1st Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment [recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

1st Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment

Hello! This is a regiment for the North and South mod

History

The 1st Regiment infantry was organized originally at Fort Snelling in St. Paul, MN. The regiment mustered on April 29th, 1861. Here, they were stationed and trained for 3 months before the individual companies of the regiment were separated across the nation.

The 1st Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment mustered for a three-year term (1861-1864) in the Union Army at the outset of the American Civil War when the prevailing enlistment period was three months. During offensive movements, it sustained high percentages of casualties at the Battles of First Bull Run (20%) and Antietam (28%) and a catastrophic 82% at the Battle of Gettysburg. It is most noted for its service on the second day at Gettysburg.

At a pivotal moment in the 1863 struggle at Gettysburg, Major General Winfield Scott Hancock, commander of II Corps, ordered the First Minnesota to charge into a situation where it would be outnumbered by at least 5 to 1. The general's purpose was to buy minutes of delay with human lives, and one survivor spoke afterward that he expected the advance to result in "death or wounds to [every single one of the attackers]." The regiment fully and instantly obeyed the order, suffering at least 82% casualties among those making the attack; this action contributed significantly to the preservation of a key Union defensive position on the heights of Cemetery Ridge.

When given the opportunity to speak about the regiment after the war, both General Hancock and U.S. President Calvin Coolidge were unrestrained in their praise. Hancock placed its heroism highest in the known annals of war and ascribed unsurpassed gallantry to the famed attack. Emphasizing the critical nature of the circumstances on July 2 at Gettysburg, President Coolidge considered, "Colonel Colvill and those eight companies of the First Minnesota are entitled to rank as the saviors of their country."

1st Minnesota Vol. Rules

1. Don't be an idiot, or I'm going to shoot you or other things will happen.
2. Listen to your Officers and follow Line Battle rules
3. You can join events and leave them at will, I'm going to go with or without you.
4. No talking when Commanders are talking, and especially no backtalking to NCO's and CO's.

And a little side note the Regiment is a little strict you know following orders and all that jazz, but most of the time this regiment is just out to have fun and mess around but not too much messing around we have to look good in front of the other Regiments you know.

If you would like to join, add me on Steam, Commander Omega its same thing in steam, but if you have any other information you would like to ask me you can. 

Back
Top Bottom