges, some less.
Your team already has a big advantage the AI doesn't: a human leader.

The overhaul mods are Standalone.
That means they don't require the Brytenwalda 1.41 or other patches from other mods.
Standalone means they only need the base game of MB: Warband.

Hello, I'm having trouble playing this mod. I own a DRM free version of Warband (GOG version) and when trying to run this mod, I'm prompted to type a viking conquest key. I'm not sure if viking conquest is supposed to be required or not. Any fixes or ideas?

If you are launching with Steam, you get that pop-up.
How are you launching?
This mod has nothing to do with Steam.
It is similar to VC but there is no link in the launcher.
The free standalone you download actually has an exe in it if yours still does that.
GDW

Not launching through steam, launching through WSE exe with a GOG version. Maybe there's no way around it then :sad:

About the archers issue I was having earlier: They refuse to respond to any key and simply wander off and die. Part of the problem is everything is set to groups like unnamed 2 or 3 instead of infantry etc. I have to individually change each unit to the correct group each playthrough.

Really liking the rework so far. Salinae actually works in what seems to be an understandable manner. I'm not making profit per se, but as long as I use troops I'd be keeping around anyway as guards it's saving me quite a bit. Multiple mercs in taverns is a huge help, allowing you to pick the types you need / can afford.

Found a bunch of minor bugs:

The merchant questline broke when I told him I wasn't ready for the final battle, I had to restart and accept the final battle immediately. He then gave me two sets of the armor, which seems glitchy.

The merchant tunics and fur coats are not applying their skill bonuses.

Military hammers seem to have a base cost of 2, or 1% of a wooden club.

IMO you went overboard nerfing the herdsman trick. Cows seem to be running about 950 each, while giving 850 worth of hides and beef at full nominal price. IIRC dairy cows had only just been invented a century prior, so most cattle would still be beef and should trade at a reasonable enough profit to justify the risk of investing in wealth that can be easily herded away. I didn't know how to lower the cost of cattle, so I set hides to 400 and beef to 200. This lets me trade 1 or maybe 2 cows to a town before it becomes a wash to buy them. I get that stealing them is the balancing concern, but I'm playing the good guy route.

The NPC import export is only allowing me to select 16 NPCs, the rest are not listed.

Changing my character's name gives me 29999 xp if I type a space and then a capital letter after his existing name. This bug is also present in Repolished, dunno about the base mod.

Also confused by preassigning every unit to one of the unnamed groups, makes it very difficult to fight alongside allies when I have no idea what Unnamed 4 is composed of or what tactics it should be using. Just naming the groups something helpful would go a long way without undoing whatever you were trying to achieve by putting them in those groups to start with.

Tried to rescue an imprisoned lord in Aine Ceaster with no mission to do so, no one but the prison guard spawned, on the opposite side of the castle from the prison he should be guarding.

Found a merchant near grantbrycge going from grantbrycge to grantbyrcge.  Offered them protection. Dialog was waiting for me to left click, animations still ran, so game didn't lock up, but it ignored my left clicks and I had to alt-tab out and kill the program. Repeatable from the loaded savegame.

My party of all companions and myself fought 17 theows and got a war trophy and a battle trophy.

Thank you for the detailed report. I am working on a patch for the new year and can include these in it.
Herdsmen: So you buy cows for the beef? Usually they are tradeable. I was trying to make them about the value of their parts.
The protect mission is new. It actually foresees at least 6 different scenarios but players keep finding more. I wonder if I should nerf it.
The trophies usually spawn from combat with enemy Lord parties. Was there a remnant of a party you were assisting? Theows shouldn't cause that.
Let me know if there is anything else to include.
GDW

Gladly, look forward to the update and will help as I'm able. I held onto the savegame with the repeatable merchant lockup bug, let me know if there are others you want a save for.

Can't advise on nerfing the protect mission as I wasn't able to get a response to my offer, so I've never done one. Can try again.

It's been a rare combat that I didn't get at least one trophy, usually I get a battle and a war trophy. I've been running around with all the companions fighting bandits, franks, and danes. I did use character import/export to cheat my looting up to 10(+4), that may have something to do with it. As an aside, you mapping looting to charisma has been the first time the looting skill has made any sort of intuitive sense to me. All the loot is there and available, your charisma based looting skill just represents how big you can convince your army the leader's share ought to be. Vanilla where dead people can hide things from you because you're too much of a klutz just made my brain hurt, so I got in the habit of making looting 10 on day one.

