2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

You can't play without this http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9352/    try it, it enhances the game and makes it seem newer than it is

Hey gdwitt are you alright for me to post a sub mod on the Nexus? All credit given of course and Brytenwalda Reworked original is needed regardless.

Formations were temporarily broken by my last patch that was trying to fix them.
I plan to reinstate the old formation code in the next month.
Sorry for the delay.
The formations work. You just need to remind your men at the start and sometimes in the middle to fall back and line up.
They automatically charge in a group.

Hi there gdwitt, been some time but my interest in Brytenwalda resurfaced and so I updated my 27 version with the B patch. So far so good the mod runs smooth apart from some new village scenes lag due to my old PC, that's not the mod's fault even though it would be cool if you could point me how to 'restore' the old scenes if that's even possible, from an old version of Brytenwalda maybe or even from another mod?

Anyway, all this is minor, the major bug with my install is once again the 'walls of red text' I get during battles, mainly  in open party vs party battles (not quest battles or bandit hideout raids, for example).

I have several other mods installed and working properly, no script errors like this. Gekokujo Daimyo Edition is the only other mod I have this issue with and it clearly requires WSE that I just can't get to work.
As far as I understand, WSE is no longer really required by Reworked and shouldn't cause bugs if not used.  I've installed the mod as instructed and then applied latest mini-patch B. So what am I missing here?

Any help would be appreciated, if you can spare a minute or two.. I realise you surely have other more imporant matters to attend to right now and thanks again for working on this awesome mod still!

Sorry for the late reply.
You should only see that with WSE weapons.
From my recall, they originate from the mission tempolate and itemkinds file that I built specifically for WSE.
If you don't use them, you won't see the red.
I think the only thing you need to do is pick the right items kinds from the patch.
I labelled it clearly as for WSE.
It should show the errors even if you have a flail if you don't use that file.
The normal itemkinds1  has turned off all the debut statements by default.

Sure, reply is appreciated at any time really! Yes I did note the flail WSE connection but I still didn't understand how could I eliminate this altogether. I did not use any files specifically for WSE. I installed regular files and then B Patch. What do you mean by 'pick right items kinds from the patch'?

Do I need to edit out flails as items for this error  to never show?

And what is this 'normal' itemkinds1 you mention?
Sorry if my questions come off as dumb but I don't see all this explained anywhere, maybe you made it clear in your previous posts and I didn't follow through, my bad if that's the case.

Good news is I started a new game and so far no red error! So maybe it's all good this time, anyway I won't report even if it happens again since it's already been noted multiple times.

I'll have to open up my other computer to see the files.
You should not be seeing anything if you are using the non-WSE exe and the non-WSE item kinds.

The main download for the Reworked mod has two item kinds files.
It also has an EXE file that is only meant for WSE players. The normal Steam/game exe will work if you aren't using WSE.
WSE helps with the flail and with several scripts I added for blunt weapon choice.
One of them is for WSE and one is not. I thought the one for WSE was labelled that way.
If it is causing the errors, use the other one.
It also helps me if I can know the error exactly and where it appeared.
You might be having another issue.

Alright, sorry for the late reply, had to test it out so I don't waste your time.
I've found the WSE files just like you said, didn't use them while installing, left them alone now too.

Great news! Seems I no longer have red errors! It's the 'B Patch' that solved it, I think.

I can finally play an up-to-date version of Brytenwalda - Reworked, battles are playable now!

Okay hope it's not too much as a final touch some new village scenes (new to Reworked) are very laggy as in I can hardly move without eyestrain. Yes my PC is very old but any other scenes/battles I get on highest detail with barely a stutter, so I guess something in some specific scenes is causing the unbearable lag. One example I'm sure of is the scene with the village fort with a couple of buidlings and a little watchtower also village's housing is outside along a river, as far as I remember.

In short, is there any way for me to revert some village scenes, or just replace them with generic ones from Brytenwalda 1.41 vanilla or even other mods? I realize this is in no way a bug or glitch but it's the last real obstacle to having a great time with the mod. So how do I identify what scenes are for what villages on the map and then replace them? What files would I need to play around with?

Anyway, you've already answered my important questions, so thank you again for all your work on the mod and being active as much as you can on the forums. Cheers!

Sorry for late reply and happy new year to all!

The village name I first encountered the laggy scene is Hysetun in East Engla. The graphical glitch also seemed to go along with a missing NPC, when I get a bounty quest in a village with that scene I can't seem to find the wanted man no matter how much I look or what part of day (I never try to look at night). All other villages I've been to seem to be okay and the wanted NPC is always there. Maybe I just really can't find the guy? Not a biggie but still annoying since it's inevitable to fail the quest or abandon it not due to gameplay reasons. It just seemed connected to new scenes, too.

Update to players. I'm planning on converting the mod to parallel VC.
There is too much activity over there and we can import their improvements as they develop.
I am working on something, but this will delay it about a month.
In the meantime, please contribute to VC.
GDWitt

Can you expand a bit on what you mean by parallel VC? Are you going to be making the mod on the VC code base so that this becomes a mod for VC rather than for Warband? If so I highly recommend starting from Tingyun's excellent VC Balance mod, as he's done a lot of work fixing vanilla bugs.

It depends on how much interest there is out there.
It would be easiest to just fix a couple of Brytenwalda bugs and leave the rest as a quaint feature.
My time is limited.
From what I'm told, if I use VC code, it will have to be restricted to those with a VC purchase.
Any other mods you prefer?

Does anyone have free time to contribute to the project?

I'm overcommitted as is :sad:

Whatever is easiest for you to maintain is what will be best for the mod. Ambition is best approached incrementally. I was just making the suggestion if you do decide to go down the VC code route, build off the Balance mod code to get the fixes to siege mechanics.

That is my understanding for VC mods as well. Hasn't stopped the one of the ASoIaF mods built on VC from building a big following.

I'm not aware of any other VC mods that did so many bugfixes as the Balance Mod, so that's my sole recommended VC mod. AFAIK most of the rest are troop balance or graphical mods, neither of which really help you much with porting.

Hi!

Love the idea of this rework, but when I extract the zip it says it can't extract the .wav-files. Any idea why? I'm on a Macbook pro. The fighting kinda sucks without sounds. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom