1257 AD Performance thread (+some tips)

Users who are viewing this thread

i made some test in custom battle in native, and support well 110 troops with direct 9... but then i tried another mod and crash, just work for me in direct 7 and with lot of less battle size! why is that? its so many difference the mods with the native?

If I take a look on your PC I think it's because it is a bit old. It hurts to say such things because I know how it is...but it didn't change it  :neutral:
As long you followed the tutorials the only things you can do are to modify your settings in a way that your game is most stable and don't go to locations that crash your game. The beautiful big town scenes are such monsters.

May I ask for your help? I get continously crushes with the latest updates 253 included. It gives me the same message " Error on creating shaders : Out of video memory" and yet in the options menu I have 152% estimated performance, with my present settings, while I manage to run rev 232 in my laptop with only 63%. Any ideas?

Out of video memory sounds like your graphic card is the one. I think you have checked load textures on demand? You are saying this happens on your laptop? Sounds like your laptop isn't fit for this game with this mod.

Sorry, I'm not saying your laptop itself is unstable. But 63% performance means that it isn't very good for Warband. Then this huge mod is in need for much more hardware power than native itself. This leads to the point where Warband can be unstable on older computers.
My rare experiences with these video memory error is that it's mostly to much to load for the graphic card. The huge detailed scenes of the mod are one part of this problem. Another part are the high quality textures.
The only idea I get to prevent crashes would be to reduce your graphic settings to the minimum.

But if your graphic card is really strong enough for the game you can also try to update you driver. Maybe there is some memory bug with your current driver.

Worst case would be if your graphic card is damaged. But in this case you would see equal problems in other games, too.

Btw. I have rev 254. Maybe this fixes your problem.

Thans for the reply but my laptop does fine.. my problem is my desctop wich has 157% performance for the game and gives me that crushes wich I DON't have with my laptop...maybe my English is not good enough and I can't make my self clear...

Awright guys, I need your help. :grin:
I'm buying a new laptop - yeah, desktop is better for plahing, I know.
Coming to 1257 (which, together with Bryt seems to be the heaviest mod), I was thinking to buy a
Lenovo IdeaPad Z580

Specs:

CPU Intel Core i5 3210M -
Ram 8Gb - HD 1Tb -
NVidia GeForce GT 635M
Windows 8
15,6''

would it be suitable? Consider I don't care too much about battlesizers.

Almost 6 year old post, but I've never more had the feeling of ''real heroes dont wear capes, they live on the internet''

Thanks OP, saved another one.

Edit: Nvm, keep getting runtime errors now.

Back
Top Bottom