Need More Info 100% disc usage, huge stuttering problem

Users who are viewing this thread

So I made a negative review on this game due to the fact I have a problem with 100% disc usage and the game is constantly stuttering because of that. The developer Callum said to make a bug report on the forums with my specs, so I will do that.

Ram : 8 GB
Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB
Processor : Intel I7-8750H 12 CPUS
Hard Drive : HGST Travelstar 7K1000 HTS721010A9E630 (0J22423) 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5"

I'm currently using a HHD, when my new SSD arrives I will try the game again and let you know of the results. As of now, the game is unplayable even at the lowest settings.

Update : Tried it on my SSD and it still stutters and takes too long to load.

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same issue! I didn't check to see if it's because of 100% disc usage, but I assume that's what mine is doing. I have a NVIDIA GPU as well, so I'm assuming it may be a common problem among NVIDIA cards?
My specs are:
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5-8600k (6 CPUs)
Hard Drive: not sure, but I run a hard drive with intel optane

I'm experiencing the same issue! I didn't check to see if it's because of 100% disc usage, but I assume that's what mine is doing. I have a NVIDIA GPU as well, so I'm assuming it may be a common problem among NVIDIA cards?
My specs are:
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
Processor: Intel i5-8600k (6 CPUs)
Hard Drive: not sure, but I run a hard drive with intel optane

Seems to be an issue with hard disk drives, not gpu. As my disc usage is at 100% while cpu, memory and gpu are relatively normal. The hdd is having trouble loading everything in bannerlord and that's why it stutters is my best guess.

Seems to be a trend among Nvidia cards. Haven't experienced any memory leaks as far as I can tell, but the game is barely playable at all.

I got an SSD, installed the game on it and it still stutters. The FPS is good, even on the maximum settings in 1080p but lowest or highest it still stutters and loading times are too long. At first I thought it was my HDD, but after experimenting on my SSD, the optimization is poor is my final thought.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.
4.13.2022 still same problem. FPS is good on High or low settings. But game freezing, stops on 3-5 sec than work, than stos again. P.S. Game bought in EGS

This issue still persists

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With that data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.
  • Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.
Hey! Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you send the telemetry data.

Back
Top Bottom