1257AD v1.11 English Translation [Complete] - Troops, NPCs, and Factions

Users who are viewing this thread

If you're using Windows 7, file permissions get a bit wonky, and changing them around can be a pain in the rear.  The system won't always inform you when it refuses to modify files, either. I had that problem when using Morgh's.

No change for me either. Annoying to read everything in Latin. All I want is English. /cry

Edit: Put it into the languages folder in the mod instead of the main directory. It works, oops. Potential fix for anyone not able to get it working in the future. Place the patch into the main directory!

dukoncool said:
The ruler of Holy Roman Empire is..... King Rich of Cornwall, not emperor???????

That is correct, Richard was crowned by archbishop of Cologne, thus giving him the title "Romanorum Rex" (King of the Romans). Only rulers crowned also by a pope could bear the title "Sancti Imperator Romanus".

I was pretty uncomfortable with all the latin names and such when I installed 1.1 so this helps a lot, I really appreciate it !

I noticed that compared to 1.03, certain titles hin Lord names have changed such as Siegneur to Sire. Isn't siegneur more accurate for a  french feudal lord, or is Sire a better translation ?

Edit: I get it now, I thought the translations were Latin to english only haha.

Some of the translations are not correct. For example, when I started a custom battle with army of Kingdom of Serbia all the units were Russian.

As you can here:

hIdU0kz.jpg

snTg2Mg.jpg

Cheers.

I've made several changes to jacex's translation, mainly in regard to lord and faction names (he completely forgot to list the Kingdom of Bohemia as the 42nd faction), but I honestly don't remember all the changes. Some lord names can be pretty long, so there are two versions.

Download Links (Remove the spaces)
Lord name and titles (e.g. Philippe de Montfort, Lord of Toron and Tyre)
https://m e g a.c o .n z/#!EsE3BDqY!17Yx-JHwp7Yq_KoPcvdBzA6KDl0yx2LmKgHTfSGRP3c

No titles (e.g. Lord Philippe de Montfort)
https://m e g a.c o . n z/#!w9Nj3KYL!gOuS5WJAm4lX2MhKw2gZMpVvLVX3cx8csZViKUcG7D8

Bithon said:
How about you fix the god damn Serbian troops you little pickle!  :mrgreen:
That's only a problem during Custom Battle, ingame the Kingdom of Serbia actually spawns Serbian troops (e.g. Serbian Standardbearer, Axeman, etc.). What is a problem is Iberian troops spawning in the Italian city-states, but changing the names would be misleading as they actually spawn Iberian equipment, same thing goes for the Greek Spearmen and Swordsmen, they have reversed proficiencies, but spawn the correct equipment as-is. The recommended fix is to go into Morgh's and adjust the proficiencies for each troop.

Anyways, I made a small update to the translations, most notably changing some lady names to ones correspondent to their factions, but a few other consistency fixes were also made.

Download Links

Titles (e.g. Philippe de Montfort, Lord of Toron and Tyre)
https://mega.nz/#!B8dTDTAQ!YQRDWZA28AMfqgIBhQ4Il8mikdRf08dixejmvLR2VHE

No Titles (e.g. Lord Philippe de Montfort)
https://mega.nz/#!Q9Nk0QjY!RQHwiQQDMgWEWvpCVhi7NfBfrMwK_GVuE6hMR4mkGgQ

EDIT (Oct 15): corrected some lord names, changed latin "Custodes" to "Patrol", renamed the Empire of Nicaea to Byzantine Empire and changed the plural of "guisarmer" to "guisarmers" along with changing "Teutonic Gisarmier" to "Teutonic Guisarmer" for consistency.

Did I install it wrong, I have the frankish veteran crossbowman but still have groups of deserti and flors (or something, should be looters) running about

BattlePanda said:
Did I install it wrong, I have the frankish veteran crossbowman but still have groups of deserti and flors (or something, should be looters) running about

Parties take a while to update on saved games, they will change eventually so don't worry.

Great news, thanks. But I am conflicted about using it. Playing the game with original names made me feel alien (read realistic, like I was discovering this new strange land of AD 1257) when I was stuck with troops or heroes names of which I could not pronounce. So I had to learn something about them and look up word meaning and pronunciation -  expanding my horizons or take the easy and ignorant way out and avoid the ones I did not know (I tried both).

Does anyone have a mirror? The Mega link refuses to work for me

EDIT: Works now

EDIT": I spoke too soon, all I got was a broken archive. What's going on with Mega?

Does this work with Angry Peasant Edition 1.13, the version that came out on December 13th, 2015?

I'm afraid to install it in case it breaks everything. I recently had that happen with a mod for Viking Conquest and it seriously sucked.

I made some edits to the existing translations.

Am I allowed to host it somewhere?

It has native-language lord names, but English troops and I also made edits to faction names and villages/cities/towns, particularly in Scandinavia.

Back
Top Bottom