SP - Player, NPCs & Troops 16 as Starting Age Option

Users who are viewing this thread

A minimum starting age of 20 is arbitrary and strangely old for the setting, as even excluding fantasy fiction Alexander conquered the Maedi at only 16. I'd like to see an option to start at 16 since this is old enough to support all character creation options and (more importantly) the age characters stop being immortal.

For handling the focus/attribute points, either
1: Give 16 year olds no "free" points beyond their background (it's hard mode)
2: Give them no "free" attribute, but keep focus points
3: As above, but give them an extra focus point in exchange for losing the attribute (my preferred option)
3: Give one of the above and give characters under 20 a slight (smaller than one point) bonus to renown earned while they're under 20 (ala female player characters in original M&B/Warband).

A minimum starting age of 20 is arbitrary and strangely old for the setting, as even excluding fantasy fiction Alexander conquered the Maedi at only 16. I'd like to see an option to start at 16 since this is old enough to support all character creation options and (more importantly) the age characters stop being immortal.

For handling the focus/attribute points, either
1: Give 16 year olds no "free" points beyond their background (it's hard mode)
2: Give them no "free" attribute, but keep focus points
3: As above, but give them an extra focus point in exchange for losing the attribute (my preferred option)
3: Give one of the above and give characters under 20 a slight (smaller than one point) bonus to renown earned while they're under 20 (ala female player characters in original M&B/Warband).
+1

I tried to lower the age of the heroes, if the border reaches early adolescence, then immunity to damage is turned on, like in children.
And the difference of 4 years, with a step of 10, does not look significant enough.

Here's a start at 10 years old - yes, hardcore :smile:

Oh, I'd love to have that too and the immortality dropped (you currently need a mod to remove it), but given it was added in the first place, I requested 16 as it had a far better chance of happening.

Calradian Teenagers in control? Is it because you want to start a 'mule gang' of some sort?

Seriously, despite the common "history lesson' notion" that antic and middle ages forced people to grow up quicker... Were they really that independent and mature at the age of 16? Aristotle wrote that Alexander turned 16 and led the army of his hardened veteran soldiers and crushed the rebellion? Was it before or after his greatest conquests? Wouldn't be wise to assume he was merely watching and learning under his father's trusted commanders to be better prepared for what was about to come later? I know he was a prodigy child in his times, but still... He fought his first battle at the age of 18 and it was still under his father's nose. (Summary on Maedi Campaign)

Caesar Augustus -> first battle at 21. Genghis Khan -> At least 18 when started his campaigns.

Besides the history rubbish and so-called immersion. There is even not enough gameplay in Bannerlord to justify more than one lifespan...

Player characters in most settings are atypical, and the PC literally begins sandbox mode without a single living relative or friend, so it's not like they're in a stable apprenticeship. Also of note is that "Being forced out of your home" is one of the possible motivations from classic/Warband.

Back
Top Bottom