Dark Ages Medieval 1066 Anno Domini

Users who are viewing this thread

It would suck to be on the losing end of two historical battles. And I say this as a person who prefers King Harold Godwinsson over William the Bastard of Normandy. I have read that after Hastings, so many English men-at-arms left England to serve in the Varangian Guard that the Varangian Guard become known as the "English Guard." I would rather that they had stayed in England and fought for their own kingdom.

EIq1I.jpg

Looking forward to this, it's a very interesting time for a lot of young nations vying for power over England. One question though; Will you be adding the Danes, either as an existing faction, an emerging faction or as a mercenary faction?

I'm thinking namely of Sweyn II of Denmark, who arrived in Eastern England in 1069 with a sizeable army and navy, offering help to Edgar Atheling and the Anglo-Saxon and Northumbrian rebels in a bid to reclaim the territory which had belonged to his uncle Cnut the Great.
He went on to eventually occupy all of Northumbria and capture York, and held it until William the Conqueror decided to offer an exuberant sum of Danegeld for Sweyn to abandon his conquest and return home.

While Sweyn agreed and pulled his army out of England, it's not unlikely that a good deal of Danish mercenaries stayed behind to join the Anglo-Saxon rebels for a chance of spoils and glory (Edgar's exile notwithstanding). Many were battle-hardened veterans who had come to England precisely for those reasons and did not like Sweyns decision to abandon a successful conquest for a fat payoff.

Perhaps this event could also be reflected in the mod as a special unit available to the Anglo-Saxons after 1070, or/and maybe a follower?
Just a thought, anyway. Thanks for reading.

This is the mod I was hoping to see on Bannerlord. So far, it's really the only one I'm interested in. Great model work so far, can't wait to see it all come to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom