2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

This sub-mod really looks great.

I am no noob but I am confused a little here with the order of the downloads.

The way I understand it,

I download Brytenwalda 1.41,
then Brytenwalda Reworked v24 (Release Feb 15),
then BWReworkedv24 Patch E

Is that correct? 

Or do I need to download patches A through D first?

The standalone has all the material from Brytenwalda that's needed.
BW has more and less and is 3 years old now.

Download the Standalone.
Download the latest patch unless the directions say it is only an incremental patch.
Patch E is a complete update with the contents of all the patches since the Standalone.

To setup WSE for blunts and flails, look at the Readme in the Patch E folder.

Cheers,
GDW

Ah man iv tested it a few times but my bug still hasn't gone.
I installed latest patch, replaced all the files and started a new game but I checked to see if the bug was there and the incorrect dialogue that bug causes still occurs, sorry man, hope u can get this fixed and thanks for your help.

Matty,
Remind me what your bug is.

Assuming it's the old: "I'm the son of ...." for women:
The gender bug with ladies is fixed from my end in two different game builds.
Replacing all the files with Patch E is all that's needed.
I don't think this bug has anything to do with savegames, but can you give it a try with a new game? I don't have any savegames to test with.
Just launch, wait one day, increase your renown via the cheat menu to 200 and hop between towns until your find a tournament.
Skip the tournament and go directly the main hall to meet the ladies.

Oops just realised id reported this bug in the wrong place but oh well might as well carry on now. My bug is a dialogue problem where when I put a companion as minister when I became independent whenever I go speak to him all he says is ' shall I rejoin your party again' instead of the usual stufff a minister lets u do.

OH that one. You might need to wait for the next patch after school gets out for me.
I disabled that option in the new mod I think.
However, if your companion is already a minister, I need to add a series of checks in different places to allow him to continue as minister.
Can you ask him to just rejoin and stop being a minister?

Yh tried that , unfortuntly he stays whatever I say, he stays standing there in the hall being a useless idiot. even if this bug gets fixed, hes fired because hes been a pretty awful minister  :lol:

I am not receiving tax revenue. As in taxes are not working. Enterprises are stuck on waiting 7 days. It's been weeks and nothing has happened.

Edit: Taxation works. Private enterprises still don't work.

Enterprises have a great deal of scattered scripts.
What message indicates to you that they are not working?
When you speak to the enterprise owner what do they say?
I might be able to find time to fix this this weekend with precision.
Otherwise, next weekend since its final exam time.

I talk to the guy working at my enterprise and he is stuck on saying it will be up and running in 7 days. It's been weeks they are not working.

I solved the problem I think but need to test it.
It's like the last few bugs: it arose from reorganizing the code and a few missing ties.
I will release a patch by 7am European time.

This should fix the enterprise issue.
Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c3tm98db0adn99/simple_triggers.txt?dl=0
It's also in the new patch. The only real change in the patch is this one file.
I tested it in two builds and all seems fine.
It does seem a bit too easy, but I'm not complaining unless you all complain.
I was making 510 a week for a brewery in Grantebryge.
I could make the enterprises more expensive or tweak the inputs or selling price.

I noticed that the factions that were destroyed are not being disbanded. They have no settlements and it's been at least a week or more. Seals-ey, which my faction Cantware has destroyed has no standing army left.

Can you check the faction notes for the Lords of the faction.
Brytenwalda has an old bug where faction Lords would hang out in remote spots or as uninvited pest guests.
If a Lord is listed for the faction and has not "left the realm" he could be camped out somewhere.

Suth Seaxe and East Seaxna have not disbanded but have been without any fiefs for weeks. I've only seen two factions total be marked as defeated. So, it's not completely bugged. I tracked down the lords of Suth Seaxe and defeated their small parties just to make sure. It didn't help. Not sure if there's a bug but it's annoying the war hasn't ended yet despite being over.

Where can I download patch E? I only see Patch F on Nexus..

Is the Brytenwalda new-game set-up restored? I just tried a new game and it's still the Warband default but maybe I have not applied the patch.

Patch F contains all of the patches in it.
The unique BW slider presentation screen and new character values/weapons is restored in patch F.

I've got some errors.

90% of the spy reports are not displaying properly:
"Rumors go a spy has been caught in no relation"or "Rumors go a spy has been caught in daughter".
The other 10% have their corresponding cities/castles.

Obviously the location has been swapped with any random event or happening (or the spy really is doing things with my daughter...).  :facepalm:

Also some of the other notifications seems bugged. Every night, I get around 15 encumberance and morale messages like this:
"encumberanceby3_norest"

Any idea how to fix this or are these known bugs?

The encumbrance penalty is a new dynamic script that I added.
If encumbrance is 5, your party will not be able to handle heavy equipment in battle as well and you'll see he red numbers in their skill screens.
If they rest every night, you should stay at encumbrance one or two.
Note that this increases if you spend the night running and you get double rest if you rest at night in a town or castle.
This is a way of using the encumbrance scripts that make the game real while also avoiding the steepest penalties.
You can still turn it all of in camp options.
I can remove that debug statement, but I thought it would help you see where the penalty level rests.

It sounds like the strings file is scrambled. I assume those are the exact quotes?
I won't have time to fix that until next weekend, but it will certainly be on my list.
NEW-----------------------------------
I forgot to add that Encumbrance penalty also affects the party speed on the campaign map.

Back
Top Bottom