1866 - v0.9.1

Users who are viewing this thread

TMAN78 said:
Ye theres not going to be another updade for this version on Vinnila M&B, the next updade (IF)  will be porting this mod to warband. but he is workin on a star wars mod, (I hate star wars..)
:shock: :shock: (in Return  Of The Sith Darth Vader voice:smile:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

There is already a Star Wars Mod that works fine! Leave it alone!!!!!!!

You know, I'll probably get a few nasty glares for this, but I don't really care about the creators of this mod porting it to Warband. Yes, Warband basically improved everything from the original M&B, but the fact that these guys have worked so hard to create and tweak this mod (and for all we know, are still working hard to perfect it  :wink:) and are giving it to us free of charge is simply awesome, and people should appreciate that (many already do, I know). I wish that a lot of the people who post in every topic, "When is this coming to Warband?" would instead provide some constructive feedback or just instigate a nice discussion for the board. Perhaps I'm taking it too far, but a lot of people have worked very hard to give us a superb game free of charge, and it's annoying to read all the moaning that the mod is for the original.

/2¢

nalmighty said:
i want this on warband so much !

Regular mount and blade was like 10 euros on steam (maybe it still is)...

Where I live that is about 5 beers, or 2 beers and a pack of cigarettes, definitely not expensive now.

crypto dentist said:
You know, I'll probably get a few nasty glares for this, but I don't really care about the creators of this mod porting it to Warband. Yes, Warband basically improved everything from the original M&B, but the fact that these guys have worked so hard to create and tweak this mod (and for all we know, are still working hard to perfect it  :wink:) and are giving it to us free of charge is simply awesome, and people should appreciate that (many already do, I know). I wish that a lot of the people who post in every topic, "When is this coming to Warband?" would instead provide some constructive feedback or just instigate a nice discussion for the board. Perhaps I'm taking it too far, but a lot of people have worked very hard to give us a superb game free of charge, and it's annoying to read all the moaning that the mod is for the original.

/2¢
:grin: * APPLAUSE*

Exactly. I suggest that everyone who likes this mod just throw $5.00 to the creator. It is WELL worth it, and all we really want to see is that this mod realizes its full potential in its current version. At least treat it like a game you rented from a video store. The reason why I got Mount & Blade 2 years ago was because I wanted a good mideval game that WAS NOT ONLINE, MULTI-PLAYER BASED, so much as the current generation's main gaming trend. I give a hoot about how great or popular Warband is. I just want to see the custom quests that were started in this mod be completed!! And maybe a few more quests, and towns.

tkobylecky said:
crypto dentist said:
-snip-
/2¢

Exactly. I suggest that everyone who likes this mod just throw $5.00 to the creator. It is WELL worth it, and all we really want to see is that this mod realizes its full potential in its current version. At least treat it like a game you rented from a video store. The reason why I got Mount & Blade 2 years ago was because I wanted a good mideval game that WAS NOT ONLINE, MULTI-PLAYER BASED, so much as the current generation's main gaming trend. I give a hoot about how great or popular Warband is. I just want to see the custom quests that were started in this mod be completed!! And maybe a few more quests, and towns.

i wish i could :razz:

tkobylecky said:
crypto dentist said:

/2¢

Well, I was actually the first one, I think to say that, and many other things, that actually got released, and I sent a PM to Highlander loooong time ago:
GABRILDURO said:
Hi Highlander,
i'm from Italy and very found of M&B.
I just found out I can send Personal mails through here.
Hope it doesn't bother you I throw to you some writing I did months ago and never had an answer.......I understand you are probably very busy.

I really think you did a great job with 1866.
Also with GUNS, ANIMATIONS, SOUNDS, ENVIROMENT ETC ETC.
I think you'd deserve to be paid for the HUGE job you have done!!!!!
Actually i'm proposing now to start a donation or something like that for you and in general all good modders (like the other guy of the great China battlefield), like.....1 us$ per person (see how many downloads you had!!), i.e. could become even a business for you and a source of GREAT mods for all of us!! I am serious,
you guys are too good and you are THE REAL REASON OF M&B SUCCESS!!

I'd like to ask you some more things and hope you could make them (PLEEEEEASE):

