1st Foot Guards

Users who are viewing this thread

MaccaUK said:
I'm assuming this is a Swedish or Polish Foot Guard Regt.?

Good luck. :smile:

We are actually a Prussian regiment! We are aware that there is no Prussian faction but for now the German infantry will do :smile:

As a regiment from the Prussian estates you'd fight, historically, on the side of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Duchy of Prussia lay outside of the Holy Roman Empire but was ruled by Brandenburg. During the Second Northern War, which is when the Deluge takes place, Frederick William I of Brandenburg-Prussia entered into an agreement with the Polish king to supply a large number of men to fight against Sweden, including 1,500 infantry from the Prussian estates. It wasn't until the 1660s onwards that Prussia started to gain power and to forge it's own path. In 1701 Prussia was elevated to be a Kingdom under Frederick III.

Unless, of course, you decided to be a group of Prussians who don't like Poland and instead choose to fight for Sweden.

rapier17 said:
As a regiment from the Prussian estates you'd fight, historically, on the side of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Duchy of Prussia lay outside of the Holy Roman Empire but was ruled by Brandenburg. During the Second Northern War, which is when the Deluge takes place, Frederick William I of Brandenburg-Prussia entered into an agreement with the Polish king to supply a large number of men to fight against Sweden, including 1,500 infantry from the Prussian estates. It wasn't until the 1660s onwards that Prussia started to gain power and to forge it's own path. In 1701 Prussia was elevated to be a Kingdom under Frederick III.

Unless, of course, you decided to be a group of Prussians who don't like Poland and instead choose to fight for Sweden.
You sure do know your history. :wink:

Can't the game be also based around the battle of warsaw, 1656, when Brandenburg fought togethter with Sweden? Back then the Prussians already fought with their Duke (The Kurfürst auf Brandenburg) against their Polish King. Poland and Brandenburg-Prussia fought together after theagreement of Wehlau, 1657. So on wich side they fight,  depends on the year being played

Back
Top Bottom