1860s - SERIOUS PROBLEM occured to Gabby...

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Sorry for long lack of presence in my Mods Threads but  a very serious heart problem recently occured to me and had no time or desire to go through other things.

Heavy work, personal life and stress apparently gave me a tremendous hit and I was close to be in danger of life.

I will see if and when I will have the possibility to come back and progress in the mod and be active on the Forum.  :neutral:

A huge thx to those like CAPTURED JOE, DELLIVIS and all my friends and some Supporters (such as Arlvent  :wink: ) that always tried to be helpful and positive.

Gab

PS Please do not ever refer to me as "Sir" Gabby...not even as a joke  :twisted:
Gab or Gabby is fine, really

Very sorry to hear of your heart problems Gabby. Take some time to take care of yourself before you get back to all of this. Get well soon amigo.

Very special and deep thanks to all of You up above and to the many that floaded my PMs recipient in these days (on top of them WRC, as I still like to call him!  :wink: )

And having here a post of Auldie is even a sweeter surprise! ... to see Him around again, just to be close to me and to my family once again!!  :oops:

Like old friends as Raddy, Bayard-X and arlvent21 and all those that privately contacted me. (sorry if I will not be able to feedback to them or not even read all of them... :cry:  ...but I ABSOLUTELY apreciated)

Things told and /or suggested to me are so TRUE

... because even thoughts of work and bad memories are evil and harmful...
... I'm happy you survived that. ...
...Take some time to take care of yourself before you get back to all of this...

I WAS and I might still be in danger of life.
And I need to be really carefull with my stressfull life and with my being irritable and mad when people act like jerks, REALLY and once for all.  :neutral:

I am involved even in Politics, now, supporting a huge Italian "reaction" to all those Old Corrupted Politicians that ruled the Nation for decades, now.
I strongly believe in the new Popular Facion that is in the Parliament now (M5s) but I had to realize that the strongest enemy in Italia are still...the ITALIANS!  :roll:
Most of them are not informed and what is worse...they do not care to be.  :neutral:

Stress and frustration all over: family,work, politics... (and Modding games and training people for free... :roll: ).

All that is eating me out and is nobody's fault except MINE!

Being in danger of life makes you look at life in a very different way...and most people become sweeter and forgiving to the whole world.

Well...NOT ME!  :twisted:

I strongly and deeply want to send officially and definetely TO HELL all those Trolls/fake friends/jerks ...that tried to destroy my reputation and my hard work for the comunity.
GO TO HELL all of them!
Here and in the Moddb Site, where some still denigrate and officially still ask to BOYCOTT my work.
GO TO HELL, you jerks!

You really made my life on modding a PAIN!

But....you couldn t avoid that hundreds of thousands of players downloaded and had fun with my work!

To the whole comunity and to those that always cared for me and my work, well...I ll try to be back as I can.
But, please believe me...I need to be careful and follow a quit path for now.

Gab

PS: SORRY again for late replies and absence!!

PSbis: one more thing to Poom- I just wanted you to know that I really and always felt bad for what happened even if I cannot forget your offences.
Still, I felt bad.

206030.gif

547103438.jpg

how are you gabby ?  :oops:
I get a news from Tom, that you are sick, heart attack ?
get well, healthy, and able to return to normal activities.
I pray for your health.  :cry:
best regards to all teams and miss all my friends in this forum.  :oops:
take care gabby :smile:

HEyyy...ALAN!!!  :mrgreen:
Thx my dear friend. It is so nice to see U here again!!!

Jees...do I have to almost "die" to have old friends to come over and say Hi ?!  :twisted:

Well...my heart is great and strong. Thx guys for asking.  :wink:
I always was very fit and trained. I eat always good ...and used to spend a lot of time in sports.
And that helped a lot.

It is about some problems that I had because of much stress and heavy work, ...no sleep and too many worries.  :???:

Apparently more of a "Cardiocircolatorio" System problem... due to much and too prolungated, stress...  :roll:

I really got very, VERY scared and...I m trying to take it easier on all things in my life now, I swear!  :oops:

A huge hugh to all of U and expecially to those of my Old Gabby's Team!  :cool:
I remember U every time that I play my Mods, as U well know, since I always wanted Conpanions with ur Names in the game.  :mrgreen:

Gabby
PS. matmohair1 ...thx a lot for ur cute wishes!  :smile:

hey gabby, sad to hear that about your health. but also good that you are on a good way. I wish you that you learn to take things more easy.
Best wishes my friend, health is more important than anything else. So take care of you.

Hey TOX!  :razz:
Ths my friend, thx very much really.  :wink:
And thx for ur help in feedbacking some players that still write and ask for help.
Any help on that is very welcome atm, due to my present situation... :neutral:

Gab

so depressing

1866 was my favorite mb mod of all time.

i found out your project got permission to use their stuff.

that's amazing. I am excited to play, but depressed to hear about your health. i hope you get better soon.

Thx Penlord.
Really.
It was a real shock for an healthy and well trained person as I was for decades....eating good and training as well as I could.
But aging is a fact and my biggest fault was not considering it enough.
Besides that, I always had too many things going on in my life and an irritable charachter.
Which is the reason why I ACCOMPLISHED so much in my life, honestly...but also the reason why I almost...KILLED myself!  :twisted:

Anyway, even if this thing was and still is pretty serious, I will try my best and asap to be back.

