1860s - G U I D E L I N E, TUTORIALS & F. A. Q.

Did U read this Guideline before playing the Mod?

• Yes, and I found it extremely useful!!!

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Yes, it was useful, but U need to update it....

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Yes but was not useful at all on anything.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No, I never read anything....I just wanna play!

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No....I didn t know that it was a Guideline! I will read it now.

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Radetzky

Count
Best answers
TUTORIAL for 1860s Old America 0.99 m version by VortexmikeandShidow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqgW0ODM9Qc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__oE9eJ0lSQ

Dear Visitor
Have you ever though, why there is no single player mod for warband with the Wild West, American Civil war  and Mexican Empire? If yes, 1860‘s Old America Mod is something exactly for you.
Taking place during American civil war, it’ll bring you the joy of fighting with weapons more modern than swords and crossbows.
Now, imagine a deep forest. You are the leader of Federal infantry. You slowly advance with your troops, meanwhile... enemy! You and your mates start to fire in the mass of the infantry of enemy advancing against you, they are coming closer you have to use bayonet and send several enemies to heaven .. or hell. They are decimated, quick, start counter attack! Your soldiers are running through the forest very fast, as they are chasing the enemy. That’s like are the battles in 1860’s OA mod.
This great mod was made by Gabrilduro and his team!

BEFORE playing be sure to visit 

-M&B WB Wiki

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

-INSTALL & TROUBLESHOOTING: (please: sit down, click on Spoiler.... and read it all....it is a pain BUT WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!!! )
GOOD NEWS: we basically fixed most of worst bugs!!!

PLS keep in mind, though, that you need a powerful pc for this mod. I personally have to play low/medium video performance with my cheap pc.

Please BEFORE reporting your "bugs" here, be sure it is a REAL bug and not just something you did not like or understand.

EX. Problem with......Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library ?
Pls check here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,217596.msg5204699.html#msg5204699

In case of serious PC problems

In order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again, when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag:
-If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 70. Even less, 60 or even 50!!!!! (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
I solved all my problems with this issue, and REMOVING BLOOD!!!!

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

.1st 
WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1860s MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS" (they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performances problem). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.
(It should be OFF for best performance)

.2nd
TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS, ALL OF THEM TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY
"MAX FRAME RATE" TO 60
"TREES DETAILS" AND ANY "SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM
- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma" of course....or your monitor will become BLACK! :grin:

.3rd 
TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.

If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.

If some problems are still there, try to solve your problem at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

THX  :grin: [/b]

Gabrilduro and his team

IMPORTANT:

1860s OLD AMERICA IS MADE TO RUN ONLY WITH ORIGINAL WAR BAND UPDATED TO V. 1.153 / 1.154

-LET'S PLAY, NOW!!  :mrgreen:
First step for everyone is to choose gender, face, coat of arms and skills.
Enemies are tough sometimes, so Gabrilduro made your starting skills higher.
You have to choose where would you like to arrive. For the beginning of campaign it's easier to try to join some faction. You will come to one of the cities,where you ll be attacked by a bandit. In most of location there is a chest close to you. Open it and choose the best weapons modders put there for you!
After your win you' ll be on the New world map.
Naturally you don't need to join faction, but you' ll have a very hard life on in the beginning, being chased by bandits, paying debts and so on.

FACTIONS in 1860’s Old America :

I did change things in 1776, making many Factions, with mainly Gaston and then Celestialred trying to fix the huge problems that came out , then.
So many different issues are connected to just adding more Factions, see?
And is like playing shangay, see?....U cannot change one thing, without disturbing another... :cry:
That is why, I just decided to keep things in 1860s, like this:
-6 factions for SP
USA
CSA
US frontier
Indians of the plains
(2nd) Mexican Empire (of Maximilian von Habsburg)
Mexican rebels (Juaristas, republicans...)

-10 Factions for MP
.... and 11 factions for Custom Battles. 6 SP factions + one is M&B Outlaw. The remaining 4 MP factions will spawn with clothes and items of the Player when he starts the game.

In Single Player,after you join some faction, you will get villages. You should care good of the villagers, if you want to get money.

