2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

The freelancer version in the mod is from from 2012 like the rest of Brytenwalda 1.41 except for a few improvements by TML.
dlga_companion_personalityclash_b:companion_personalityclash_response.
Rgl_log errors or screen errors like this are excellent help for me. However, I need a context as specific as possible.
A opcode is typically used 20-30 times in the script. Was this after a battle?
Was this the 2nd argument?
Who were the two companions?

This could be because I added several companions.
There is a current companion bug post-battle that isn't causing problems for me.
I just ignore it and keep playing.
Is this causing a crash?
I'm primarily focusing on game-breaking bugs now.

I'm quite busy, but I would welcome help from any testers who can provide detailed error analysis.
I'm focused on resolving significant game bugs now after fixing combat AI in the last patch.
How are you?

This is a nice mod. Unfortunatedly I've huge morale problems which is the first time around when playing warband. I'm -64 due to recent events all the time. All I've done is attack bandits and win those fights. My companions are all good friends. Bugs or is there something one can do to solve it?

I would ignore the morale values temporarily. The formula attempts to include a few new variables (especially lack of time to rest), but I mixed up something in the process.  I hope to fix this in the August patch.

If you are worried, I think there are other places to review morale.
Also, if troops start defecting, that's where you know morale is really a problem.

If you are concerned, buy special food or the troops.
Gift the companions rings. They get triple morale from such gifts in this mod.

If you want to test, see what happens to the morale when you rest a night. Does it go up or down?

gdwitt said:
I'm quite busy, but I would welcome help from any testers who can provide detailed error analysis.
I'm focused on resolving significant game bugs now after fixing combat AI in the last patch.
How are you?
Hi,
sorry for late response, I was busy too with job things in the previous weeks. Did you wrote somewhere about what details you need if someone found a bug?

Well I've given up on your mod for now. Too many bugs and decisions that decrease the atmosphere. For example naming a slaver Jabba the hut or calling companions "Trainer". I'm enjoying repolished instead.

I'll hold off on the mod update then unless someone else is waiting.
I added 2 new companions to help companions level up quicker. Each companion is a high level trainer and I added that to the end of the name to help new players figure out their purpose and why they cost more to recruit.
Have fun spending three times as long leveling up in Repolished.

Do not hold off if you have spare time, please! There are many of us waiting for updates for this awesome submod, even if most of us don't post on the forums. I have an older version of Reworked and I'm wondering whether to update now or wait for the next one, which you say is days away. Guess I better wait.

Is this 'Jabba' thing true? If it is, isn't it a bit immersion-breaking (it's your mod of course, you can do whatever you want, just an opinion). Like you say, game-breaking stuff should always be a priority. I guess stuff such as names can be easily fixed to fit everyone's individual taste. If you can point us to the specific files that need editing, that would be great. Keep up the great work!  :party:

One last request, if it's not too much: when done, please upload the updated version to Nexus, too (like the last patch from May), for some reason other link doesn't work for me! Thanks loads.

I'll give it a stab by tomorrow, but it might have to wait until next week if you don't see it posted.
I'm going out of town.

I can rename Jabba. All of the slave traders in the mod have their own names.
Do you have a suggestion for a slave trader name?

Very good! No rush, glad to hear you are open to suggestions to make Reworked even better. As to the slave trader name, I guess any era-appropriate name would do (plus 'the Slaver' at the end?). If we both can't think of something, surely someone on this thread will come up with at least a couple of names!  :grin: Have a nice trip out of town.

No problem, actually thank you for announcing the release date. Looking forward to trying it out. I hope it's not irritating to remind you again of a potential upload to Nexus.

Hi gdwitt, thanks for the mention in the credits! I only just came back to Warband and had almost forgotten about my crash-course in Warband modding with TML's submod back in 2014. Looking forward to the newest version of your mod!

Here are the promised text mod files for morale that includes penalties for not resting.
It is not as intricate as the last one, but it appears to be working right.
I am still testing it, but it looks like there are no more bugs.
I will have this on nexus and kirmizi when I find my password.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3tm5k6zsf34fih/moraleupdate220817.zip?dl=0

Note that I only included relevant text files: this doesn't overwrite any changes you may have made to items or troops.
If this, for some reason, doesn't work, I'll upload the entire text file as a formal patch by Friday.

Back
Top Bottom