SP Medieval 1217 AD Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

If you're aiming for historical accuracy, the great helm, ailettes, surcoats with coat of arms and separate coifs with round hems are way off. There would be early surcoats but most would be of plain colours. Most armours of this period were simple hauberks with attached mittens and coifs, some had ventails but primiraly they were laced tight around the face and neck. The first helm shown in the image is more on target for 1217. Do not use the material DrTomas has as inspiration, there's half a century worth of technological improvements in-between, the sources reflect this and the arms and armours of either times change drastically. I'd advice looking at sources here: https://manuscriptminiatures.com/ and restricting the search to 1190-1220 or so.

bannerlord default armors are absolute ****. recommend you update them with custom tabards and surcoats with proper chausses

Looks really nice! Since I am Czech and a history student (Master's degree accomplished, PhD. on the way), i would like to help you with the Bohemia part. For example the Czech translations in the troop tree needs some polishing, as well as the list of clans and fiefs. And of course I would help you with whatever you would need. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

If you want to see this mod succeed and you know any body who could help it would be great if you could point them in this direction, if I had an active team I would continue to work on the mod but right now it just seems like a waste of time when it takes my so long to get something done by the time I do the game has updated and it doesn't work anymore

For those not in the discord.
A bit late.

Back
Top Bottom