2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

gdwitt said:
It is time to Rambo dark age England on horseback!
Version 23 is officially released!!

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
It includes a flail folder which will require some reading in the Readme file to get working.
Flails are great because you can hit the enemy without getting hitback.
They are a liability on foot however.

If you're playing with the v23 patch, this is mostly the same thing except for the flails.
All patches will be save game compatible and are savegame compatible at least back to version 21.
Finally a standalone version, gonna download it.

EDIT: Does this reforged mod works on 1.158 or higher?

MrSplashy said:
gdwitt said:
It is time to Rambo dark age England on horseback!
Version 23 is officially released!!

It includes a flail folder which will require some reading in the Readme file to get working.
Flails are great because you can hit the enemy without getting hitback.
They are a liability on foot however.

If you're playing with the v23 patch, this is mostly the same thing except for the flails.
All patches will be save game compatible and are savegame compatible at least back to version 21.
Finally a standalone version, gonna download it.

EDIT: Does this reforged mod works on 1.158 or higher?
yes it does but the best is you use 1.168 the latest warband version..
pls delete your manga pic (signatur) this is awful and way to big...

hi gdwitt, for me there is no Flail Folder in that download, V23 Standalone.. so i have only WSELoader.exe and the dll +the wse loader log text in BWRe. mainfolder.
then, i can only find with a search the sound file and the BRF for Flail.
well i will try with my own WSE warband.exe and the warband_dedicated.exe. for 1.168. what WSE version do you use, 4.2.0?
It is still a great submod! i mean you do not have to use the Flails..

edit: your explanation in your README is kind of bad for people wich never used WSE befor and or don't speek english so well.

Hi all,
It seems to be quite important to use Warband 1.168. Some errors simply disappear after you upgrade. That ''Unrecognized opcode 2076 line no5'' that I wrote about in my last post is no longer there.  Also every time I wanted to use chain flail game stopped like ''warband need to be close'', everything is fine now. So we can play with older versions but with some small errors.

I'm sorry everyone.
The flail pack is missing which was the main point of the new standalone Resource folder.
I'll upload it on Monday as soon as I get back home.
You can still use flails in the v23, you just won't be able to see them swing.
Anyways, I'm look forward to your feedback on the new armor penalty and resting scripts as well as other new issues.
All upcoming patches will savegame compatible.

gdwitt said:
I'm sorry everyone.
The flail pack is missing which was the main point of the new standalone Resource folder.
I'll upload it on Monday as soon as I get back home.
You can still use flails in the v23, you just won't be able to see them swing.
Anyways, I'm look forward to your feedback on the new armor penalty and resting scripts as well as other new issues.
All upcoming patches will savegame compatible.
....The armor penalties can be turned off right?

That issue popped up in Brytenwalda reworked this summer.  See threads on Lords quitting or defecting from a faction.
This is happening to all the Lords everywhere.
I don't understand if this is a Brytenwalda issue or a Reworked issue.
I solved the problem by reducing the penalty that occured nearly every day.
I forgot the exact issue; it might have been simply unhappy over no fief.

Anyways, please see if you can narrow down what is happening.
How often do they lose relation with you?
Do  they have a quarrel with you? This was the main reason Lords were being kicked out this summer.
Do they have a fief?
How long have you been their king?
Note that they also lose relation if there is a big battle and your Lord was part of it and lost.

Anyways, I'll ask around to see what can be done. I'm sure I can axe the -1 relation hit that occurs every time that script gets called.

You can use a workaround by asking a parent or wife of a Lord if you can improve relation with that lord for 1000 plus.
You can also get a small boost by giving a Lord troops.

