1257 source

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikephoros

Section Moderator
Seeing how the future of the mod looks kinda grim, and how there are tons of fans out there who can't wait to put their hands on the code to make the changes they want, would it be possible to release the source for the mod, or at least give "official" consent to those who are willing to make new versions or sub-mods?

I don't think i'm going to do anything like that myself, but i guess it's full of people out there who want to fiddle with your module files, if you know what i mean  :lol:

Not anytime soon. We have people clamming our mod as there own original content without the source already. I imagine this would only make them appear more often.

Perhaps after 1.0 is officially released, then possible. but we would need to discuss this among ourselfs first - so no promises.

please consider, as M&B 2 is on the horizon, this here is bound to get outdated and die away in times not far away.

What value would there be in in holding onto "rights" over something like this.

If you don't want to work on it anymore, what value is there in containing the source only to yourself?

it's not like you could sell this in 50 years for big amount of moneyz:wink:

please consider our deepest thankfullness for your work you have done to create this, but maybe you'D even value your efforts more if you let this survive on when you are gone.

DrTomas said:
Not anytime soon. We have people clamming our mod as there own original content without the source already. I imagine this would only make them appear more often.

Perhaps after 1.0 is officially released, then possible. but we would need to discuss this among ourselfs first - so no promises.
Keep up dev team... some things have to be done... complete the musterpeace...(please)... then we see... :wink:

poncratias said:
Well no, but some Chinese kid where selling the mod a few months back. Think what could they sell if they had the source as well!

poncratias said:
please consider, as M&B 2 is on the horizon, this here is bound to get outdated and die away in times not far away.

If you don't want to work on it anymore, what value is there in containing the source only to yourself?

please consider our deepest thankfullness for your work you have done to create this, but maybe you'D even value your efforts more if you let this survive on when you are gone.
Tomas has already make the point clearly. He didnt give either a positive or a negative answer. And I think by the end of the development, they will give us an answer. So as far as the source code concern, we should respect their decision because it is them who created the legend.

DrTomas said:
poncratias said:
Well no, but some Chinese kid where selling the mod a few months back. Think what could they sell if they had the source as well!
I'm not really familiar with that story. What about it?

poncratias said:

Textures and models from one 3D game can translate or transition to another with modest effort. Judging from the slight release of info, Bannerlord wouldn't look vastly different. I mean there would be an incentive still for someone to steal work done for no money. This mod isn't ended yet. There have been a good rate of SVN updating recently.

Back
Top Bottom