Herding, yeah, I'm buying cows one at a time when I can find them for under 900 and selling the beef and hides at my adjusted base values or better (200 for beef and 400 for hides). I've got quite a stash of beef built up. Hides I'm having a little more luck finding markets for. It's a far cry from Repolished where I was limiting myself to 5 cows at a time just for convenience sake and making 10000 scillingas per town. If the cow sells for the value of its parts, no one would herd cows, so they need to be a bit cheaper than their components. Like the 2 beef and 2 hides should sell for 1/3 to 1/4 more than the cow.  I'd much prefer to make cows cheaper rather than hides and beef more valuable, but I couldn't find how to adjust that.

I am pretty sure cow prices are not in items.txt. I can do a scan when I get home.

Dairy cows were pretty common for thousands of years given that most of us are not lactose intolerant. Cheese?
What do you think a fair value is.
I wouldn't want cows to be an easy exploit. The goal is to force players to use a variety of strategies.

It would be nice if you can try my protect mission again. I could just remove it but spent so many hours trying to figure out how players could goof it up.

Repeatable merchant: Are you referring to the initial mission breaking if you refuse? I don't think that will be hard to fix.
Thanks, GDW

Can confirm cow prices are not part of items.txt.  As my game goes on and some villages prosper due to peace, I'm seeing cows come down in price to 750 or even 650 once the village has multiple hundreds. I'm still having trouble getting nominal prices for beef and hides though.

I stand corrected. I'd read that dairy from other animals was ancient but specifically from cattle dated only to the plague of Justinian and was an Anglo Saxon invention. Googling for the source on that just now debunked it.

I'm using 1200 nominal price for 2 hides and 2 beef and no change to your base cow cost (since I never found where to change it). It's a long way from an exploit, I've been buying a cow or at most 2 between towns and had to give it up due to unsold beef filling half my wagon.

Will try the protect mission with a merchant that is less obviously bugged. When I reloaded the save, this one for whatever reason was from Grantbrycge, heading to Grantbyrcge, and I met him a pixel away from Grantbrycge, so he's a bit suspect.

Yes, I broke the mission chain from the initial merchant by accepting the final combat mission but telling him I wasn't ready to start it just yet. I started a new game and ran this mission all the way thru, and he gave me two sets of the armor, which also seemed glitchy.

Edit: Found a merchant from Mumain on the way to Canterbury, offered him protection. Got the response window saying "I will protect you, follow me." Then a CTD. Which is an improvement of sorts. Also get a repeatable CTD whenever I try to talk to any companion, which is new and game ending. So I'll hang onto the saves if you want them and play other mods until the update.

As for the update, I'd like to request autoloot, or specifically autoequipping companions. I know it conflicts with the loot system, but I almost don't care what it breaks after 30 days with 28 companions. I realize that's not the design intent, but it's so hard to pass them up. Maybe make it a thing you trigger from the camp menu and divorce it from battle loot entirely? So player completes the BW looting process, then manually starts the autoequip process and puts the stuff out of his inventory into the "loot" pool for companions.

The launcher freezes when I try to switch modules from native to Brytenwalda Reworked. Any idea of why that might be happing? Version 1.168

I can't name a specific reason for that.
I would unzip it again in the correct location.
Odd bugs like this are reported all the time for MB mods.

I'm sorry for the delay. The holidays means I'm away from the modding computer for extended periods.

Pode said:
Edit: Found a merchant from Mumain on the way to Canterbury, offered him protection. Got the response window saying "I will protect you, follow me." Then a CTD. Which is an improvement of sorts. Also get a repeatable CTD whenever I try to talk to any companion, which is new and game ending. So I'll hang onto the saves if you want them and play other mods until the update.

For the next patch, I only have time to work on priority or easy issues. CTD for companions is a priority issue. Is this reproducible in a savegame? Can you link it to any decisions you made in the game?
Your savegames might be valuable if I can't reproduce the issue. Please save them as well as your modified files.

Has anyone else had this CTD companion dialog issue?

No worries man, I'm away from modding Stellaris for similar reasons.

Unfortunately the companion crash was reproducible, so I had to abandon the save. I'd be glad to send it to you, what method would you prefer? I can't really think of anything I might have done that would have caused it. No changes from the vanilla mod except the tweak to the beef prices and some liberal use of the cheat menu item store to get crossbows. I am trying to run with all of the available companions, so perhaps that's somehow related.

The best way would be to zip up the text files WITHOUT the folders.
Include 1-3 save games in the zip.
I will start a game on it, then try to use the savegames.
I can create scripts that will write the debug log to tell me what is going on.

Can you use a cloud site like dropbox easily?
Otherwise, just message me and I will give you the site email address to attach it.

This should be a link to a public shared zip file on my Dropbox. It has the itemkinds1.text with the tweaked hide and beef prices, the first savegame where I encountered the merchant bug, and sg08 where I found both the merchant bug and the companion crash on initiating dialog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n09jqwjmfd7f5yg/Pode%20bugged%20games.zip?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom