1st St. Petersburg Narodnoe Opolcheniye Regiment *New Commander*

Alright, reeeeeestaaaaaaaaaaart (on Saturday)

• 21:00 EST

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earlier than 21:00

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Later than 21:00

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey quick question here:

While reading the agreement, I became a little confuzzled.

Essentially your taking another regiments recruits, training them up, and then sending them away in a trade for new new recruits?

That is the most epic idea I have ever heard of.

Where and when do I sign? Its a pain in the ass to teach a quadruple rank column to a newbie, let alone 12 of them.

I didn't understand it, either. Where does "new new recruits" come from? Do you keep some of the conscripts who are willing to stay with you?

LtSpearing said:
Essentially your taking another regiments recruits, training them up, and then sending them away in a trade for new new recruits?

Where and when do I sign? Its a pain in the ass to teach a quadruple rank column to a newbie, let alone 12 of them.

Yes, that is the basic idea. Take in recruits from other regiments, which benefits us with bulk of numbers, train them, use them on the battlefield once or twice, then return them to the original regiment.

Merely copy the Pact, read it over, then sign at the bottom in the aforementioned font. Then just send me your roster of new recruits to me via PM, you inform the new recruits of their temporary transfer, I add them to the conscript roster, and wallah. The first part of administrative work is through, and the training begins.

*EDIT*

Jansay said:
I didn't understand it, either. Where does "new new recruits" come from? Do you keep some of the conscripts who are willing to stay with you?

Basically, we take the first batch of recruits from the regiment, train them, use them on the battlefield, then return them to you. If you have acquired any new recruits in the time the training takes place, I will not accept any new pupils until the current batch is trained and battle-tested. After that happens, I admit the next batch of recruits, should you have enlisted any into your regiment.

If some of the conscripts choose to volunteer as full time members of the regiment, I'll talk to their former regiment leader and see if that is acceptable. If not, we'll work something out.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
LtSpearing said:

Yes, that is the basic idea. Take in recruits from other regiments, which benefits us with bulk of numbers, train them, use them on the battlefield once or twice, then return them to the original regiment.

Merely copy the Pact, read it over, then sign at the bottom in the aforementioned font. Then just send me your roster of new recruits to me via PM, you inform the new recruits of their temporary transfer, I add them to the conscript roster, and wallah. The first part of administrative work is through, and the training begins.

*EDIT*

Jansay said:

Basically, we take the first batch of recruits from the regiment, train them, use them on the battlefield, then return them to you. If you have acquired any new recruits in the time the training takes place, I will not accept any new pupils until the current batch is trained and battle-tested. After that happens, I admit the next batch of recruits, should you have enlisted any into your regiment.

If some of the conscripts choose to volunteer as full time members of the regiment, I'll talk to their former regiment leader and see if that is acceptable. If not, we'll work something out.

There are some flaws in that, first, if the Regiment Leader, who hands u over his men, you train them the way you do, then when the leader gets em back, he teaches them things that you didnt do, or he dosnt do what you like. 2nd, possibility of you just taking the recruits would probably be high, after them taking considerable time spending it with you

I guess the good thing would be, you mixing all the Russian Army recruits together so, they form a bond with other regiments

We're militia. Our tactic is to march forward until we can stick a pitchfork in your stomach! :razz: Thats what the whole "Strenght in numbers" is about, human waves! If youre lucky you can get half of us, but by then we will be on your skin, hacking away with hatchets :grin:

We wont train anything too hard, only the basic marching, volleyfiring and such. No squares, doublelines (Not sure) and such sophisticated tactics.

There aren't much differences between training methods, Lackay. Also regiment commanders can give the Russian Generals a list for what he wants his recruits to know.

So, nice idea indeed. And I don't think you have to consult with the regiment commander at all, you just need to inform him. It's volunteer's choice. :wink:

Edit: Well, that sounds a little inadequate, Temuzu. :smile:

Nah :razz: Im not sure how the militia will be armed, but in real life they were gives pitchforks and such, muskets had to be looted from dead enemies, or friends. Though at the time the war ended they had plenty muskets :smile:

Jansay said:
There aren't much differences between training methods, Lackay. Also regiment commanders can give the Russian Generals a list for what he wants his recruits to know.

Or we could figure out some sort of standardized training which we will give everyone and inform the regimental leaders. That way, we don't have to teach every conscript something different. The reg. leaders can fill in the rest.
I also take it that the Conscript Pact isn't exclusive to the Imperial Russian Army (lol, IRA)?

Lackay said:
There are some flaws in that, first, if the Regiment Leader, who hands u over his men, you train them the way you do, then when the leader gets em back, he teaches them things that you didnt do, or he dosnt do what you like. 2nd, possibility of you just taking the recruits would probably be high, after them taking considerable time spending it with you

I guess the good thing would be, you mixing all the Russian Army recruits together so, they form a bond with other regiments

The training is rather standardized for regiments; moving in formation, formation firing, firing patterns and hand-to-hand combat, and of course following orders and command protocol... the general stuff is the most important, you understand. We have also divided the conscript groups into foot and horse platoons, so they can learn their respective skills, each with their own commander. If there is something I train that he deems irrelevant to his unit's needs? Then he simply lets the trainees forget it when they return to their regiment. Something they didn't learn that the regiment leader deems critical? He can inform me, and I can induct it into the training regimen, if it is crucial enough. He can then train the old batch the skill himself.

