SP Musket Era 1812 Russian Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks guys)

Not all units are available for hire, as there are a lot of them. We think of something on this subject.

It is necessary to check the party balance on the map. We have options, but need confirmation. Suggestions and comments are accepted.
Osp and such will be possible in the future.

Small suggestion: Re adding recruiting from villages, however they wouldn't be official soldiers, and instead just militia/Partizani. So much worse soldiers but more available.

This is great!  Definitely the best single-player mod for a Napoleonic Wars setting for Mount and Blade Warband.  But I agree with an earlier comment that the smoke should be improved, along with the sound of the guns firing.  Still, great mod!

What is needed to do with the smoke?
In Russian villages, hired different militias, depending on the army. In the French villages can not hire nobody because we thought it was more historical.

kotofey said:
In Russian villages, hired different militias, depending on the army. In the French villages can not hire nobody because we thought it was more historical.

Ah, haven't played as Russia yet, so I'd just assumed.

Besides that, I played a bit more and the only thing I'd like to see is forming ranks and having your men volley fire.

kotofey said:

I just felt like the smoke was underdone.  I don't mean to be critical, but the smoke went away too quickly for my tastes.  It kind of took the intensity of combat away.  It also seemed a bit "thin".  So I would recommend prolonging the disappearance of the smoke, and making it thicker, creating a nice "fog" in the heat of battle.

I was under that impression too.
Also I'd suggest naming the armies '1st, 2nd, 3rd' and not '1st, 2st, 3st'. Other than some of that language stuff, very nice mod. I entered as many commander interiors as I could, they're very interesting  :smile:

Congratulations on the release. I'm having quite a bit of fun so far. I would like to see an easier way to get the specific uniforms and troops I want, though. Something like my own depot system, which should be really easy to copy.

Docm30 said:
Congratulations on the release. I'm having quite a bit of fun so far. I would like to see an easier way to get the specific uniforms and troops I want, though. Something like my own depot system, which should be really easy to copy.
Thanks.
If you want to share the code, it would be nice)
We can make maximum use it.

kotofey said:
I think it should be moved a bit further from the barrel, after a shot the smoke appears full in the musket.
A4C68FD8969E90F1FCB89505322AF8ADCB88415D

I did a sub-mod which changes musket sounds, if anyone is interested PM me

Great mod! I've been playing whenever I can. Here are some questions that I think might need some answers:

I was carrying my musket around. Carrying the musket was fine, but when I switched it to melee mode, my right hand was carrying the musket (also, while my musket was held by right hand, the musket was on my shoulder) while the left hand seems to be holding something invisible. When I switched back to my firing mode, the musket was carried by both hands. Was this how people carried muskets back then?

Another bug is that sometimes when defeating/killing the enemy, their hand and(sometimes) musket starts flying. They land somewhere else, duplicating the hand and musket. However, this duplicate of hand and musket can't be picked up.

Also, no one in the game uses bayonets (well, some people use bayonets. The only people that I saw that was using their bayonets were Russian Grenadiers. Other than that, no one else.

Overall, this mod is great. You should have crouching, formations, able to have hold fire without stopping the reloading of muskets, all fire now and much more.

maater66241 said:
Great mod! I've been playing whenever I can. Here are some questions that I think might need some answers:

I was carrying my musket around. Carrying the musket was fine, but when I switched it to melee mode, my right hand was carrying the musket (also, while my musket was held by right hand, the musket was on my shoulder) while the left hand seems to be holding something invisible. When I switched back to my firing mode, the musket was carried by both hands. Was this how people carried muskets back then?

Another bug is that sometimes when defeating/killing the enemy, their hand and(sometimes) musket starts flying. They land somewhere else, duplicating the hand and musket. However, this duplicate of hand and musket can't be picked up.

Also, no one in the game uses bayonets (well, some people use bayonets. The only people that I saw that was using their bayonets were Russian Grenadiers. Other than that, no one else.

Overall, this mod is great. You should have crouching, formations, able to have hold fire without stopping the reloading of muskets, all fire now and much more.

Yes, with the animation of muskets shortcomings. But for now, we will not fix it.

Yes, I saw that weapon flies away from the unit, but I do not know why this is happening.

I do not know how to make use infantry bayonets. If there is a solution - write to.

Back
Top Bottom