15 minute ban for leaving needs rework... or matchmaking does

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I have no issue with a temporary ban for leavers, it can make skirmish very annoying if half your team decides to leave...

BUT

what taleworlds decided to implement is innately stupid when combined with their horrible (non-existent?) matchmaking system.

WHY?

1. You can get matched in the middle of a match, into a team that will be losing 0-2 before you get to spawn, and easilly can be only 3-4 people including you (the new person connecting); why would anyone want to play one or two rounds completely outnumbered against people that will have more points to spend because they were winning for 2 rounds straight (let's not talk about the point system here, it's clearly illogical and unbalanced to give more and more points to the winning team since it leads to even more defined snowball steam-rolling in skirmish games- I don't know who thought that was a good idea for a balanced game mode, but it doesn't really seem like enough thought has been put into it).

2. You can get matched into the same game you just left. You're playing a match, you see that the other team is all premade and you are stuck with 5 people that have no idea how to play skirmish (or multplayer, for that matter). After a round or two of playing 1v6, your 5 teammates have a combined total of 2 kills. Disclaimer: I play this game to have fun, and games like that just aren't fun (the opposite of that, more like). So, you decide not to waste more time on a lost cause, and leave the match. You restart the matchmaking, and 10 seconds later you're connecting... to the same match. You leave and get a 15 minute ban.

So my suggestion would be to either make these two options impossible:

Removing connecting mid match is a tough sell since then the team losing player/s is at a disadvantage (even though I have played games where someone would disconnect and my team wouldn't get another player for next 2-3 rounds anyway, and that happens far more often than you would expect) and not having a chance of another player connecting would suck. This is definitely something that is hard to deal with.

Not being able to connect to the same game you just left is something that needs to be implemented, and it shouldn't be too hard. If not that, why not just make it so you get a 15 minute ban after every single disconnect, it literally has the same effect if you get reconnected to the same sh*tshow you were running away from only a minute ago- it makes no sense.

These are just my preliminary thoughts on this new leaver ban system, if I come up with better solutions, I will add them here.

Would love to hear your thoughts on it, guys.

ive been asking for skill based matchmaking for weeks now... I dont play enough to leave enough games and im probably one of the few vets who enjoy bannerlord skirmish. even with all its flaws.

ive been asking for skill based matchmaking for weeks now... I dont play enough to leave enough games and im probably one of the few vets who enjoy bannerlord skirmish. even with all its flaws.

Yep, that's really something that is needed at this point. Matchmaking is kind of a joke, and at least few small things could be done quite fast and easy that would improve quality of skirmish.

Yep, that's really something that is needed at this point. Matchmaking is kind of a joke, and at least few small things could be done quite fast and easy that would improve quality of skirmish.
will see once ranked actually hits since there seems to be no intention of introducing sbmm into casual skirmish, hope they implement ranked in the next few months

will see once ranked actually hits since there seems to be no intention of introducing sbmm into casual skirmish, hope they implement ranked in the next few months

I hope ranked will be without steam friends taken into account? Otherwise it's not ranked, it's hanged. I refuse to play any sort of MM until this feature is introduced.

For your information, we have increased allowed leave count to 2 and decreased block duration to 5 minutes until there is a better solution.

What about getting connected to same game you just left a minute ago? Is there a way to remove that possibility?

It can be done but I am not sure if design team would want a temporary solution considering matchmaking will likely change a lot and it isn't simple enough to include in next patch. Like what if player disconnected due to an internet connection, crash etc and would prefer joining to the same game. Handling different scenarios like this would require some work. With proper testing and normal release schedule, 3 weeks earliest.

It can be done but I am not sure if design team would want a temporary solution considering matchmaking will likely change a lot and it isn't simple enough to include in next patch. Like what if player disconnected due to an internet connection, crash etc and would prefer joining to the same game. Handling different scenarios like this would require some work. With proper testing and normal release schedule, 3 weeks earliest.
does this mean we will actually get sbmm or does the design team not want it at all? Would be nice to know so i can stop spamming this **** 24/7

does this mean we will actually get sbmm or does the design team not want it? Would be nice to know so i can stop spamming this **** 24/7

I don't know what kind of SBMM you would prefer but ranked matchmaking is planned. It can be MMR or some other way of matchmaking, I don't know yet. And as far as I know, it is one of the prioritized features, not a distant maybe.

I don't know what kind of SBMM you would prefer but ranked matchmaking is planned. It can be MMR or some other way of matchmaking, I don't know yet. And as far as I know, it is one of the prioritized features, not a distant maybe.
For the casual queue, idm in which form whatsoever, even a temporary solution would be nice. I dont know how obsolete a ranked queue would make the need to have sbmm in casual queue. I dont have any data on that tbh, nor how long it takes for the ranked queue to be implemented. SBMM is a hot topic anyways, i still think its an absolute necessity for this game.

I'm just glad that that it's high on the list, unlike coop for campaign (unfortunately). I honestly really wished multiplayer would have persistent character leveling, similar to what crpg had, since it showed that the feature was one of the strongest reasons for retaining highest number of players in multiplayer for warband back then (persistent sense of progression, massive amounts of customization, etc). Not saying taleworlds team should mimic everything donkeys did, but that feature is definitely somehting that is quite needed for casuals to return again and again, and also for veterans to form a stable competitive scene. just my two cents

I'm just glad that that it's high on the list, unlike coop for campaign (unfortunately). I honestly really wished multiplayer would have persistent character leveling, similar to what crpg had, since it showed that the feature was one of the strongest reasons for retaining highest number of players in multiplayer for warband back then (persistent sense of progression, massive amounts of customization, etc). Not saying taleworlds team should mimic everything donkeys did, but that feature is definitely somehting that is quite needed for casuals to return again and again, and also for veterans to form a stable competitive scene. just my two cents
we got levels? dont think they put that in for funsies

Then add reconnect, that is such a lame excuse why that is in the game, i'm sorry to say.

we got levels? dont think they put that in for funsies

And the levels are completely irrelevant lol, they do absolutely nothing.

Then add reconnect, that is such a lame excuse why that is in the game, i'm sorry to say.

Why would we spend 3 weeks on something that will change soon after? Why are you making one single sentence bold and taking it out of context? I didn't say we can't add reconnect, I said things like that would mean it is not a simple change and that it would require min 3 weeks.

Why would we spend 3 weeks on something that will change soon after? Why are you making one single sentence bold and taking it out of context? I didn't say we can't add reconnect, I said things like that would mean it is not a simple change and that it would require min 3 weeks.
a reconnect or sbmm?

I bolded out what I was refering to in my reply. A person disconnecting that wants to get back into the same game is very very rare compared to a person disconnecting from a match and not wanting to have anything to do with that team anymore. My bad if I didn't make that more obvious. Also, you know better how long such a change would take, but I was talking about the "excuse" referring to those few people that would want reconnect after leaving.
Completely unrelated- I love that Kavinsky profile pic, guy is super underrated :wink:

Back
Top Bottom