1866 - Help Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone!

We hope you are enjoying 1866 for what it is so far.  Many people have noted that it is quite fun now, but that there are still some obvious problems to be fixed.  We completely agree.  :wink: 

We are doing our best to make 1866 great, but we can always use help from skilled members of the community to make it even better.
If you think you would be able to help us out in any way, please post a response in this thread and we will contact you if your help is currently needed.

We are currently in need of:
  • Scene Builders!!!
  • Modelers
  • Animators
  • Map Builders
  • Experienced Scripters
  • Voice Actors
  • Musicians/Composers

We are also requesting models in the following categories:
  • US Settler Women's Clothing
  • Mexican Women's Clothing
  • Native American Women's Clothing (must fit Apache and/or Comanche tribes)
  • US Settler Men's Clothing
  • Mexican Men's Clothing
  • Native American Men's Clothing (must fit Apache and/or Comanche tribes)
  • Rifle Scabbards
  • Southwestern Wildlife models (Buffalo, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Pronghorn Antelope)
  • Cactii and other southwestern flora

We are also requesting scenes in the following categories:
  • World Map Encounter Battles
  • Quick Battles

Can't mod but still want to help?
Why not try gathering some media? (Please post whatever you find in a separate thread.)
  • Music
  • Artwork - loading screens

Please keep in mind that everything in the mod must fit the time (1866) and the locale (Southwest United States - Roughly the border area of Mexico, Texas, and New Mexico).  No Anachronisms!

It is very important to keep in mind copyright laws. We either require explicit permission (or an expired copyright) on everything we use. As a general rule....
Wikipedia says: In most of the world, the default length of copyright is the life of the author plus either 50 or 70 years. In the United States, the term for most existing works is a fixed number of years after the date of creation or publication.

Remember to use your imagination. If you see something missing from the mod, think about how it can be added, and how you can help do it!

Thank you to everyone in advance for your help,

The 1866 Team

I can edit scenes, just not add them.
so, I can do that. . .
I also did some work for the SWC Custom battle scenes, I used the invisible AI barriers to control the flow of the soldiers in to bottlenecks, in gates etc. . .

kavien said:
I can edit scenes, just not add them.
so, I can do that. . .
I also did some work for the SWC Custom battle scenes, I used the invisible AI barriers to control the flow of the soldiers in to bottlenecks, in gates etc. . .

custom battle scenes are higher priority. Because we don't have enough. Though any positive edit to the existing town/village scenes are also welcome.

Corndawg said:
I'll be a voice actor if ya need me for it.

voice actors are welcome, YM will lead you. What's your native lang?

Okay, okay.

Do you need towns or villages, there are some villages that aren't 'western' per se, want me to do those?
'cause I already did.

insomniac said:
kavien said:
Okay, okay.

there are some villages that aren't 'western' per se, want me to do those?

that would be quite helpful  :wink:

I think you'll be pleased with my attention to detail.
hint: after I send the scene.obj files, look behind the barn in robertston, I can just see a quest popping up because of it.

For the voice acting I can sound edit them to studio quality. There will be no background noise, absolutely no noise in the silence before and after the sound clip. I can also reduce hissing and clicking and/or add ambient effects to them. I would love to help.

Ruarz said:
For the voice acting I can sound edit them to studio quality. There will be no background noise, absolutely no noise in the silence before and after the sound clip. I can also reduce hissing and clicking and/or add ambient effects to them. I would love to help.

Sent you a PM. :wink:

I have just discovered a huge drawback of this. While restoring the files does not increase their size significantly, as they are already done very well, adding effects makes them 30-40 times bigger. So the sound files i was editing amounted to about 15 megs before processing. This unfortunately would become about 400 meg, making it the largest mod on the Repository even just the sound alone.

I could make some new compagnon NPC's with back ground stories and such, and I'm experimenting with time related coding

Ruarz said:
I have just discovered a huge drawback of this. While restoring the files does not increase their size significantly, as they are already done very well, adding effects makes them 30-40 times bigger. So the sound files i was editing amounted to about 15 megs before processing. This unfortunately would become about 400 meg, making it the largest mod on the Repository even just the sound alone.

I don't know what you are doing, but I think you're doing it wrong.  These things started out at 80kb.  How on earth could they get up to 400mb?

Or some independant parties, that roam the country?

I'm thinking of famous gangs that were active in that time period and region, independant "heroes" looking for justice, raiding indian gangs (other than deserters), ...

These gangs wouldn't be related to any faction, but would form some sort of separate faction, each on their own?

Btw, could you define "south west US"?
I'm European, and allthough I have a vague image of what you mean, I wonder which states it includes?

Peralta said:
Or some independant parties, that roam the country?

I'm thinking of famous gangs that were active in that time period and region, independant "heroes" looking for justice, raiding indian gangs (other than deserters), ...

These gangs wouldn't be related to any faction, but would form some sort of separate faction, each on their own?

Btw, could you define "south west US"?
I'm European, and allthough I have a vague image of what you mean, I wonder which states it includes?

Texas, Nevada, Utah, California, perhaps colorado (?), Arizona, New Mexico and I suppose maybe Kansas and Oklahoma.
those ones, but looking at the map it's mostly Texas (border to Mexico), Arizona (middle section) and Utah (northern).

Back
Top Bottom