2 handed nerf when??

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know if anyone else agrees but 2 handed classes are just stupidly OP atm.
Everytime when I join a skirmish there half of the players playing a 2 handed unit and
all you do with it is just hit then run away with your lightning speed movement.
I didnt feel like I needed to make a thread about this since I thought this was a obv thing
but judging by how many weeks it has been this way I guess it isnt.

I agree but aserai and vlandia inf is too weak atm. I spoke to NIN3 they will add a better axe to the Sergeant on Vlandia so that will be nice and they can nerf the 2h. On aserai I think 2h is okay and if they nerf it they must buff the tribal warrior.

I agree but aserai and vlandia inf is too weak atm. I spoke to NIN3 they will add a better axe to the Sergeant on Vlandia so that will be nice and they can nerf the 2h. On aserai I think 2h is okay and if they nerf it they must buff the tribal warrior.
Tribal warrior could use a bit of a buff either way. I do think Aserai 2h should get nerfed, lower the running speed a bit and reduce the speed of the great bardiche (2h speeds are just stupid in general).

Also, Sturgia great axe speed and Battania 2h speed also needs to be nerfed. Their reach combined with speed just make them a nuisance to fight against.

Last but not least, there are too many 1 hit kill opportunities in the game. Dying to something that does 100+ damage is generally just annoying as you get punished for 1 little mistake, couches should be one of the few ways to achieve that. (I advocate to reduce top speed of horses, straight line speed is quite a bit too high and high speed doesn't involve skill).

IMO, i feel like they could buff 1h instead of nerf 2h.

Perhaps it'd be worth it to allow for Targes, Sturgian Round Shields and Khuzait Cavalry Shields to deal extra blunt damage on bash. (3-5 instead of the usual 2-3, perhaps?) Bash attacks can only be blocked with a shield, and i feel like that should be a weakness that should be easier to exploit, so as to allow shields with poor coverage to fulfill their own niche.

If there are some things i'd change directly, I'd actually nerf the Savage just a smidge more than anything:

Falx replaced with Rhomphalia
Rhomphalia replaced with Heavy Falx.

Reason: Improved Armor is way too good, since you're letting a 110 cost unit spawn with probably the best bastard sword in the game, with the perk weapons being more or less a downgrade. If players allow a Savage with Improved Armor to steal a shield from a dead player, he suddenly becomes a more versatile unit since the Falx is still pretty darn fast even as a one-handed weapon. I think making the Rhomphalia a base weapon would now attach a downside to the Falx, in that you'd be extremely fragile should you pick one of the most flexible weapons in the game. However, having almost no armor whatsoever might still seem too harsh for some so i guess it might be necessary to bring back the Heavy Falx (was originally on the Fiann many many patches ago)

Last edited:
IMO, i feel like they could buff 1h instead of nerf 2h.

Perhaps it'd be worth it to allow for Targes, Sturgian Round Shields and Khuzait Cavalry Shields to deal extra blunt damage on bash. (3-5 instead of the usual 2-3, perhaps?) Bash attacks can only be blocked with a shield, and i feel like that should be a weakness that should be easier to exploit, so as to allow shields with poor coverage to fulfill their own niche.

If there are some things i'd change directly, I'd actually nerf the Savage just a smidge more than anything:

Falx replaced with Rhomphalia
Rhomphalia replaced with Heavy Falx.

Reason: Improved Armor is way too good, since you're letting a 110 cost unit spawn with probably the best bastard sword in the game, with the perk weapons being more or less a downgrade. If players allow a Savage with Improved Armor to steal a shield from a dead player, he suddenly becomes a more versatile unit since the Falx is still pretty darn fast even as a one-handed weapon. I think making the Rhomphalia a base weapon would now attach a downside to the Falx, in that you'd be extremely fragile should you pick one of the most flexible weapons in the game. However, having almost no armor whatsoever might still seem too harsh for some so i guess it might be necessary to bring back the Heavy Falx (was originally on the Fiann many many patches ago)
Lol, 2h weapons are totally not insanely fast.

Nerf speed and change the damage range of 2h, 1h are mostly fine atm.

