SP Musket Era Modern 1860 (A Wild West Mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

(:) Dvd (:)

Regular
It is 1864 and pioneers are drawn to the lawlessness of the American Wild West!

1860 is a mod for Mount & Blade that will remake New Mexico in the time of 1860-1870! There will be a total of three factions to ally with or attack and they are the Confedarates, the Indians, and the Rebels.

The rebels encompass the Cowboys and Bandit mini-factions. The actual factions are the Cowboys and the Bandits but they are allied. The only difference between which one you join is what missions you get.

The Indians have three mini-factions, the Apache, the Comanche, and the Navaho. The Indians are just like the rebels, allied but different missions.

The Confederates are a true faction. No strings attached.

Transportation in this mod will include:

Walking
Horses
And Horses

Weapons in this mod will be:

Big Bess (Rifle)
Springfield Rifle
Whitworth Rifle
Repeating Rifle
Hunting Rifle
Black Powder Rifle

Revolver
Long Pistol
Single-Shot Pistol
Black Powder Pistol

Knife
Hunting Knife
Commander Sword
General Sword
Curved Sword
Indian Axe
Tomahawk
Sword
Axe
Spear
Sharp Rock
Dagger

Bow
Hunting Bow
Indian Bow
Apache Bow
Comanche Bow
Navaho Bow

Tomahawk (Thrown)
Sharp Rock (Thrown)
Grenade
Spear (Thrown)
Dagger (Thrown)

Armor would really only be common on Confederate soldiers and high level units. However:

Leather Gloves
Gloves
Padded Gloves
Metal Gauntlets
Fur Gloves
Confederate Gloves

Leather Boots
Metal Boots
Boots
Fur Boots
Wooden Sandals
Confederate Boots

Vest
Padded Vest
Leather Vest
Leather & Metal Vest
Wooden Vest
Wooden Uniform
Wooden Armor
Metal Cuirass
Cowboy Vest (Hidden Vest)
Fur Coat
Confederate Uniform

The terrain will be dusty plains, grassy fields, long reaches of open space, the mighty Rio Grande, and cliffs.

Towns will be wooden settlements, Confederate outposts, bandit shack-towns, Indian tepee towns, and Dodge City. Dodge City is like New York in the game.

Big, bad, and powerful. Every faction has some influence in Dodge; from Cowboy welcomes and drinks, to organized crime from the bandits, Confederate Recruiting, and Indian traders. Dodge City is also where you learn how to fight, handle a gun, and run missions.

There are seven minor factions in the game, counting the five minor factions part of the Indian and Rebel factions. They are:

Apache (Indian)
Comanche (Indian)
Navaho (Indian)
Bandit (Rebel)
Cowboy (Rebel)
Lawmen (Dodge City)
Pony Express (Every Settlement with a Trading Post)

The Lawmen are peace-keepers. Join up with them and hunt down bandits and drunken cowboys. Put a bullet through a few heads and you will rise up the ranks quickly, not to mention getting to watch captured bandits hang.

The Pony Express is trading. Take a message or a shipment from one Trading Post and bring it to one of the other Trading Posts specified. Remember, don't lose a battle or you will lose the message!

Yes, I know it will be a lot of work, but I think I've got it. Wish me luck. (Or not. Lol.)

And no, I am not trying to copy [P]aradox's idea. I am just creating my own vision of the Wild West.

-Dvd

One demand, don't use the word "ïndians", use Native Americans (or jsut natives, or find out the name of a large tribe near there.

Come on, if it is an old west mod they need to use old west slang. They can use pale face, forked tongued devils to refer to the whites. Or other slang used by the Injuns (Native Americans).

Some days politically correct just does not work for me.
Like in Germany...can't even use a swastica on an Air Plane Reproduction toy. Or green blood so it does not offend someone.

Sorry my rant of the day is over... :evil:

'Bout damn time... :razz:

For what it's worth, I think the factions themselves should be called Native Americans (or Sioux, Chippewa, Navajo, whatever), but maybe slang could be used in conversations.

While I think that 'Natives' or 'American Natives' or even 'American Indians' would be better than the standard 'Indians' ... I don't really see this as being a major issue.

Native Americans are often referred to as 'Indians' in regards to the early years of America. It doesn't imply anything derogatory, in my opinion. There is no malicious intent of any kind by saying 'Indians' ... it is just a general term of identification.

Narcissus

"Fast! Bring the children and women away and draw yer weapons! The Native Americans are coming!"

Natives, Native Americans or the tribe name for party names etc. but in the speech, be realistic. The whites are going to call 'em indians, red-skins and whatnot. Same goes visa versa of course, with the Native Americans calling the whites names in the same way. They are a part of the atmosphere!

akuma said:
"Pony Express" some ones be playing GUN

And it is a damn great game. However, I am trying to not make this a clone of GUN. More of a Western Battle Simulator... Ya know? Native Americans (happy?) vs Cowboys!

-Dvd

Cro_Knight said:
thers already a mod in this theme that is showing results so i say pack this up adn joni him

There is always room for more mods that are in the same catagory as others ... as long as they aren't clones of each other, anyways.

Although if they want to join together and collaborate ... no problems there either. :wink:

Narcissus

Alright, in that case, this mod is effectively cancelled. Perhaps [P]aradox will hire me as an Interior maker? Or a unit creator... Or something...

Moderator(s) you can close this thread.

-Dvd

I'd just like to point out that the rifle you named, "Big Bess." Could it be the British rifle "Brown Bess"?

Gheyz0r said:
I'd just like to point out that the rifle you named, "Big Bess." Could it be the British rifle "Brown Bess"?

Damnit, I knew something was wrong. That was a mistyping on that page!

I looked it, searched for it, looked at it more, and finally said screw it; "Somone will correct me, hopefully."

The idea was that there would be a few Brown Bess' here and their, very rare.

But, this mod is dead. So it matters not.

:oops: Thanks for pointing that it. :smile:

-Dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom