2 handed mauls need knockdown or bashthrough to be viable(the spiky and wooden one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomgreen

Recruit
Compared to the other 2 handers they are incredibly shorter and slower and they don't really out damage the axes not even versus armor most the time because of it. They are so easy to read any player will not get hit by them because of range/speed. In Warband they had a chance to hit through blocks and knockdown players on hits. They could make them do a % of damage through shields as a compromise new idea because a giant maul hitting your shield would break your arm back in the day. For example they could hit the shield for 50 dmg and do 15 damage through the shield to the user. Or they could just do extra damage versus shields like axes do because lets be honest a giant maul would mess a shield up. And or they could also ontop of that have a chance to knockdown players on damage dealt like Warband.

I think at least one of these 4 options needs to be added or else whats the point of them. Bashthrough block(Warband), KnockdownOnDamage(warband), %DmgThroughShields, ExtraDmgVsShields. Even then they wont touch a good player ever without bashthrough block so at least give them more damage. Any other ideas to make them viable welcome below.

It should knock the weapon out of someone's hand if they try and block it lol. Imagine a small 1h sword trying to parry a large spiked club. Any one of these suggestions could make club/mauls useful.

I mean at the very minimum they should do way more damage if they are going to stay so short and slow and easily blockable. Most time when I land a hit with them I get around 40 damage when the great axe would do just the same if not more.

Back
Top Bottom