-new 1866 version for WB...I love kicking, shoot&melee guns and other features of WB and the great graphic. Plus I noticed many new items you created for only multiplayer.
-Improve missions like surching more than 1 man in the villages or towns (they can also hide and shoot at you when you enter the location, even in towns and castles) or the great train mission over a steage coach (like John Wayne in 1939!!) or leading Pioneers, Cows, Horses in a REAL MAP, from point A to point B, going through woods, rivers, hills, while
fighting Indians, bandits or enemies, loosing the least lives/animals you can.
What about locations like Mines, Canyons, Graveyard or HUMAN ghost Towns more often in the map? And use items for extrcting gold? And start a farmer activity,? Why dont you make a big standalone map
like Your Crazy Bill but PLAYABLE in real time with locations like in Gun Activision with
1 town, 1 or 2 villages, 1 or 2 indian villages, 2 farm locations where you could start a farmer activity?
-Characters from movies and comics to impersonate (Lone ranger, Bonanza, having your own DOG like Rintintin or Lassie and own horse you can call whisseling or make attack with orders,etc)
-Civil war battles (good battle structures from russia 1917) with usable cannons, gatling and ships. Even for multiplayer you could just do CS army using USA textures but grey....by the way why i can only make USA bots? I dont have good internet connection so I usually make my own local battles but only USA can be BOTS-
-Hunting locations with buffalos. deers but also wild animals like wolves, coguars, and you'll never know when you enter these hunting locations what you are going to face(even Indians and bandits or enemies ambushing...!) . Just put a Hunting Location Sign....enter at your own risk!!!
-beeing able to hide from enemies and more rocks bushes, hiding things. i dont like for enemies or beasts to always be able to find you in towns or wilderness. For this reason would be nice to be able to lay down (see China Btlfield)
-saloon fights with guns and hand to hand combacts (fists and kicks) with breackeble items (tables, chairs)
-Last but not Least an Old Frontier Mod in the 1700's, between The Last of the Mohincans period and Indipendence war....You can work on the 1011 m&b Liberty or death MOD and put the "fitting" items and textures there.....SUPER PLEEEEASE, I LOVE THIS PERIOD OF FREEDOM AND ENTHUSIASM-

I am 45 Years old and have two kids, both found of M&B.
In their name thank you for your clean and not nasty mods...I love i.e. The Wedding dance....but what is the purpose of so many nasty contents?!?!
Keep going with your great job and THANK YOU A LOT FOR GIVING TO ALL OF US DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS OF GREAT ENJOYMENT! FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR SUGGESTIONS 
P.S. ooooh, and what about your old great 300 and Paleolitic mods ported and improved to WB???? ...Yes we played also them a lot

Actually, lately I am on my last project 1860s Old America, and ppl keep on suggesting me to ask for help to 1866 creators
von Afton said:
ask the 1866 team for help maby you will huummyes
I did already for 1755 Old frontier, in the past, and my Teammate Crumbs as well, but got a negative answer.... :cry:
But ok,  so many ppl are suggesting me lately to do it...sooo, I am writing a post to Highlander and Co. now.....wish me good luck, though... :oops:
Gab :wink:

So, dear developers of 1866, this Great and Unique western Mod, I officially ask you if I could use some of your creations (even few of anything you decide to let me use) since you have great:
Animations
Scene Items
Items
Uniforms
Weapons
Sky box
Sounds
etc etc.....
Please just answer yes or no, or just a list of things that I can use.
Thank you very much, and in any case, besides your positive or negative answer, best compliments always for your masterpiece ....from one of the oldest (in all senses) of your supporters!!!!  :grin:
Gabby

i recently downloaded the mod and its awesome, only problem im having is when it randomly crashes before or durring a battle, I have the battlesize changer mod so im wondering if that would cause the crashes, I have it set to 401. problem solved it was the battlesize, turned it down to 152.

Braindawg said:
i recently downloaded the mod and its awesome, only problem im having is when it randomly crashes before or durring a battle, I have the battlesize changer mod so im wondering if that would cause the crashes, I have it set to 401. problem solved it was the battlesize, turned it down to 152.
Were you able to finish at least one fight with so many soldiers without crash? Fight with 400 people on battle-map is worth trying!

Braindawg said:
mine likes to crash at 200, and this is the only mod that crashes at that number  :sad:

Great job on this mod! I originally only had warband and WFAS, but I went and bought the original game just to play your mod. Best western I've seen, can't wait for further updates. I'm a history and firearms buff, so I really appreciate the detail and variety of weaponry. I'd love to see some different holsters too depending on the sidearm you equip.

i downloaded and installed version 9.1 and at the main menu it says i play version 1.003 is that normal?
CptAlgren

would be great to have the signal "charge" from a bugler when attacking (hope this translation gets it the right way...), this would be cav only, but add atmosphere.
have found the sound as mp3, if i manage to convert to .wav, how can i get this into the spoken "charge!"?
so you would first have the order then the signal. is this possible?

anyway the best mod i have found so far!!(!!!)

greetings

Jolie

Quickdraw said:
Since almost whole USA is located in Texas in this mod,I think that it would be great if,besides Vigilantes,there were groups of Texas Rangers (there were many of them in TX days of the Old West).It would be really great,especially if you make them less common than Vigilantes,but also more powerful.

If I'm correct,there is a small piece of Tennessee because one city has the Tennessee state flag.

Smissen said:
Quickdraw said:
Since almost whole USA is located in Texas in this mod,I think that it would be great if,besides Vigilantes,there were groups of Texas Rangers (there were many of them in TX days of the Old West).It would be really great,especially if you make them less common than Vigilantes,but also more powerful.

If I'm correct,there is a small piece of Tennessee because one city has the Tennessee state flag.
I doubt it, Tennessee should be the East,but I don't know about the flag though.

Back
Top Bottom