How can I get money?
-you'll get money from villages, towns, and forts if you own them
-you can sell armor and weapon of enemies, and them too, if you capture them.
-you can be a "businessman"- talk with a town's mayor and you can buy mill, distillery and many others, from which you'll get money every week
-if you finish some quest, you'll get money
-make Showdowns (old Arena fights and Tournament and melee fights) and get some money.
-you can attack enemy caravans to obtain expensive commodities (gun shipments, cotton bales, indigo, and tobacco) and later sell them in towns for pure profit.
-war is profitable if you're a winner; if you're able to loot villages of the enemy without getting caught, you will be able to sell a lot of loot from it.

How to get stronger army and better skills, when I have now few troops and I am often beaten by bandits?
-follow lords and marshals-bandits will run away from them, if you will help them in battle or sieges, it will improve relations, morale, skills and honour. Plus you can get money.
-doing quests for villages will get you more recruits and higher tier recruits, sometimes both.  The more the village likes you the more this happens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons Compendium http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,246326.msg6258015.html#msg6258015

Diifferences and skills of Guns in the game
There are 2 main factor for Guns:
- accuracy (this value shows) and distance you can fire at (this value is hidden).
Range value actually refers to the DAMAGE that said gun can make at distance, not its range.
Firearmsare  Bigger Guns, also some kind of artillery. They have only ONE shooting sound for all.

Small arms are the majority, instead. Some have bayonets. Press x to switch to melee. But remember you can ALWAYS parry with most of weapons, without switching to melee. Even knives!!
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186137.msg5559931.html#msg5559931
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I bought cheapest pistol but i cant fire it!
Next time check if there is written melee or shield next to it, this pistol is used as shield for melee fights and gives you that "double guns" killer look :wink: .

Training Peasants, Villagers have "big fist" equipped while I fight them with my own ones (no big fists for me
TRUE! ...but you can use kicks...and they cannot...and kicks can beat anybody, even if they take longer. See, Training Peasants was too easy, I found...and now is more real, in a Gabrilduro' s gaming view...
Why does Indian items have such high armor?[/b][/i]
To represent the terrible effect that FEAR had on white people when attacked by indians, which couldn't be made in a different way....but had to be represented because WAS there! Aiming, reloading, no panic behavior, were VERY difficult in a SUDDEN indians ambushing attacks.
But also, in order to offset the damage that is caused by the muskets. "Eastern" indians were massively armed by European factions, in change for their fighting in French Indian war (see The Last of Mohican movie the many muskets those indians had!!) But, besides those tribes, remember that most Indians only gained a rifle 2 ways: Killing a person with said weapon or through trade, so in order for Indians to survive an attack and create an "ambush/TERROR" like setting, the team wanted the items to have a higher armor. If not, the Indians as a faction would be very weak and most likely be overrun in a short time.

When I use a flag my character goes very slow.
...don' t know if that will stay like that in my next version 0.90, but I liked Standard Bearers to go slower that other ppl, in order to get shot last ...and not first!!  :mrgreen:

-HOW TO SHOOT A CANNON:
Yessssss, I finally made it!!!!!!!! In the markets you guys can find an expensive item called "Cannon balls".
Video Tutorial by Custer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKNChS4JDHw
If you siege a town, most of scenaries have stationary NOT shooting cannons.
Position yourself close to one of those, for realism, and use the Cannon Balls.
They will flow out of your hands and explode where you point them!
IT_IS_SO_MUCH_FUUUUNN!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
I left Ramrod, Hand Cannon and Gab's Artillery Sabre (my favoured!!  :cool:.
They are more accurate, but less "mimical" to fake a shooting cannon.
Also, increase TROW weapon skill to use Cannon Balls & Grenades accuracy
Increase Artillery skill for Ramrod, Hand Cannon and Gab's Artillery Sabre
Hope you all enjoy, hehehe
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,200250.0.html

Gabby
PS See also the Guideline to know wher to buy Fake Cannons to just "drop" in the battlefields  :wink:

I can't hit anything from running horse.
Slow down or stop, especially if your skills on horseback are still low.
Increasing "small arms" skills, all your shooting will improve.

When i encounter enemies, I always get bullet/tomahawk/arrow in face!
Stay away at a long distance, or keep on moving, especially on sides and attack quickly while enemies reload!