Funny that I DO have many progress done and almost an UPDATE ready...but no more time and "spirit" to publish it!  :roll:

Thx to all that were close to me in this Topic and in real life
Gab  :wink:

I hope you get better asap, with a full recovery.

It is not fun to deal with heart problems...  I remember having myocarditis from having the flu, basically inflamed heart muscles.  Felt like a heart attack that went on for hours, never letting up.  Before that conclusion was made it was mentioned they may have the perform heart surgery due to the possibility of the sac surrounding the heart becoming inflamed, which would eventually choke the heart to death essentially.  Now that was scary.

Hey MICKKY!  :mrgreen:
So nice to see u back!
Not a conpanion anymore in my last update (too many conplained about that... :roll: ) but still a Merchant in a town. Did U find yourself where I put ya?!  :cool:

Hah! U too with sad issues such as mine??!

I know...VERY scary.
I remember thinking...."jeees this is the end" .  :eek:
And my regret was not having my 2 kids and my wife close to me atm... :oops:

Funny how I first thought at those that I' d leave, more than at my own "death"

Anyway...nice to see u around again, Mick  :wink:

Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Hey MICKKY!  :mrgreen:
So nice to see u back!
Not a conpanion anymore in my last update (too many conplained about that... :roll: ) but still a Merchant in a town. Did U find yourself where I put ya?!  :cool:

Hah! U too with sad issues such as mine??!

I know...VERY scary.
I remember thinking...."jeees this is the end" .  :eek:
And my regret was not having my 2 kids and my wife close to me atm... :oops:

Funny how I first thought at those that I' d leave, more than at my own "death"

Anyway...nice to see u around again, Mick  :wink:

Gab
I remember playing when i was still a companion.

I personally had no issues, but if I remember correctly a lot of people found him doing strange things.  Very funny stuff.

I tend to focus more on what happens to me after death in such situations.  Seeing as I'm agnostic I am not exactly convinced that anything will happen at all.  Will I simply cease to exist?  That kind of stuff is what scares me.  I don't have my own family so I think most people will go on fine if I were to pass.

I haven't really been gone, just got tired of the general toxicity of most people in the community, so I stopped playing online and I'm only checking up to see if new mods are released and Bannerlord for the most part.

Hope you recover soon.  And since it's been so long I might as well try out the newest version of 1860s.  Gonna be a pirate mercenary for the confederate states i think.

By the way it's neat to know you put your mod on moddb on april 26 2013, when Lost Alpha was released on the exact same date, but this year.

p.s.  Is there a torrent for your mod?  I have really really bad internet right now, and somewhere in the download I get network errors when downloading through browser.

hey, sorry to hear that u had an episode with your heart.
my brother had the samething and IT was caused from stress at work and within the family, he had an inconsistant heart.
make sure you get lots of cardio exercise to releave the stress. or go to the gym.

i undertand what you went through since my brothers problem affected my whole family

take care.
cheers
dusty

Really thx for ur nice words and encouragement.
I apreciated very much.
Ehh...sorry for ur bro.
Only those that went through REALLY know what it means...
The fear that i felt and...the very different view that I have of life now.  :neutral:

Btw...all those that send me PMs asking about permissions on this and that and all those messages like: "Gab, since u r really downhill now, I' d like to take ur stuff to make my own mods"...
well all that reminds me of those "condors" that fly close to the almost dead guy to see if they can bite some pieces, already.

I have no time for myself, imagine how few I could spend to help "new" projects.

Wanna be helpful?
BE SUPPORTIVE! (thx dusty122 for putting an 1860s Supp Pic, btw!  :wink: ), play the latest 0.99z version that costed to me so much effort to make, and hang around this forum with some hints, pics and adored VIDEOS!  :cool:
I already have a new wip 1.0 version but I stopped progressing after i had that heart problem.

Also, remember to post a comment and a rate on Moddb if U enjoyed the Mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/reviews?filter=t&rating=9

Thx to all those who care
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Btw...all those that send me PMs asking about permissions on this and that and all those messages like: "Gab, since u r really downhill now, I' d like to take ur stuff to make my own mods"...
well all that reminds me of those "condors" that fly close to the almost dead guy to see if they can bite some pieces, already.

Condors?

VULTURES!  :evil:

In fact, this is the one thing which is quite repugnant about modding that sometimes, there are chaps who cannot realise that this is

[list type=decimal]
[*]a pass-time
[*]not a service granted and finally
[*]with individuals in the loop, having had a vision of a mod, a concept, a story, a lore, an aim.
[/list]

Thx Bayard, dear friend.
It is such a pleasure to see old conpanions again  :razz:

Ehh...that is life.
Not only in modding, though.

I was very active in Politics as a volonnteer as well, lately...but it seems that only those that hack U and make U pay money for any request get respect, in some way... :twisted:

How are U doing, btw?
Demotivated?  :wink:

Gab
PS...I know i know, folks...I lacked in answering to many posts and PMs...but I m reading as many as I can.
I just cannot reply in most cases...due to lack of time.
Sorry for that, but dont think that I do not apreciate ur support and care  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom