1860s - PROBLEMS, suggestions....& Solutions, even from you, if possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

radetzky said:
In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

.1st
WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1860s MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

.2nd
TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY
"MAX FRAME RATE" TO 60
"TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM
- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

.3rd
TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

THX  :grin: [/b]

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:

1860s OLD AMERICA IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND UPDATED TO V. 1.153 / 1.154
this might help you

Well, I guess this is kind of a problem :grin: :
Can anyone post the full music list, there are a lot of good ones.
I would be real happy. :iamamoron: (new fancy emoticon)

Hello, I've not a problem but a mere question (well two questions actually, but they might as well be one):

I notice that the villages have functional garrisons. Can those actually be utilized to defend the villages in the instances of a raid or are they just accidents that aren't supposed to be there?

Do they work like a castle or city garrison?

I was really hoping I could stash some mountain-men in my villages to protect themselves from the Native Americans, while I'm off on the other side of the country.

change the song thats called armorer in music file to this:
also adding more songs from fallout will make the mod give some people nostalgia trips

Hello gab hope everything is going alright :smile: I just read the news that your working on  version 1.0 so I just want to make a Quick suggestion: freelancer would be good in this mod for people Who like that stuff. Please consider this gab :smile: cheers

I'm defending a siege of fortifications of Petersburg, and the attacking Union army will not move. The two armies just shoot each other and nothing happens. Anything I can do?

have the same Problem in Siege defence. The attacking army don't move. The solution is auto calc. Battle. But the the attacking enemy has a 3:1 advantage (so i lost). I like this mod but unfortunateli this is game breaking for me.

I feel like bumping thise whole ordeal but yeah. I am not getting the option to recruit some staff (constable etc.) in one of my towns, I'm 50 days away in the game having conquered a few Indian castles and cities. Does anyone have an idea why the option to recruit staff isn't there? (I got a minister recruited from my party)

Not sure if it's intended, but ever since the new version release bandits have become suicidal. At this point though it's become a major annoyance. While following our marshall, several 5 to 8 unit stacks of mounted raiders keep attacking me when I have 50+ units. One after another they spam me but their dialogue indicates I attacked them, which I did not.

It wouldn't be so bad if they all joined forces when they attacked but I end up having to fight each individual group and they just keep coming. They totally ignore the other NPC war parties I'm riding with and said war parties ignore these raiders as well.

Sorry for lack of answers for a while but I m patching to 1.1...ghhh...hehehe
Ohh...well, NEVER happened to me before. U might had changed the bandits values or something. It is impossible otherwise.
Just re-install a genuine new last version of M&Bwb game (this is the REAL latest version https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download ) and then wait till soon that I will upload 1.1 version for all those that showed apreciation and voted in Moddb section and I m sure that will like a lot this latest work of mine
  http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/reviews?filter=t&rating=10

Keep tuned
Gab

Jagblade said:
Not sure if it's intended, but ever since the new version release bandits have become suicidal. At this point though it's become a major annoyance. While following our marshall, several 5 to 8 unit stacks of mounted raiders keep attacking me when I have 50+ units. One after another they spam me but their dialogue indicates I attacked them, which I did not.

It wouldn't be so bad if they all joined forces when they attacked but I end up having to fight each individual group and they just keep coming. They totally ignore the other NPC war parties I'm riding with and said war parties ignore these raiders as well.

animated wagon wheels at FORT Laramie

FNm0Axm.jpg

Simon Cameron X ?

gnxZ5Yo.jpg

Gabby, pls you need to fix crouching animation with revolver somehow  :evil:
also the shooting from the muskets could be better, reloading animation looks a bit silly and there is no enough smoke. But I still love the new version!
11/10

Ciao Gabby! Hello from Greece!  :smile:

Just a question,
Why did you change the Showdowns? Fists and knives to a gunfight? The irony is that I'm the only one who has 2 guns and I can also kick them!  :razz:
Showdowns have become so borring, you can easily exploit them for $s, just let them run to you, IF they find their way. They, almost always, get stuck behind barells or behind walls and I need to run and spend over 10 real time minutes to find them and shoot them. Especially the arena/Showdowns in Louisville is the same scene as in the starting of the mod, oh.. man this arena should be removed as an arena.  :dead:
By the way, you should check Gaston's daughter...  :fruity: ( I'm not Gay..  :razz: )