New submod Patch for version 23 http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
1) Complete flail pack, but you need to follow the instructions carefully.
2) Standalone flail pack for other Brytenwalda-based mods that doesn't show the swing of the flail.
3) Pagan Lord problems: Quick fixes
You now only lose 1-3 relation if your village has a different religion every 7 days. (celtic considered same as roman christian, woden and celtic pagan considered friendlies for now).
Formerly it was 3-6.
3a) I made all churches and pagan religious buildings more powerful. Right now it takes about 24 weeks to convert a village from one religion persuasion to another. With the new change, it will now take 15 weeks. That's still is a bit long and I could change it.
4) Unhappy Lord fixes: Lords are losing relation regularly with Kings due to personality disagreements over "policy decisions". I think these triggers are wise and I have already cut the penalty from -2 and -3 to -1. In this patch, I added a workaround. When you give troops to a Lord, you gain 2.5 X the normal value of relationship gain. Be sure to do this before the relation gets too low. I removed the requirement that you need a positive relationship with that Lords. This will help the player, but I am still looking for an optimal fix that will help the Kingdoms. Until then expect defections for  most ill-tempered Lords to occur every 6 months.
5) Add scripts to improve the use of blunts on command. This is still under construction. You will not have any problem with the "use blunts' command if your troops have clubs or other blunts. I am converting the mod so that they will use any weapon as a blunt even if it is a sword or spear.

Get the new submod!!
1) The blunts are almost to the point of perfection. I just need to get the staffs to work.
Now 100% of your troops not using staffs will switch to a blunt weapon form on command.
This only works however if you are using WSEloader to launch as described in the flail patch.
I will keep looking for a way to do this without WSE, but WSE is the future of this mod so it's time to hop on board.
2) The new books that weren't findable in camp menu to read are now findable.
3) I made a small change that should improve your chance of running away while raiding a village.
4) I decreased the overall trade penalty and made trade skill more valuable when dealing with merchants.
I could make this penalty less. Right now your relation with the town and the faction affects your ability to buy and sell at fair prices.
5) A number of items were incorrectly set up for the toggle x including Hrunting.
Changes are minor if you have your own version of itemkinds.
Please use the flail version of itemkinds if you are using WSE.

If you're bored, there's nothing I can do.
If you're annoyed, I can help.
The debug statement you see should be something like this "@{!}DEBUG -- Doing randomly_start_war at {reg10}and {reg9}"
It's a trigger and is just telling you that it's doing its work properly.
It calls every single Lord in the game and asks them what they want to do. It's not just about war, but about relations, peace and picking war priorities.
It shutters because there are about 150 of them making 3-4 decisions each.

I would sit back and camp. Your troops now get a big bonus to camping at night that they don't get during the day.
Rested soldiers reduce their armor penalties and have much higher morale.

In the future, I might fix this feature, but I haven't seen a way to remove it yet.

The thing is, screen is trempling, game is frozing and it continues 10-15 sec. Every night, good sir. I deleted my mod and quited my saves for your submod, I was very excited. And clearly I can't play now. Yes, I'm annoyed.

UafXx.jpg

Yes, every night the scripts run.
I could generate a version where the scripts run every 2 days instead of every night.
But that will make politics move half as fast.
What most of us see during those 20 seconds is a slight shaking.
Let me know if you want the special patch.
Cheers,
GDWitt

No all script ideas good, I really like most of them. But I can't play like that (like that in image) If you can save me from that weirdness, I will be grateful gdwitt.

The severity of the shaking varies with the CPU and graphics card.
I notice a slight shake for 8 seconds every night.
On my laptop it is more severe and lasts 14 seconds.
The point is that not everyone should have this problem.

I asked a senior MB modder to look at the scripts being called to see what can be done.

Hi!

Playing your mod -- went really well, and even the stuttering wasn't that bad.

But...

I actually get consistent CTD's. I'm actually at Day 100-ish. I got those CTD's against three different group of enemies. It occurs... well, roughly one second after the start of the battle.

I don't know much else what can I say. I did disable companion complaints, thus quite a bit of companions in my troops. On the other hand, I never had  such problem with any other mod, and I don't even run with the full set of companions either.

I think I fought quite a few times with that exact same number of companions. Keyword is -- I think.

Back
Top Bottom