1860s - PROBLEMS, suggestions....& Solutions, even from you, if possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

MrRazor the only thing that i found out that works for that is creating an entirely new character as sometimes the selection of the story depends on what skills your character may have, i think Gab made a mistake by having the characters regardless of background having such high skills in all weaponry.

I have the same problem that was reported by Mrrazorblade.  The "+" is not present in the skills point section during character creation so I can not finish creating a character to even start the game.  A fix would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

decklin17 said:
I have the same problem that was reported by Mrrazorblade.  The "+" is not present in the skills point section during character creation so I can not finish creating a character to even start the game.  A fix would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Have you tried restarting the game? I believe I had the same problem at some point, which disappeared later.

Does anyone know if the mod is still being worked on? I loved the new update that I actually missed for quite some time. I think I have lost my account because I did actually post something on this topic before.  :oops:

I do really hope there is still being worked on because - I can't deny -  there are still some rough edges concerning the game. Also, a long time ago, I have read that you might try to add officers, standardbearers to some forts like West Point. I look forward to further progression!  :grin:

Dunque, io ho questo piccolo, odioso problema: le mod che ho scaricato, la tua e un'altra che mi ha interessato tempo fà, sono installate correttamente nella cartella dei moduli tra i file del gioco, ma quando lo avvio e scorro l'elenco ne Nova Aetas, ne 1860s Old America sono presenti tra le opzioni da scegliere. Considerando il fatto che le mie capacità informatiche sono... bhe... NON sono, preferisco sapere se hai dei consigli prima di metterci le mani di mio e rischiare di fare danni.

P.S. ho visto gameplay della mod ed è spettacolare.

EldritchEntity said:
Dunque, io ho questo piccolo, odioso problema: le mod che ho scaricato, la tua e un'altra che mi ha interessato tempo fà, sono installate correttamente nella cartella dei moduli tra i file del gioco, ma quando lo avvio e scorro l'elenco ne Nova Aetas, ne 1860s Old America sono presenti tra le opzioni da scegliere. Considerando il fatto che le mie capacità informatiche sono... bhe... NON sono, preferisco sapere se hai dei consigli prima di metterci le mani di mio e rischiare di fare danni.

P.S. ho visto gameplay della mod ed è spettacolare.
Uelà viva l'Italia. Probabilmente hai estratto la cartella che contiene la mod devi quindi aprirla selezionare la mode con scritto 1860s Old America copiarla ed inserirla in moduli.

Mi venisse un accidente triplo, non funziona. Ho copiato la cartella direttamente nei moduli ma continua a non presentarsi l'opzione, cosa LIEVEMENTE frustrante dato che voglio davvero giocarci.
Sia ben chiaro che non te ne faccio una colpa, anzi: le mie incapacità informatiche sono roba da leggenda, la soluzione è probabilmente a portata di click, ma non ci arrivo.
Se hai altre idee o consigli te ne sarei davvero grato.

I posted this over on moddb but I suppose I'll post here as well

Hello, first of all thanks for making this mod, I loved the 1866 mod for the original M&B and this is a very nice continuation for Warband. However I have run into three problems.

The first is quite a serious issue I've run into in pretty much every Mexican fort/city siege scene. I find that there is a distinct lack of pathfinding and an abundance of strange spawn areas which lead to massive bot traps. One of the worst ones I can remember is in the castle "Presidio del Norte", in which there is a barricade and a house on which large numbers of bots will get stuck without constant maneuvering on the part of the player. This of course leads to massive amounts of deaths as the player must have their troops hold fire in order to move around properly. This has become a serious problem because it means some forts and cities are almost impossible to take even with overwhelming numerical superiority, for example a battle I had in Cancun with almost 1000 attackers and 200 defenders in which my men were just slaughtered as they were stuck in between a pier and a boat.

The second issue is a lot less important, and it has to do with the lack of desert scenes. I understand that the playable area does really include desert areas like the Sonora, however Eastern Mexico and Texas can still be rather arid and it's strange playing in a temperate battle scene similar to the Northern USA when you're fighting off Mexican banditos.

Finally the third issue I've come across is with the armour merchants. Early in the game the armourers work well, offering a variety of items in the game, however as time goes on I've noticed that they stop selling certain items, specifically boots. I'm on day 120 of my playthrough and I have checked literally every settlement on the map for a pair of boots of any kind, and I've found nothing. I've had to resort to using the cheat menu to find certain items and have found that the specific boots I was searching for (french infantry boots) aren't even in the cheat menu.

That is all, I hope you will take these issues into consideration and I hope to see more of your good work in the future.

I already emailed Gab about this, so it's probably worthless to bring up again, but I think this mod (particularly the US Civil War sections) would be hugely benefitted by the implemtation of Body Sliding, allowing players to control their soldiers in a battle after they themselves are knocked out.

I think it fits the mod rather well, since a lot of civil war captains had a habit of getting shot mid battle, leaving it up to the soldiers to fight without them.

secretstamos said:
I already emailed Gab about this, so it's probably worthless to bring up again, but I think this mod (particularly the US Civil War sections) would be hugely benefitted by the implemtation of Body Sliding, allowing players to control their soldiers in a battle after they themselves are knocked out.