How can i win against stronger opponents?
Set your men on hill and don't let them charge or if alone, hide in the broken fort (when spawns) or in the small hideouts Gabrilduro made around the battlefield (and find the two hiding inventory chests to reload or change your weapons/equipment. If you stand close to one of those, you get enormous advantage!

How can I make Double Lines Formations?
Do yourself a double line formation ordering:

Group 1 : name it -1st line infantry-
Group 2 : name it -2nd line infantry-

First of all press CTRL+F9 to slow down game and get your time to give orders.

Then:
To make troops move faster, order quickly to HOLD fire, or they will loose time in shooting and reloading, before moving to position.

Order to ALL troops Spread out (VERY important, or the line behind will NOT shoot because the line in front is too close)
Then,  order to 1st group to hold position somewhere facing enemies, BETTER on a HILL.
Then to 2nd group order to hold position , right BEHIND THEM and in higher position, if possible, so they can shoot with no obstacles, in front of them.

Order to all troops to OPEN fire!!!!!!!!!!

How can I get free camera after death?
It is possible to have an after death camera in 1860’s O.A., but you need to be VERY fast:
As soon as you get killed, you have THREE seconds to press CTRL+E, to enter edit mode.
Then press H to remove strange colors around.
You are in After DEATH camera mode, keep pressed left mouse button to move around camera, using directional commands.
The A.I of game will automatically kill some of your men, due to loss of morale from you being knocked out, so if you had only a few, you ll lose automatically. But if they are still in good number, you'll see battle going on to the end......
Press CTRL+F9 to slow down action and see it better.

When marshal starts campaign, I don't know where is he and what to do.
View the game menu notes, it will show both.

What are the Trappers fights, Gabrilduro's Showdowns and Rendezvous and how to win?
They are to represent wild adventurers battles, for nationality hates, furs possession or simply for too much ....liquor!!!
Modders made them in the open, with beautiful scenes and covers.
So run, crouch, hide, hit and kick wisely and.... you will win.
If you want to earn 770 shillings, go to Rendez vous in towns and try to beat all opponents!

Projects and ideas on Showdowns fights:
Arena:                      Mysterious Quest OR Secret Showdowns or Secret Fights
Tournaments:            Showdowns
Tournament Master:  Mysterious Man (all in black with masked faces)

New Scenes:
-Pirate Lair
-Sewer Dungeons (few Big Cities as New york had them at that time)
-Open nature with eventually some small fortifications and else.
-Sea battles on ships scene

What can I do with prisoners?
-set them free
-sell-to ransom broker or tavern keeper
-keep them in your prisons in towns and forts

I don't want to cut enemies and shoot them!
-you can always earn money as merchant, buying goods in one town and selling in another,... but the beginnings will be tough.

Is it possible to have an after death camera in 1860?
Yes, but you need to be VERY fast.  As soon as you get killed, you have THREE seconds to press CTRL+E, to enter edit mode.
Then press H to remove strange colors around.
You are in After Death camera mode, keep the left mouse button pressed to move the camera around, using directional commands.
The A.I of game will automatically kill some of your men, due to loss of morale from you being unconscious, so if you had only a few troops, you ll lose automatically. But if they are still in good number, you'll see the battle going on to the end......
Press CTRL+F9 to slow down action and see it better.

CHEATS and different gameplay
Do you have problems with some part of the game? Are you stuck? Want to experiment different gameplay (slow motion action, horse sudden stop, see your hero fight with his A.I. etc)
Here are some cheats
AI takes over you character in battles
CTRL+F5

Completely heals you
CTRL+H

Completely heals your horse
CTRL+Shift+H

Damage yourself
CTRL+F3

Gives experience to the selected party member
CTRL+X

Gives you 1000 XP in the character screen
CTRL+X

Greatly increases all of your weapon proficiencies
CTRL+W

In the inventory it gives you 1000 Gold
CTRL+X

Knock unconscious all enemy troops
Ctrl+Alt+F4

Knocks out all enemies zoomed into. (Holding shift and looking at)
Ctrl+Shift+F4

Knocks out all of your troops
Ctrl+Shift+F6

Knocks out one of your troops
Ctrl+F6

Knocks unconcious an enemy after a number of presses
CTRL+F4

Let's you see everything except hideouts on the World Map
CTRL+T

On the World Map, teleports your party to where you click
CTRL+Left Click

Slow Motion (Press again to turn on or off)
CTRL + F9

Upgrade all available units to that path.
Ctrl + Left Click

As for end, make your army as you want, small, big, elite, made from recruits, same troops or a variety of them. Don't forget to recruit some companions at taverns, they will help you with their skills and you can think of the devs they are named after as well.