Anyway, just that and the buggs the guys have already mentioned.
Keep up the great job!  :grin:
Drax70

Eh, yes...u fix one thing and another gets blown! Like revolvers using only one ammo type and now the old arena ammo do not fit them anymore...I m fixing it but is going to create another problem I m afraid...
For what I know, Gaston's daughter is not married and she is not gay either! Try to date her and let us know how it went, ok? hehehe
Thx for ur comment and funny attitude, I like it a lot, must be your greek spirit, huh? (keep it up there u guys are a great people!)
Ciao
Gab

Drax70 said:
Ciao Gabby! Hello from Greece!  :smile:

Just a question,
Why did you change the Showdowns? Fists and knives to a gunfight? The irony is that I'm the only one who has 2 guns and I can also kick them!  :razz:
Showdowns have become so borring, you can easily exploit them for $s, just let them run to you, IF they find their way. They, almost always, get stuck behind barells or behind walls and I need to run and spend over 10 real time minutes to find them and shoot them. Especially the arena/Showdowns in Louisville is the same scene as in the starting of the mod, oh.. man this arena should be removed as an arena.  :dead:
By the way, you should check Gaston's daughter...  :fruity: ( I'm not Gay..  :razz: )

Anyway, just that and the buggs the guys have already mentioned.
Keep up the great job!  :grin:
Drax70

GABRILDURO said:
Eh, yes...u fix one thing and another gets blown! Like revolvers using only one ammo type and now the old arena ammo do not fit them anymore...I m fixing it but is going to create another problem I m afraid...
For what I know, Gaston's daughter is not married and she is not gay either! Try to date her and let us know how it went, ok? hehehe
Thx for ur comment and funny attitude, I like it a lot, must be your greek spirit, huh? (keep it up there u guys are a great people!)
Ciao
Gab

Thanks for your kind words!  :grin:
Just give one type revolver and it's ammunition and when bullets are over, uses the fists or a knife maybe but all of the contestants should get both otherwise those with only the knives don't stand a chance!! Just a suggestion.  :smile:
About Gaston's daughter, she has a great body but she has a MAN's head! :dead: hahaha  :razz:

Best regards!
Drax70

Hey Gabby... been playing and found a few more problems. It's impossible to scout the area around Fort Vicksburg due to the large amounts of bandits, and the game crashes when I attack Forts Henry and Donelson.

HEY Blue! Nice to see you around again!
I really pushed hard to fix the most I could and add a lot of new things but I ran out of free time at all atm.
But keep on scouting the map and...bugs! I promise that asa I ll have a reasonable amount of time, I llgo over those bugs again.
Thx
Gab
PS did u enjoy the latest big update, anyway? Let me know your impressions, Scout! :smile:

GABRILDURO said:
HEY Blue! Nice to see you around again!
I really pushed hard to fix the most I could and add a lot of new things but I ran out of free time at all atm.
But keep on scouting the map and...bugs! I promise that asa I ll have a reasonable amount of time, I llgo over those bugs again.
Thx
Gab
PS did u enjoy the latest big update, anyway? Let me know your impressions, Scout! :smile:

Yes, I'm enjoying it very much! I barely play much of anything anymore but I'm still enjoying Warband. There was another bug I noticed- when asking somebody the location of another person (Ex. Asking General Lee where Stonewall Jackson was) the person referred to the other as a "her" and not "he".

To all my Supporters and OldNew Friends:
First of all, thx a lot for your nice words, review and for rating my mod. I Always apreciate that!
I tried hard to make Battle Continuation, but I failed miserably many times. That is due mainly to the fact that my mod is made on tweaking text of operative files and not with Module Py system, see? Which means that it takes ten times for me to do things and that some issues are IMPOSSIBLE to be added afterwards...or it all will be messed up...sorry man.
Suggestions:
-never stay still, Always move on battlefields, mainly sidewards
-press z to crouch and use a rifle, mainly a repetition henry or spencer or colt. That will allow you cover (crouching decreases damage of 50% appx) and firing power
-press ctrl+F9 which slows down time (kind of bullet time, never tried)and that will make things MUCH easier! Set Cheats ON though, on main menu, before playing the mod, while you choose one
-find and wear the GABRILDURO iron plated outfit, which grants you a super protection
-dwld and play the in-coming 1.5 new version, with many new fix in skills scenes and gameplay

STAY TUNED
Gab

Back
Top Bottom