I think it fits the mod rather well, since a lot of civil war captains had a habit of getting shot mid battle, leaving it up to the soldiers to fight without them.
Actually I did reply to you

-"yes sorry lots of them to go through...
Ehr...I m afraid I dont know about that stuff...
I guess I will have to check it, first
Sounds great, actually."-

I don t have much time anymore to mod and feedback, unfortunately
...and new things take a lot of time to be understood and eventually applied. :sad:
Gab

Oh yes, I can understand that. I too have experienced that with my own projects. It is important to let your life take priority over your hobby when they come into conflict! So no worries!

I hope that body sliding can make it into the mod one day! For me, that would make this easily my favorite mod. Probably already is :party:

Hellooo.
Uh,kinda new to this M&B Warband stuff 'n' all.
I've gotten myself into a bit of a sticky situation. Every time I go out to any type of street (village,shootout,etc.), my game crashes after a few seconds. Not sure of the reason. If you can help out,thanks in advance!

Hello, first of all this is a really GREAT mod, I'm really enjoying it so far. It lets you do pretty much everything there is to do in the old west, and has such a large and enjoyable set of weapons.  :grin:

Is the MS ever going to be released for this mod? Because there are slight bugs I would like to fix...I know the person who made this mod is occupied and doesn't really have the time to look into it..

My main concern with the game is that it appears that with 1.170 Warband version, the pistol and musket and bullets item flags are uncommented from merchants in the module_scripts.py file leading to revolvers and carbines and bullets not appearing in any store in the game. If GABRILDURO could release the source code or even better, a slight fix to this bug it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance  :grin:

I have two small points of critique, but I'm really enjoying this mod so far. First, pathfinding (as has been reported by other people) definitely needs to be fixed, and it's not just for mexico. All siege scenes, showdown scenes, brawl scenes, etc. have buggy pathfinding and soldiers will just run into the walls blindly, in some cases getting stuck, clipping through walls, and making sieges or arena fights unwinnable. There's not a lot of main town scene diversity so it'd be nice of the soldiers had pathfinding to actually effectively assault a town.

Secondly, I think that if you reduced the accuracy of all cartridge guns significantly, ESPECIALLY revolvers, repeaters, and carbines, and reduced the accuracy of muskets and rifles just a little bit, the game would be FAR more realistic and fair without having to resort to an outrageously high friction number. I set my friction to .010 to help offset the damage falloff, but you could simply... make the guns less accurate, and then bring friction back to .002 to allow for realistic bullet physics, while also having a realistic feel to the shooting. Revolvers, repeaters, and cartridge guns in general in the time were NOT as accurate as represented here and in old west movies/games in general. You'd be lucky to get 5 bullets hitting the same target from 100 feet, let alone hitting the target with pinpoint accuracy. If I knew how, I'd just tweak the accuracy for all cartridge guns in my game to be reduced so that you always have a shooting cone, not a pinpoint shot. This would also make it so that musket infantry is actually still useful, instead of removing their effectiveness at range.

This may have been suggested before, but there are many pages to look through and I wasn't able to locate mention of it. As the Freelancer mod has been open source for quite some time it would be excellent to incorporate it with this mod as it increases immersion and opens up the possibility of playing as a simple soldier within an army.

I apologize if this has been suggested several times in the past or if it's felt for whatever reason to be unnecessary or disliked, no matter your decision in this regard I very much appreciate the huge amount of work you've done to create a great experience for the M&B player base. Thank you Gabby and I hope you are doing well and of good health!

i have a problem :grin:
When i create a new game, in the charater page (attributes, proficincies ecc) i remain blocked. Because i can't see the button of the proficiencies, so the button "done" remain grey and unclickable

Sorry guys for my delay.
I actually am experimenting some problems with the new warband UPDATE.
Please feedback if you are having troubles as well.
I m working on a patch...
thx to you all and to those that are still tuned and supportive
thx for your apreciation and rating the mod in the review section
Gab
Ps thx to those that are helping around the Forum of my mod. 
icon_wink.gif

Hello all!  Played Old America for years but I have always seemed to have item list problems. Mainly with the Clothing Store and Weapons Store.  In the clothing store there are NEVER (or extremely rarely) any shoes or boots of any kind.  In the weapons stores there are almost NEVER any guns or ammo (aside from maybe 2 or 3 muskets and MAYBE if I am luck some crummy musket ammo).  I am now playing 1.5 and I am just wondering if these things are intentional or if it some odd bug.  REALLY want to use the LeMat as well as some of the other guns but have NEVER found them for sale, even the Special weapons character in the Saloon has no such weapons, just a bunch of Spencers a couple Henry rifles a couple other odds n ends and some ammo., do not even think he had any pistols or if he did maybe 1 or 2.  The only way i even know the LeMat is in game is from the shoot-outs. Also are some stages during the shoot-outs showdowns intentionally not giving you any extra ammo? or is that possibly intentional?  Any help would be really welcomed!

How am I to be a proper C.S.A. cav. officer without my LeMat!?! XD

MagnusDeArmis said:
i have a problem :grin:
When i create a new game, in the charater page (attributes, proficincies ecc) i remain blocked. Because i can't see the button of the proficiencies, so the button "done" remain grey and unclickable

That happens if you don't increase at all weapons proficiency.
I don't know why, but an added point is enough to solve the problem

Back
Top Bottom