About CROUCHING, by GABRILDURO:
GABRILDURO said:
I added CROUCHING to this mod and you can have your troops crouching when they are ordered to HOLD position. After a while, they will crouch.
Some Sniper Rifles will have a FIXED position of shooting, on your knees.
But is unconfortable if you have a medium height cover, cuz u can t see!  :shock:
So I will probably only keep ONE of the Sniper rifle that way.
If you want ur troops to shoot and stand, with NO crouching, just order HOLD ur ground orCHARGE.
They will shoot from distance and will not run or crouch.

-If you want to make them run then order HOLD FIRE, and then CHARGE.

-Every time you want them to run fast to another position, or want them to follow you IMMEDIATELY, you should order the HOLD FIRE and STAND CLOSER, always (hit this order many times, 5/7. So they will GROUP a lot).

-Order ADVANCE TEN PACES if you want them to move more in a line and at the same spees, like a FORMATION. Do that many times, if you want a longer distance.

-Same thing BACKWARDS

- STEALTH walking can be done if you order HOLD POSITION to your troops, and then send them to another place, or ask hold position again. They will crouch again when reaching the new position.
To make them stand up, order HOLD FIRE. 

Troops CHEER and TEASE now, they do not just stand there like puppets!

ETC ETC

I LOVE how battles come out now, but I have few time now to write more about this.

SO: ..if  JOE, BB, or any GOOD Tester of my last version, can post new comments on it.  :razz:

If any player has questions, pls ask  :wink:

Gabby
GABRILDURO said:
ORDERS, Formations & CROUCHING
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,251630.msg5727071.html#msg5727071

99t Map tweak
Here is the solution for adjusting the Map camera to ur own taste:

Go to the Module folder of Mount&Blade Warband -Modules-1860s Old America

Find and open the Module.ini file (is easy, just a text file) and find the part that says
map_max_distance = 17.0

and modify it writing a HIGHER number, like 55 or 100.
Careful, ...or U can get a crash with a wrong value...  :eek:

This is how it looks
module_name = 1860sOldAmerica
compatible_with_warband = 1

num_hints = 150

auto_create_note_indices = 0 #Do not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

map_min_x  = -299.988495
map_max_x  = 335.036469
map_min_y  = -277.396576
map_max_y  = 310.889221
map_sea_direction = -40 #wave foam direction
map_sea_wave_rotation = 300 #This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea.
map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
map_river_direction = 140
map_river_speed_x = 0.01
map_river_speed_y = -0.01

air_friction_arrow = 0.027
air_friction_bullet = 0.017

# use meshes map_tree_a through map_tree_r on for map trees
map_tree_types = 17
map_snow_tree_types  = 3
map_steppe_tree_types = 5
map_desert_tree_types  = 4

map_max_distance = 17.0
has_tutorial = 0

time_multiplier = 0.25
seeing_range    = 5.5
track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8

# etc etc etc............
For reference the Native max map distance is 175.0

#####################################################################################################################################
-Tutorials/Modding IMPORTANT LINKS by Dellivis:

Snake's Scene Map Making Tutorial http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,139214.0.html
MP Map making tutorial by Oktawian http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222159.msg5327871.html#msg5327871
Crumbs Tutorial on importing an obj into brf:  http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2814
Morghs Mod Tools:                Topic and Download link
Open Brf :  Download Link        http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1466                          Open Brf Subforum
other links??                        Installing Mods for the first time(by Dellivis)
                                            Highelf's Coding video tutorial
                                            Highelf's Modeling video tutorial
                                            Unoffical tutorials subforum(covers just about everything)

AI mesh tutorial
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61126.0.html

#####################################################################################################################################

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Thx for doing it again all over Raddy!!  :mrgreen:
STICKIED!