And by my honor, I wouldn't "take" conscripts. That would be breaking the Pact, thus essentially voiding the agreement for new conscripts, which is basically the main part of my regiment. If there are people who wish to join the Opolcheniye as full time volunteers, as I said, I'd talk to their regiment commanders first to acquire their permission to cede troops. If they decline, then I simply deny the prospective volunteer's request, and they can return to their regiment. If they decide not to rejoin the regiment, for whatever reason, well, it's out of my hands.  :wink:

StGene said:
I also take it that the Conscript Pact isn't exclusive to the Imperial Russian Army (lol, IRA)?

Yeah, Temuzu and I decided to expand to other armies as well. If the conscript flow becomes too much, however, we'll cut out foreign signers of the Pact.

*EDIT*

Good news, everyone!

We have a Steam Group!  :grin:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/1stOpolcheniye

All members are encouraged to join if they have a Steam account.

Well, simply that's what I meant. It's not in neither of the regiments' control, recruit joins whichever he like.

But I still couldn't see your outcome from this action. Those volunteers are as good as anybody, they just get a little taste of your regiment, which is not that big of a deal. Why bother, then? If you're just doing a favor for all other regiments, then I'm impressed, good sir. :grin:

Jansay said:
Well, simply that's what I meant. It's not in neither of the regiments' control, recruit joins whichever he like.

But I still couldn't see your outcome from this action. Those volunteers are as good as anybody, they just get a little taste of your regiment, which is not that big of a deal. Why bother, then? If you're just doing a favor for all other regiments, then I'm impressed, good sir. :grin:

I'd rather not sour relations with the signers of the Pact, you know? Conscripts are the life and blood of the Opolcheniye, even if the volunteers are the core.

I'm sorry, what's that got to do with anything?

I suppose I couldn't explain myself. Let me try again: volunteers (people who trained by you and wished to stay with you) are as good as any player who'll sign up for this regiment (they both like you and sign up). So you wouldn't increase your chances of recruiting new faces, am I right? So, what's in it for you? Happy faces of satisfied regiment commanders? :smile:

I'm sorry this argument has gone a bit far; I'm just trying to understand your system here.

Jansay said:
I suppose I couldn't explain myself. Let me try again: volunteers (people who trained by you and wished to stay with you) are as good as any player who'll sign up for this regiment (they both like you and sign up). So you wouldn't increase your chances of recruiting new faces, am I right? So, what's in it for you? Happy faces of satisfied regiment commanders? :smile:

I'm still a little confused, I'm afraid. Are you asking why I rely primarily on conscripts to populate my regiment, and not solely volunteers? Conscripts are primarily here for the numbers in a campaign battle, due to the fact that you have around a 1 in 5 chance of getting a musket as the Opolcheniye. Also, recruitment of volunteers is rather slow and gradual, and somewhat prone to defection to other regiments, while you can receive conscripts in batches of men. There's not much you can do when the vast majority of your men are armed with melee weapons, whatever their training. So what's in it for me is bulk in numbers, so the Opolcheniye can be a effective unit in battle, even if we are lacking in number of weapons.

Does that answer your question? If not, we can just continue this in PMs.  :wink:

Oh my God! You guys are serious about pitchforks and hatches. :grin: So you'll use the conscripts as a boost for the time being, like sort of mercenary. That's so awesome. :grin: Damn good idea, man, damn good idea...

And yes, thanks a lot. :wink:

Jansay said:
Oh my God! You guys are serious about pitchforks and hatches. :grin: So you'll use the conscripts as a boost for the time being, like sort of mercenary. That's so awesome. :grin: Damn good idea, man, damn good idea...

And yes, thanks a lot. :wink:

Yes, essentially. And I'm glad you like the idea; Temuzu came up with it, which is why he is co-commander right now.  :razz:

What I have a problem with is...

Is that once a newbie joins a regiment, he tends to get imprinted by it and sticks with whatever regiment trains him. Im afraid that every new recruit I send your way will stay your recruit.

Edit:

What procedures do you train them on? Is this kinda like "We teach you how to lineup, fire, than your on your own" kinda gig or is it like "WE TEACH YOU ELITEZORZ FORMATIONS LIKE SQUARE, COLUMN ATTACK, LINE MARCH, WHEEL LEFT, RIGHT, BACKWARDS, HOW TO QUICKFIRE, RIPPLE FIRE, HOW TO FORM 3 RANKS, 4 RANKS, ETC"

Or do we just give you a list of formations, and you tell em how to follow the order when given?

Truly? I was with the 1st Grenadiers before and during Waterloo, and right when the training and battle was through, it completely collapsed. Had to be reformed by a completely different team. So it may or may not be the exception to the rule, but... I'm confident that as long as you talk to the recruits beforehand, they'll be loyal to the regiment that initially recruited them. If that isn't the case and the majority of conscripts apply for volunteership, I'll just transfer the recruits to you directly, and do whatever I can to convince them to rejoin their regiments. The only tangible thing that connects them to the regiment is a abbreviated tag on their name, a roster on the forum, and a membership on the Steam group. I can easily take them out of two of them.

*EDIT*

The training is standardized and discipline will be vigorously enforced. Chat is strictly reserved for officers, who then relay the commands directly to the troops by Teamspeak. Tomfoolery is met with a warning the first time, a gunshot the second. Any extra formations or commands you want taught can be forwarded to me for the training, which I will then implement into the list and have the conscripts perform. We'll try and teach them everything they'll need in regards to formations and deployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom