1866 - FAQ and Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

I updated a lot of information on the first post for v0.9.0.

If anyone has questions about how I explained it, please let me know so I can improve the guide.  Additionally, if anyone else thinks of something that can/should be added, please mention it here.

Shrugging Khan said:
I suggest an antique dealer.

Hidden in some town, accessible only by finding him in person (rather than through a menu), and with a selection that's both small, horribly overpriced, and very likely to be in bad condition. Offering beautiful items like:

Scottish Broadswords / Schiavonas, very slow on the swing for us weakling modern humans
Conquistador's Armour and Helmet / Breastplate & Morion, lauchably heavy and so old and rusty they provide hardly any protection at all
Rapiers, dealing next to no damage whatsoever
And the occasional horse with reinforced barding, incapable of actually supporting its armour, and therefore slow as hell

...I'd like it  :lol:

This, please, must have this in, its genius...

yellowmosquito said:
I updated a lot of information on the first post for v0.9.0.

If anyone has questions about how I explained it, please let me know so I can improve the guide.  Additionally, if anyone else thinks of something that can/should be added, please mention it here.

Red Haired Sally - Logistics

I think 'logistics' is a bit misleading for a tactician/trainer :smile:

Also, I would like to suggest a rabbi to the companions, or maybe a 'whiskey' priest. The rabbi would be better :smile:
It would be possible to add really strange dialogs (for example that he doesn't want to ride a horse on sabbat, complaints about non-kosher food).
There is a good scetch for this character in 'Frisco kid':

"Chief Gray Cloud: Yes or no, can your God make rain?"
"Avram: Yes."
"Chief Gray Cloud: But he doesn't?"
"Avram: That's right."
"Chief Gray Cloud: Why?"
"Avram: Because that's not his department!"

Do all lawman factions corrupted ?  :neutral:

Who should I join if I want to stand at the justice side, then ?  :neutral:

Starting my own faction and destroy all bandit and lawmen faction is too hard, and currently  it's impossible to win against cottonwood bandits.  :razz:

MariusThePaladin said:
Do all lawman factions corrupted ?  :neutral:

Who should I join if I want to stand at the justice side, then ?  :neutral:

Starting my own faction and destroy all bandit and lawmen faction is too hard, and currently impossible win against cottonwood bandits.  :razz:
I guess you should join Indians if you want to stand at "justice" side! :grin:
I joined US once and that was "mission impossible" to start your own faction.The best way is to find some gang that owns only one hotel,wait until all gang members("vassals") are out of it,and then capture it.It easier to defend it,so get some mercenaries from saloons at start.Concerning capturing,you need to have at least 60 men and  25-30 of them to be top-tier troops!Not to mention level of your character ,you need to kill at least 1/3 or even half of enemy troops while capturing anything at all!

Edit:Capturing I'm talking about is without joining any faction before you attack some of the hotels!

Hi, not sure if this was addressed earlier.... but my Mexican character has hired Norm Finkleton, contrary to the FAQ. Perhaps this was changed at an earlier time.

****in Comanches! I bought a Winchester Rifle in Khutu for $198!!! And later on in Bishop Lodge i found an Nickel-Plated one for $96!!! I hate indians ¬¬ (No racism :grin:)

RomeImperator said:
****in Comanches! I bought a Winchester Rifle in Khutu for $198!!! And later on in Bishop Lodge i found an Nickel-Plated one for $96!!! I hate indians ¬¬ (No racism :grin:)

Buy all your firearms from the U.S.. Indians and to a lesser extent Mexicans charge more for firearms. They also pay more.

Can anyone help me? I just can't find the tournament in El Paso (Never tried in others cities), it says that Its going to be a tournament in the town but i cant find the door with the ".", really thanks if you helped me  :wink:

RomeImperator said:
Can anyone help me? I just can't find the tournament in El Paso (Never tried in others cities), it says that Its going to be a tournament in the town but i cant find the door with the ".", really thanks if you helped me  :wink:

It's only a bug, there is no arena and there aren't tournaments.

Ciao
Luciano

Shrugging Khan said:
LIES! Just start shooting people to provoke them into a spontaneous tourney!

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH! Nice one :wink:

And nice mod btw, really thanks to: yellowmosquito, Highlander and ALL the people helping to make this mod even better than it is :smile:

When I play for some time time game crashes and there is a some kind on RGL error thing can someone help!!!!

Love the old west and there are so few games based on that era. Would love to try this. Can someone tell me if it's true that there's a version for warband out there somewhere - better yet, if there is, can they give me a link from where to download it? I saw on one forum that someone reckons there's a beta version for warband - whatever that means. I'm a bit of a newb. But you guys here at tale worlds have never let me down before, so I thank you in advance for your help.

Sam

i_am_sam82 said:
Love the old west and there are so few games based on that era. Would love to try this. Can someone tell me if it's true that there's a version for warband out there somewhere - better yet, if there is, can they give me a link from where to download it? I saw on one forum that someone reckons there's a beta version for warband - whatever that means. I'm a bit of a newb. But you guys here at tale worlds have never let me down before, so I thank you in advance for your help.

Sam
Try here.

Hi, thanks for getting back. But the link just takes me to a page of forum converstaions. I'm pretty sure I've read them all. I'm just after a link to a place where I can download 1866 for warband - if it exists! Thanks all the same.

Sam

Hi!
This is what you are looking for:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,120665.msg2915242.html#msg2915242

It is only MP though, but it is the only attempt that was made on Warband.

You can play 1866 SP on old M&B.

The link Workaholic gave you is on a Western Mod I made, SP and for wb....but not finished even if playable.
It is not just a Forum....is a work in progress and has a fully playable version 0.81.
Soon I will have a Beta version 0.90, with the addition of other western Mods stuff, including 1866.

Hope all this helped, but pls read all Topics and Forums to get a full idea of what Warband can offer you.

Also SECESSION is a great Wb Mod, but still...JUST MP!!  :twisted:

seems like my 1860s is the only Western SP  Mod for Warband at the moment...

Gabby :wink:

Thanks all - I already have 1860s. It's great. I just heard so much about the 1866 one and wondered if it was available for WB. Nevermind. Great work, nonetheless. Constantly amazes me how many great games I've got out of one purchase. You modders are the daddies!

Thanks again,

Sam

Back
Top Bottom