I think that 2handers are meant to be better than 1h+shield in melee. Comes with the downside of being vulnerable to projectiles.
Currently they are overly represented in TDM and maybe Siege but I think that will be dealt with as soon as TW manages to enable friendly fire in these modes.

Yes, they need a nerf, the current meta is heavily towards 2handed weapons. On the other hand, I hope hammers will stay the same - slow attacks, higher risks in group & mellee fights with the potential crush throughs - just to be able to kill a rider & the horse in 1 hit :grin:

Lol, 2h weapons are totally not insanely fast.

Nerf speed and change the damage range of 2h, 1h are mostly fine atm.
Personally, i think that the speed of 2H weapons is in a pretty good place. You have to remember that even if you block in the wrong direction with a shield, it will still count, although your shield will take more damage than normal.

Reducing the speed of 2H weapons would ensure that there is absolutely no reason to run a two-handed weapon if one-handed swords are just as fast as 2H. One-handed weapons are a hit and miss on the other hand, with some weapons clearly being better than others.

Pugio can actually out-slash most 2handers, though it's reach can best be described as "punch plus"
See my previous point about one-handed falxes
Aserai light mace, Highland Club and Khuzait Heavy Mace are probably the best blunt weapons in the game
Sturgian Warrior's Raider Axe seems to be a decent pick all around if you ignore Sturgia's other weaknesses

With those in mind, i feel like buffing one-handed weapons will be a more productive venture than nerfing 2-handed weapons. This would still allow 2-handed weapons to keep their speed advantage, though giving 1h weapons more options to approach a fight will allow a shieldbearer to exploit possible weaknesses

Personally, i think that the speed of 2H weapons is in a pretty good place. You have to remember that even if you block in the wrong direction with a shield, it will still count, although your shield will take more damage than normal.

Reducing the speed of 2H weapons would ensure that there is absolutely no reason to run a two-handed weapon if one-handed swords are just as fast as 2H. One-handed weapons are a hit and miss on the other hand, with some weapons clearly being better than others.

Pugio can actually out-slash most 2handers, though it's reach can best be described as "punch plus"
See my previous point about one-handed falxes
Aserai light mace, Highland Club and Khuzait Heavy Mace are probably the best blunt weapons in the game
Sturgian Warrior's Raider Axe seems to be a decent pick all around if you ignore Sturgia's other weaknesses

With those in mind, i feel like buffing one-handed weapons will be a more productive venture than nerfing 2-handed weapons. This would still allow 2-handed weapons to keep their speed advantage, though giving 1h weapons more options to approach a fight will allow a shieldbearer to exploit possible weaknesses
do you have any idea what you are talking about? you can nerf 20% of 2h movement speed and swing speed and tdm will still fill 70% of them, for noob it's the dmg set it apart.

"You have to remember that even if you block in the wrong direction with a shield, it will still count, although your shield will take more damage than normal." this is not true, at least from certain level, in higher level team fight. more than half of the shield fight your hit is land in angle that shield is not covered where 2hand can just dance away without getting punish.

and don't talk about buff one hand weapon like you have any idea what that means. to what degree you consider a buff? what degree of stats change is relevant at all?

Last edited:
I think that 2handers are meant to be better than 1h+shield in melee. Comes with the downside of being vulnerable to projectiles.
Currently they are overly represented in TDM and maybe Siege but I think that will be dealt with as soon as TW manages to enable friendly fire in these modes.
This. 2handers are supossed to be weak in groupfights beacuse of the risk of hitting your own teammates while swinging blindly. With no friendly fire you can just go in attacking without a care for timing or teamplay and get rewarded.

Well, it's cause there is no turncap and the weapon is as fast as you swing your mouse into the hit.

Either they fix the turncap by simply adding it, or they introduice a close-up bodyblock system for two-handers, wich makes a two-hander useless in close melee. But hey, that will involve going beyond number tweaking I guess.

-Movement speed reduction, either by flat nerf or by relative buff of shield users
-Increase cost in Skirmish
-Something in the stance that 2h use improve their attack reset relative to 1h; improve attack reset for 1h or nerf it for 2h

Back
Top Bottom