1812 - Single Player Remake - Keryyn's Beta III (Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Keryyn said:
I'm going to take the time this week end to check the key and see if it's possible to change it, but this will probably be tedious as it's within the module system and i'm not really good at coding :p !

I'll keep you posted if i find an easy solution about this.

Thanks so much for all your trouble, and you could also try pming the author of the pbod mod to see if he can shed some light on this.

Looking good so far. Though I do have a couple of immersion-killing problems, but it's coming along nicely compared to the first version I downloaded (it was in Calradia, hardly anything was changed and the British leader looked like Sanjar Khan :razz:)

It seems that, upon reloading a rifle, the "reloading crossbow" sound from native plays. Also, if I start off British, I am given a French army...

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in the module ! A couple of answers for you. Yes i'm glad map is now less native like, especially due to names etc and approximate positions of real town taken into account to rename settlements ingame. Next map will be central europe, from eastern france to belarus, no more native map at all.

About the reloading sound, yes i noticed this myself, this is because muskets are set as crossbows. I don't know for sure why muskets are usually set to crossbows, either it is simpler for the AI to use it, easier to tweak from a crossbow to a firearm considering animations etc, or simply something someone did once upon a time and people just followed the example.

After all, musketes are ingame, they have their own category etc, i wonder why they are never used ... I will try someday to make a few muskets actually ... muskets ! And see how this works ...

Anyways, the reloading animation is very different for muskets, it's longer and has several stages when crossbow reloading only has one, when you pull the rope ... This make it difficult to add a reloading sound because it will have to be different for every weapon which has a faster reloading speed.

Still, i wonder if it's possible too and i'll probably look for something usable in the near future, i'm just lacking the time to search for every details like this one, there's still a lot to do to finish the next patch, and i must begin to mod Europe 1812 Beta with the new map.

I guess the core of the module won't change much until i have enough time, because if i concentrate on adding stuff like that, changing crossbow to musket and tons of things of the same kind, the module will never come out, there is always something to tweak after all ...

Of course. I just thought I would mention it; I know nothing of modding and it could have been an easy fix or a monumentally hard one!

I'm glad to see a single player Napoleonic mod. I don't think I have the time or computing power to run the Napoleonic Wars online.

(Also, how do I start with British troops?)

EDIT: Figured it out. Though I just started a new game and it put me on the native map! How odd...maybe it's something to do with the British starting army .txt?

Hi!

I dont know is this asked before but will europe map replace orginal map in future?

English_Knight said:
EDIT: Figured it out. Though I just started a new game and it put me on the native map! How odd...maybe it's something to do with the British starting army .txt?
Starting armies are using a different parties.txt which i didn't replace out of lazyness, i will provide at least one correct starting army for prussia, two for britain (kgl or highlanders) and two for french in the next patch.

Sloth said:
I dont know is this asked before but will europe map replace orginal map in future?

Keryyn said:
Next map will be central europe, from eastern france to belarus, no more native map at all.

Yes it's an issue related to the code adding the possibility to see troop health point bar in battle, coding is tedious for me, but i know about this error message and will add it to the list of things to fix inside code.

I actually can't see my or my horse's health bar because of this, makes being a hero a lot more difficult  :lol:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9955/mb27nr.jpg

Hi,

A few answers:
King85 said:
This is normal, horse and player health does not appear ingame, it makes player more careful when engaging and also add a little more realistic feel.

Agovic said:
Will Montenegro be in the game???? :grin:
Actually, i think it is on the map, and also accessible when travelling. However i don't have enough faction slot for the next beta. It will feature the area but there will be only russia, prussia, britain, and france along with two german states.

The full module Europe 1812 will feature many more factions, so if i can get them enough troop uniforms and officers name, maybe i can use a small faction to add montenegro yes, but it's nothing more than an suggestion for now ^^ !

romansrule! said:
Pictures.brf is NOT modded by the Beta III, which means, if your game is asking for it then you didn't install the Beta II before patching with beta III, make sure you overwrite your original beta II 1812 folder with the content of the 1812 Beta III patch.

Keryyn said:
Hi,

A few answers:
King85 said:
This is normal, horse and player health does not appear ingame, it makes player more careful when engaging and also add a little more realistic feel.

Agovic said:
Will Montenegro be in the game???? :grin:
Actually, i think it is on the map, and also accessible when travelling. However i don't have enough faction slot for the next beta. It will feature the area but there will be only russia, prussia, britain, and france along with two german states.

The full module Europe 1812 will feature many more factions, so if i can get them enough troop uniforms and officers name, maybe i can use a small faction to add montenegro yes, but it's nothing more than an suggestion for now ^^ !

romansrule! said:
Pictures.brf is NOT modded by the Beta III, which means, if your game is asking for it then you didn't install the Beta II before patching with beta III, make sure you overwrite your original beta II 1812 folder with the content of the 1812 Beta III patch.

OK,i fixed(hurray) it. I now get a black screen after i click my class,gender and such.

You must not choose to start as a nobleman's son, if you do, banner selection screen will be black or have severe graphical glitch which can cause crash to desktop.

Pick anything else but nobleman and it will work fine.

Note: you will be able to become a noble through merit and pick a banner of your choice later in your playthrough, no issues there.

Does anyone think there needs to be more groups of British, Prussian and French armies roaming? Or do you think there are enough.

romansrule! said:
Does anyone think there needs to be more groups of British, Prussian and French armies roaming? Or do you think there are enough.
I think there are enough, why are you asking that?

Not sure i understand either, what do you mean ? AI parties are the native lords, so there's 20 for each faction etc. On a map as small as native you can't have too many AI lords running around or it will be messy.

Back
Top Bottom