Really no time to check it....but I trust your work  :cool:

Gabby

Radetzky

Count
Best answers
Hehe thank you! I have done the basic things, I am gonna add more, when i will get more detailed look at factions, then I ll include pictures too :grin:

Auldman

Knight at Arms
M&BWF&S
Best answers
I watched Dell's first tutorial just now and it is really helpful! I think I could do this here thing!

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Auldman said:
I watched Dell's first tutorial just now and it is really helpful! I think I could do this here thing!
Thx Auldie!!!
So you will taste what it means to go through all that Hell, and still have a smile on forums, ....even after working so hard with those damned Modding tools..heheh  :twisted:
Dell was so nice to add most best tutorials/suggestions on the 1st post up above (there, you have to scroll down all the way to find his note)
Gabby
PS...I hate not having time to make a tutorial on Morghs Mod Tools and Open Brf (textures/resources etc)... :evil:
THAT is what we need help the most (changing items/troops/factions skills and stuff...)

Auldman

Knight at Arms
M&BWF&S
Best answers
GABRILDURO said:
Auldman said:
Thx Auldie!!!
So you will taste what it means to go through all that Hell, and still have a smile on forums, ....even after working so hard with those damned Modding tools..heheh  :twisted:
Dell was so nice to add most best tutorials/suggestions on the 1st post up above (there, you have to scroll down all the way to find his note)
Gabby
PS...I hate not having time to make a tutorial on Morghs Mod Tools and Open Brf (textures/resources etc)... :evil:
THAT is what we need help the most (changing items/troops/factions skills and stuff...)
Well if Dell needs me to scene edit I am available  :smile: He just needs to tell me what towns etc need work on (I would like to pull down to the ground the bucket that hangs in the sky in Philadelphia in 1860's).

Did Crumbs make a tutorial? I didn't see it up there.

Dellivis

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
I didn't add crumbs tutorial since I never found it. I linked all the common tutorials that anyone can find (and yes my scene tutorial isn't up there either :razz:)

GuessWhosABoss said:
i deleted all my files for mount and blade because they got corrupted but whenever i try to uninstall it then intstall it again it installs it for steam not directly to my desktop and since i cant find the files when i open up my folder now it deleted all my mods and it wont let me retrieve it from my recycle bin because i deleted it but now it will let install it from the disk i bought from amazon does not show the modules or data or any of the other files all it shows is disk_1 when i open up the folder so now i cant play any mods though it will still let me play native please help
Having a bit of a problem understanding everything you just typed so this is a crap shoot of help. Did you delete just the module folder from M&B Warband game or did you delete the whole game because it was corrupted.

If you need to start fresh find and delete your M&B Warband folder completely from your system then try this

as for Steam trying to redownload Warband heres a trick (I bought Warband on Steam as well and this works):

1. Get your game key from Steam or just get your CD Key from your game from Amazon CD.
2. go to http://www.taleworlds.com/ and click on "my games" from your profile on the right (you may need to log in first its the same as your forum profile)
3. click on Add New Game and enter your CD key. Then after that click on add game to profile
4. you should now see your game registered on Taleworlds. At the bottom, below your serial key (which is starred out except for the last 4 letters/numbers), should be a download game.

Once your game finishes downloading it Install it wherever you wish to place it. You now have a clean Copy of M&B Warband. You can now follow the steps I previously linked in installing the mods.

Azrooh

Baron
Best answers
A tip on the 'how to make double lines' bit:
Telling them to stand closer once (f2-f4 I think?) will cause them to go into a 2-rank line with the rear rank uncovered so they can fire. It's quite a bit easier than trying to mess with 2 units :wink:

Meta2142

Sergeant
Best answers
Azrooh said:
Telling them to stand closer once (f2-f4 I think?) will cause them to go into a 2-rank line with the rear rank uncovered so they can fire. It's quite a bit easier than trying to mess with 2 units :wink:
Occasional i had to hit it twice, but other than that, it works great thanks :smile:

