1776 American Revolution Fan Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Sure!
...that s the "metis" Gabrilduro getting his lance ready for stabbing Tarlenton!!  :twisted: hehehe

They are all very nice Joe....nobody comments cuz otherwise they have to post theirs...hehehe
Upss, I have too, then...here it goes  (talking about 30 yars ago, sonny...hehehe  :oops: ).

http://img59.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=immag0798.jpg

Gab

You only need practising, lots and lots of practising. :smile:

GABRILDURO said:
Sure!
...that s the "metis" Gabrilduro getting his lance ready for stabbing Tarlenton!!  :twisted: hehehe
Indeed, although "Tarleton" could be an other British Legion officer as well.
(His pose is inspired by the way Colonel Tavington, of the movie The Patriot, attacks from the saddle; the coolest character from that movie, IMO.)

Captured Joe said:
You only need practising, lots and lots of practising. :smile:

GABRILDURO said:
Sure!
Indeed, although "Tarleton" could be an other British Legion officer as well.
(His pose is inspired by the way Colonel Tavington, of the movie The Patriot, attacks from the saddle; the coolest character from that movie, IMO.)
The picture of the Brunswick troops belong to ''Regiment Von Riedesel'' I know this because I am in that reenacting group and I have a full Regiment von Riedesel grenadier uniform! he he, and yes, the cap you drew was for the Riedesel lights, ( light infantry) Although they did not carry a pistol box on the sides like that. If you have any information that they did, please let me know! :smile:))

Captured Joe said:
Well, on his right side is a Cartridge Box, and on his left is the Scabbard of his Light Infantry Sabre. I didn't draw a Pistol Box there. :smile:

By the way, do you have pictures of your regiment?
Indeed I do, many many in fact. I could possible post them, I just hate that website upload site, it is so complicated ha ha.

A new drawing; I got the idea from GABRILDURO's last post on this topic: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,232971.0.html

The attack:
tekenboekje32001.png

A Light Infantryman of the King's Royal Regiment of New York, charging forward with an Indian ally.
Loyalist light infantry like this one were heavily influenced by the Indians in their way of warfare against their revolutionary opponents; He is also wearing Indian Mocassins instead of European shoes.

....cannot believe that I did not comment this piece of Art!!  :shock:
I do remember admiring it time ago.... :oops:

And some particulars like -He is also wearing Indian Mocassins instead of European shoes.-
...or the way they keep their weapons (a tomahawk is spawning there, held together with the rifle s barrel...  :cool: )
Great jOB  Joe!  :cool:
Gab

Captured Joe said:
This one cost me a lot of time, but it's not completely a failure; I present thee,

"Long Boots" (AKA Sonderführer Von Ochs) meets his Iroquois allies

If you wonder who those guys on the left are, I can tell you they're all Brunswick troops in Brittish service. From left to right:
Brunswick light infantryman; Br. Musketeer (line infantryman); Sonderführer (NCO/officer for special units) Von Ochs (my current in-game char); Brunswich dismounted Dragoon; Iroquois Chief (I think); Warrior; Squauw.

There is that box with Muskets. On it there stands: Musköten. Which language is displayed here? if it is german it should be Musketen. Just to inform you :grin:

Back
Top Bottom