Version number
e1.5.9.266.721
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

JaroX

Recruit
Summary: Me and my clansmen conquerred a town and the vote started. I was not among new owner nominees (probably have too many towns and castles compared to other clans in faction already, cant figure out other reasons...), so could not vote for myself, but noticed that the first potencial owner in the line had 20+20+20 influence making 33% of votes, while the ruler was giving 100 influence making it 33% of votes and the 3rd nominee was offering also 100 influence for 33% votes. 60 influence should not have same weight as 100 influence, so it is probably a bug.
How to Reproduce: Conquer a town/castle and if other clan leaders vote for you, the sum of the votes makes higher percentage of votes then it should.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
20210418-Bannerlord-Seonon-vote.jpg

Hello JaroX, we give specific values to these influence points spent on the votings. Let me explain in few words. 20 influence worths 1 value number while 60 influence worths 2 and 100 influence worths as a 3 value number. So in your case, Crotor, Nicasor, and Fafen influence votes worth 3 value but both Raganvad and Isvan used 100 influence which also worths 3 value number and that's why the results were all %33.

Hello JaroX, we give specific values to these influence points spent on the votings. Let me explain in few words. 20 influence worths 1 value number while 60 influence worths 2 and 100 influence worths as a 3 value number. So in your case, Crotor, Nicasor, and Fafen influence votes worth 3 value but both Raganvad and Isvan used 100 influence which also worths 3 value number and that's why the results were all %33.
Hello TheHusky, thank you for the explanation, but I dont see this to be logical :smile: Why would you do such thing? It just confuses the players and it seems even MArdA wasnt aware of this in-game mechanic, while taking/defending towns/castles is probably the core of the game.
Also, if the formula to calculate the 3 nominees for new fief vote
Bannerman Man was presenting, is correct, why would you include attributes like clan tier, total clan strength, powerty bonus, value of captured fief, total value of all clans fiefs in the formula? It would be much more understandable to give fiefs to clans that fought for them, clans that dont have any fief yet, clans that already have fief next to the one that has been captured. What I see in the game now, is that the nominees for the fief (that I captured and cant get) dont want to spend their influence to get it. Like Crotor has over 60 influence, but is willing to give only 20i to get that fief. I have 300i and would pay 100i for this fief, but I am not even nominated. I assemble army and take 4 fiefs in row, but I am not nominated to get any of them (and the 3 nominees are same). You guys really should rework these formulas, make them more straightforward and visible to players. I think, right now I am in a situation, that I can not get any fief that I capture, because I cant get to be nominated (I have like 15 fiefs, ruler has 10, others 2-3-4). I only can spend 200i to take the fief away from someone else and start a new vote, hope to be nominated and spend another 100i to try to win the vote. So I conquer a fief, Crotor gets it for 20i and I have to pay 300i to steal it from him. Its ridiculous really and I think it is not working as intended, or is it? The game is really good, but its the things like this that just dont make any sense and cause players to lose interest.

Last edited:
I've found in the past (almost always) if you have fiefs, including at least one town, and you aren't next to or close to the fief taken, you won't get nominated for it, period. My opinion is that if you were involved in the taking of it, particularly if you lead the army that took it, you should be considered for it. Clans without a fief should get it before you, those bordering it should get strong consideration, but you should at least deserve a nomination for taking it.

Hello TheHusky, thank you for the explanation, but I dont see this to be logical :smile: Why would you do such thing? It just confuses the players and it seems even MArdA wasnt aware of this in-game mechanic, while taking/defending towns/castles is probably the core of the game.
Also, if the formula to calculate the 3 nominees for new fief vote
Bannerman Man was presenting, is correct, why would you include attributes like clan tier, total clan strength, powerty bonus, value of captured fief, total value of all clans fiefs in the formula? It would be much more understandable to give fiefs to clans that fought for them, clans that dont have any fief yet, clans that already have fief next to the one that has been captured. What I see in the game now, is that the nominees for the fief (that I captured and cant get) dont want to spend their influence to get it. Like Crotor has over 60 influence, but is willing to give only 20i to get that fief. I have 300i and would pay 100i for this fief, but I am not even nominated. I assemble army and take 4 fiefs in row, but I am not nominated to get any of them (and the 3 nominees are same). You guys really should rework these formulas, make them more straightforward and visible to players. I think, right now I am in a situation, that I can not get any fief that I capture, because I cant get to be nominated (I have like 15 fiefs, ruler has 10, others 2-3-4). I only can spend 200i to take the fief away from someone else and start a new vote, hope to be nominated and spend another 100i to try to win the vote. So I conquer a fief, Crotor gets it for 20i and I have to pay 300i to steal it from him. Its ridiculous really and I think it is not working as intended, or is it? The game is really good, but its the things like this that just dont make any sense and cause players to lose interest.
I think mexxico said they will increase the amount of influence you can spend on things, but I don't remember if it was confirmed or just an idea.
But yeah I agree with everything you said. I don't join or create factions anymore because it's actually easier to just be a lone clan because you don't use the election/influence system at all. Just take what you want.

I think mexxico said they will increase the amount of influence you can spend on things, but I don't remember if it was confirmed or just an idea.
But yeah I agree with everything you said. I don't join or create factions anymore because it's actually easier to just be a lone clan because you don't use the election/influence system at all. Just take what you want.
Yes, it must be more easy and simple that way, but... I actually like the election/influence system, because it gives the game depth and complexity. Its like the political games in real-life. What I have problem with, is the absence of info on how the game works, based on what rules are nominees decided, 3*20i = 100i, merciful nobles raze villages to ground, kill villages and caravans, or when Sturgia won 1 town, 3 castles, imprisoned 1 Battanian king and 2 nobles, but should pay 600 coins/day to end war with Battania (that has no more fiefs nor coins to keep minor clans fighting for them) that is "winning" the war because it killed more civilians.

Thank you MArdA for the info, I will open a thread there too.

Last edited:
I've always found the peace 'negotiations' annoying and I think most players do. Not sure why Taleworlds doesn't change it to what the players want and to something that makes sense. If a kingdom is getting their ass handed to them they should be happy to get out of the war without having to pay anything (although without any holdings they wouldn't be able to pay anything, lol). Unless they are resurrected )occasionally, not immediately) as rebels, when they have no holdings they should go away. The only solution is to play the bad guy and execute the nobles, but I like to play as 'myself in a different time/setting' and I don't play as a bad guy.

Back
Top Bottom