SP - Economy 2 workshops on the same raw material should split income.

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch Light

Recruit
So i havn't played in a while and from what I know if there are 2 workshops using the same raw material/giving the same output it won't do anything. I got a brewery that I bought from a guy that owned 2 in the same city for some reason. The city has 2 villages near it that produce grain. I thought I would still make some money even though it would be less because of competion. Apparently I was wrong and I am making 0 denars even though the guy owner two and I had to pay like 11k for it. Kinda dumb. I think that the workshops should split income.

For example. Let's make a imaginary town right?
If you build any workshop there. It has a potential income of 1,000 denars per week. Right? So...
Blacksmith-1,000
Brewery-1,000
Tannery-1,000
Velvet weaver-1,000
Silversmith-1,000
Potteryshop-1,000

Now this is just a example town. I believe that the more expensive the material the more money a workshop should make because it is creating a expensive product. But I want to talk about potential income for now.

If I make a brewery in this town where I can make 1,000 from anything. For example. I would make 1,000. The total potential income I can have.

What happens if I make a second one?

Apparently it makes 0. I think that if you create a second workshop. It should be split. So 50/50. Both workshops would make 500 denars each. Now what happens if I make a third? It is further split. You then have 333 denars between all 3. Unless of course the devs want to make it produce 0. However my biggest problem is that you should be able to compete with NPC workshops without just producing 0 when you buy the workshop.

I'm not sure how this works currently. It should just cause double the production in that city, which would naturally make it less profitable. I'm not positive your brewery WASN'T doing anything as much as it just couldn't turn a profit with how much it pushed the price of Grain and dropped the price of Beer. That may have been what was going on during on patch, but I've seen Sanala with 2 breweries and they would have had to both be churning out beer with how much was always there and how cheap it always was

As long as the current stockpiles/influx of grain meets demand for both, and caravans carry it out, there's no reason for there to be any limiting factor. If supply and demand are sufficient to keep both workforces busy, then both can run at capacity.

Back
Top Bottom