2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

That's great in dropbox. I have to go on another trip, so I am not sure when I'll be able to fix it.
But at least I'll verify what is going on.
Note to others: this may or may not happen in late game depending on choices you make before save games.

Alright. Finally I'm going to give this a try. Few questions while it's downloading though...

WSE is not required, right?
Bows, are they still useless as in normal BW?
And what are possibilities of breaking a quest chain, for example clearing the ruins before taking the quest at Hadrian's Wall (so, what should I avoid)?

WSE doesn't seem to be required, though it's possible running without it was the source of my bugs and I just didn't realize it. Only thing I noticed was missing animations on flails, but they were still usable, just tough to aim.

Bows are still not the way.

Yeah, I can see that. Tried bows out a bit, even with PD3 and best buyable bow, and standing still on my horse, I've been plinking 0 DMG headshots off Frankish raider helmets.

Anyway, more things. I noticed the possibility of additional training in the arena...got some questions about that. Is it repeatable, and what are benefits for each option?

And if I get it correctly...the hidden merchants have been changed, and mystic merchant removed, right? Just wondering where can I get best gear....

Bows have been an issue for most of warband.
Helm armor and bow standard damage haven't been modified other than a few elite bows being added.
Suggestions or other mods?

There is a new script for the arena. It is really meant for people who want to accelerate the game because it almost requires a money cheat but not quite.
It is infinitely repeatable.
I can fetch the script for you if you wish.
Benefits: You can improve every character trait or skill set via the arena trainer special training depending on what you pick.

Hidden merchants changed? They've modified significantly for about 1.2 years. I keep adjusting what they have in stock.
Instead of choosing from a text display they just show you their wares.

WSE is a script that is now only running for flails. I had it running in mission templates, but removed that to prevent battle issues for non users.
It shouldn't cause any save game corruption for not using it.

Mystic merchant was removed at some point, but I may have added them back in at a slower pace.
They were causing crashes in 2015-6, so it was easier to remove them.
If you want I can add them back in because they only harm games of people that play with them.

Best gear is from the missions and the special merchants.
The missions are loaded with better loot that can't be matched except by the special merchants who have different items.

Gdwitt have you found any solution for the bug I had with troops ignoring my orders and everyone being set to weird groups instead of infantry etc? Really hope you can, I'm dying to play again but it's just too broken. I'm so grateful you keep this mod running btw, I really dislike the VC feel.

I've been playing Repolished before, so my questions were in relation to that.

The hidden merchants have totally fixed inventories or do they refresh inventory like normal merchants?

The bows. You've mentioned some elite ones...where can I get those? I tried bows again, because I got decent PD from the training, and it doesn't work that bad. Especially against Dena pirates, who now have two-handed spears.

I might have added 1 elite spear to the Dena, but they still have their normal kit.
The hidden merchants all have different inventories of about 8 items each. It is fixed, but it refreshes every week.

Some bandit leaders have the elite bows. I believe 2 quests deliver them. They are also almost all in markets but for the quest bows.
I would search out the forest bandits of mid England and the southern bandit groups. Look for parties with a Bandit leader still active.
Looting skill really boosts your chance of getting it.

I wonder if something is messed up about my installation, some things are just weird. When checking items with Morgh's, I get errors at item 896, type mismatch. Some items seems to have only internal name, no proper display name, they were probably NPC only originally. A few seem messed up by the attempt to give them all blunt, for example Scian Long Bone, that shows only 22 blunt slash as possible attack. The quest 2H axes, Wooden Fury and Thunder, are switchable to 1H mode, but can't attack at all in it.

Ran into a few quest oddities as well...Hruntig quest did not allow me to challenge the guy in Caer Maung...whatever to duel, I just had to buy info off him....the whole quest, including grabbing the horn, was without fight. I id not recieve any reward for third part of the elder's quest line in that village, and the Iniau horn quest also ended weird...if I talk to the giver with the horn and give it to him, he takes the horn and gives no reward, and when I talk to him outside of town, it offers battle with him after giving him the horn.

Speaking of quests, was the Sacred Grove in Ireland tied into a quest, or is it still "pop in and pop the guy" kind?

The Dena raider stuff is result of the weird weapon modes for blunt. Their spears have two modes, no shield blunt, and regular, they seem to stick with no shield one, messing their AI.

Oh and bows. There are three types sold, then Dark Hunter which is exclusively Bandit Leader loot, identical to Long Bow but with masterwork modifier possible, Fire Bow that's reward only from the village elder quest chain, Eye-popping which is only loot from Weargs-which I can't find, and Composite bow...which is either unused or reward for quest that I did not find yet.

That's constructive. Very specific items I can easily fix.
I did add quite a few blunt weapons due to my desire to make the use blunts order more useful.
Were you using the blunt order?
I will have the examine the kit of troops that are acting strange.
They may be picking a weapon because the script is giving them an order and their weapon doesn't allow it.
Or the weapon needs aleration.
The more details I have  of armed encounters the easier it will be for me to test it.

Many weapons, including all the axes, have an alternate blunt form to facilitate the new alternate weapon trigger.

Hello guys,

I'm a long time Brytenwalda player and returned with this nice mod. Only thing that seems wrong is that enemies are backpeddling the whole time. Anyone else having this in their game?

Hmm. I have seen this but it is only occasional.
They have the new spear animations which may cause them to try to get a distance away.

Can you elaborate on what kind of troop is doing it?

Formation scripts can do this as well.
I recently added some scripts from Viking Conquest, but that might not be integrated appropriately.

I noticed on the Nexus that the latest version is v27, but the source files are from v23. I assume they wouldn't be compatible so is there somewhere I can go to get the v27 source?

There should be a menu feature to disable the complaining.
When they complain you choose the option about hanging deserters (or something like that).
Is it causing a bug?
I will add it to my to do list.

Fran-Krsto said:
Being the most up to date one, i assume this is the version to go for when i want to try Brytenwalda again after a long time?
If you want the same experience, you would choose the older version. That one takes at least 3 weeks of dedicated, non-stop playing.
If you want more dynamic quests, items and bigger rewards, this is the better version.
The visuals are about the same as Repolished in this version.
There is a change list througout this thread.
This one has shortened the time needed for success by 50%.
There are few more bugs than the Repolished/original version, but they can be worked around.
I hope to have a patch out in the next month or two.

Back
Top Bottom