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Azrooh said:
Here comes the Strategy Guy from Secession, huh? AHHAHAHAH
No seriously, thx for suggestions, Az!
I noticed most of M&B players do not even know all the orders, issues and potential of the game itself!!  :shock:
Have a look at this Guideline, pls and see if smth more is missing, will you?  :wink:
Gabby

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Alan De Soison said:
Auldman said:
Did Crumbs make a tutorial? I didn't see it up there.
here crumbs Tutorial:
importing an obj into brf tutorial: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2814
Thx so much, Alan.  :wink:

TEAM-mates and Helpers: it is all up there, now....and all ready to be learned!!!!! :mrgreen:

I will have assignements for all of you as soon as you all will finish a general testing of this Mod

Gabby

Johndef

Recruit
Best answers
when I start a new game some of the factions for example emperor maximilians army and the natives are already defeated what is wrong? I would like play as the mexicans...

Bill1985

Recruit
Best answers
Can anyone tell me where the prison is in venango? im having a problem, got the quest to rescue a prisoner, but once I do away with the prison guard there is no prison door to be found? am I missing it or is it missing?

I was playing the single player version of this mod and received the rescue a lord from evil enemy lords castle quest and he's at Teramma castle. The problem is once I steal the prison keys from the guard and beat everyone up, I can't find the prison to rescue him. Help please?

Bill1985 said:
same problem here, but in Venango

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Sorry, but had to move your posts here....
PLEASE::::grin:o not open new Topics for one question that has already an answer in this Guideline section....pls check up above... :twisted:

Thx donutdude99 for helping out!!!  :grin:
I will only add to your comment that is also a "look" effect, not just a shield weapon.
Expecially for western double pistols!!!  YESSSS...  :cool: :cool:

boratlike1 said:
I just noticed my guy holding a pistol/knife in his left hand but what does he actually do with it?
donutdude99 said:
In the mod some pistols/knives are used as shields.

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
-Moved this post here-
Gengis Dhen said:
Hi Gabrilduro and thank you for your excellent work and giving me hours of free fun.
I can not believe you Modders do this for us and are not snapped up by one of the big companies... 
I tested 1755 yesterday and 1860 today and I have the same bug that I dont think anybody else has posted.
1. My given Indian companion in both mods is unstable. I can change the armours but his weapons appear randomly. Sometimes he has none, two, four, they change back to what I have given him or he uses random ones.
2. I chose my characters face from the brilliant new faces in 1860 to look like an American but wherever I start from he looks and is dressed/armed as an Indian.
3. Lilly in 1755 is sometimes invisible and on the party screen appears as just a bald head. When she is running around on the battlefield there is a ghost sprite around her. The Merchant at the start sometimes appears invisible also, the scene can not be completed and I have to shut down the game.
Has anyone else had the same problems? Any solutions?
Quick question - What is the rendezvous all about? If I have to find out myself so be it...
Thats it so far, I will keep playing and let you know further...
Gengis Dhen
Thx so much for all your compliments  :mrgreen:
I m sorry my time is so limited lately but if you read here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195645.0.html
...I am sure you will find most of answers.

Unfortunately that Guideline list is not updated since Radetzky is not active in this Topic lately anymore.

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Theotian said:
I do not know if i installed an old version of this mod or something, but as long as i can remember after a day or 2 the Mexicans and plain Indians are wiped out saying "FACTION ELIMINATED".I wanted to raise a native army and go rambo  :mrgreen: but i cant find any indians to recruit (or recruit bandits if that is possible).
What do i do  :neutral:.
Captured Joe said:
In the currently only public version of the mod (which is outdated), the Indian and Mexican factions are only there for multiplayer, and not on the singleplayer campaign map.
The latest version (which is still a closed Beta and not yet public), there is a
-Mexican,
-an Indian,
-a Western Frontiersmen,
-a Civil War Confederate,
-a CW Union,
-and an Imperial Mexican faction, all playable in the singleplayer campaign.

For multiplayer there are also factions like
-"Lawmen"
-"Outlaws"
-APACHES
-LOST ISLAND CREATURES!!!!  :twisted:
..... besides the singleplayer factions.

So you should have some patience; it is estimated the newest version will be released as a public mod at the enbd of the year.

Also, PLEASE DON'T OPEN NEW TOPICS HERE!! Use existing ones, please.