10 postulates of Hairless aka how to make ur game better

Users who are viewing this thread

08XZIvb.png

1. Nerf cav to the point of it being dnabraW of level op, not current broken ****.(remove WW/SS, nerf couch/reduce lance dmg). Nerfing horse hp is not needed. Make it like warband that if you stab cavalry with a spear, you also deal damage to rider, not just horse.
2. Make all movement speeds of troops the same, with only infanntry being slightly faster to the point when chasing kiting <say what now?> is acceptable.
3. One hands should start deal proper dmg to cav.
4. Give back chambers, proper holds, make kicks easier to punish. Complexity is what will save the inf, not throwings adjustments.
5. Remove throwing spears, only keep weak javs (not light javs tho).
6. Make armour mean something.
7. Possibly remove stances, they look cool and **** but add RNG and negate skill.
8. 2 hands from archers needs to be gone forever.
9. Make weapon proficiencies work, so inf swings faster.
10. Increase infantries hp.

@AVRC @NIN3

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be really nice to get some comment from devs on these points to see whats their actual view on the current melee combat and plans to improve it.

For 2, I would add reduce the weight of shields. In general I think we could do with some more combat testing as the movement and combat timings still need tweaked imo.

I also still think a slight turncap is needed while attacking, could tie into 4.

8. 2 hands from archers needs to be gone forever.

@AVRC @NIN3
Change perks so that they cost gold rather than are free, in that case we will be one step closer to bringing WB equipment system.
Make that 2H perk cost so much gold that you will need to make a decision between better armor and bow vs 2hand.

For 7. I don't agree also for 4. because they will ruin the combat and we will have to learn it from 0 once again. I like the current combat the rest of the changes are good.

For 7. I don't agree also for 4. because they will ruin the combat and we will have to learn it from 0 once again. I like the current combat the rest of the changes are good.

The current melee combat system doesn't exist, there's nothing to master as an infantry in this game, if you like current combat ur either were too **** at warband or a retard, pick one for urself that suits you

Xd learn again? Proper fight? So you wont be able to make ur ultimate move thats right attack untill end of the world? Combat worked Well in wb without ridicolous stances. It would work even better in bl with bls animation.

Yes yes much good.
Only i'd say no need to remove WW/SS
Just limit it or in other words put a cooldown on how much it can be done.
For example: Now u can do whatever infinitly
But instead : Press WW and then no SS for you for 1 or 2 seconds
Press SS and no WW for 1 or 2 seconds.
Might not sound like much but..

The current combat system doesn't exist, there's nothing to master as an infantry in this game, if you like current combat ur either were too **** at warband or a retard, pick one for urself that suits you
1st of all I guarantee you I have more hours on warband than you and I did not play competitive I spend my time playing mercenaries and NW.To implement chambers they will have to destroy the whole ****ing combat and rebuild it so I doubt they will do it. I play that since september 2019 and I've see complete change of combat twice and it's not fun at all.
As for you my friend I'd say the trash player here is you since you cry about the current combat cuz you get smacked too much.If anything has to be changed is kicks being more punishable and cav knockdown being 50% faster.

Last edited:
Yes yes much good.
Only i'd say no need to remove WW/SS
Just limit it or in other words put a cooldown on how much it can be done.
For example: Now u can do whatever infinitly
But instead : Press WW and then no SS for you for 1 or 2 seconds
Press SS and no WW for 1 or 2 seconds.
Might not sound like much but..
Interesting proposition which would probably be better. I never played warband mp, but when i watch videos cav movement looks prerty hillarious :smile:

Death I literally quadruple hit you in a match we played and due to the lack of turncap and the return speed timing, that's almost impossible to do to anyone even vaguely aware of timings, and my melee is simply average. Arni meanwhile just beat the previous top duellists in a tournament and was one of the best infantry players of all time in WB.

I don't think this thread should be about penis measuring but when it comes to melee I think Arni knows more.

dude I literally have 200 hours on bannerlord multiplayer and can annihilate pretty much anyone from bannerlord in melee fight, while being merely a warband player, simple because bannerlord combat system is trash and has nothing to master, you literally can't do anything in this game except simple hits, with addition of kick slashes in battle/duel + feints in duels, meanwhile in warband you could do:

Chambers; reactive inverse chambers to hit people through block; chambers with holding afterwards to confuse enemy; holds; spamming; actually play around ur footwork to do outranges on everyone, even in battle etc I can continue this list forever, but the thing is anyone with more brain cells than a headcrab can realise the warband combat is superior to bannerlord

Death I literally quadruple hit you in a match we played and due to the lack of turncap and the return speed timing, that's almost impossible to do to anyone even vaguely aware of timings, and my melee is simply average. Arni meanwhile just beat the previous top duellists in a tournament and was one of the best infantry players of all time in WB.

I don't think this thread should be about penis measuring but when it comes to melee I think Arni knows more.
I am not saying most changes are not good, but rather that the only way for them to implement them is start from 0 so the risk of new combat not being accepted by the community exists.As for Arni I am aware he's one of the best duelists in Bannerlord.I spoke with devs about chambers in the past and they said It's going to be very hard to implement them in the same way as warband which will cause for everyone to start learning a brand new combat.If you spend so long playing with this combat to start from square 0 feels kinda sad for the players who mastered the current more simple combat.

4. Give back chambers, proper holds, make kicks easier to punish. Complexity is what will save the inf, not throwings adjustments.
Yes to this. Current infantry fights are just swing, feint and kick.
It really doesn't matter if you have to "relearn" inf combat, if current combat is what it is.
6. Make armour mean something.
I'm not sure about meaning of this, but isn't heavy infantry already tanky as hell? Swords usually do jack **** to heavy inf. It just bows, cavs and maces that do the work.

I am not saying most changes are not good, but rather that the only way for them to implement them is start from 0 so the risk of new combat not being accepted by the community exists.As for Arni I am aware he's one of the best duelists in Bannerlord.I spoke with devs about chambers in the past and they said It's going to be very hard to implement them in the same way as warband which will cause for everyone to start learning a brand new combat.If you spend so long playing with this combat to start from square 0 feels kinda sad for the players who mastered the current more simple combat.
I think everyone should be able to get behind making combat better I don't see why this would be controversial at all. It will be difficult sure, but that's why I think the combat testing would be a good thing to start again so everyone can experiment and come to a consensus.

I'd rather them fix cav,kicks,knockdown and release custom servers.That's what will bring the player base back not the rework of combat.Yes for competitive warband players it's importnant, but I think there are better things Taleworlds can put their resoruces towards.If we have to speak from the developer's side of view it's easy to implement everything but the chambers.I still don't think it's worth the time to fix chambers when cav balance and custom servers are still bigger problems in the game as we speak.

It's not just for comp, if you go play on Siege or TDM if anything these issues are more present as there's a lot more melee there. I'm sure casual players find the spinning 2 handers with extremely fast movement in TDM, and the messy groupfighting in Siege, frustrating too.

Yes to this. Current infantry fights are just swing, feint and kick.
It really doesn't matter if you have to "relearn" inf combat, if current combat is what it is.

I'm not sure about meaning of this, but isn't heavy infantry already tanky as hell? Swords usually do jack **** to heavy inf. It just bows, cavs and maces that do the work.
Good cavs always stab you in the head so with a slight speed bonus its 70-90 dmg to 160 gold troop. Without speed bonus they can deal 30-50 wtf is this. Its one of the reason skirmishers are so good atm, ye u can be one shot but its much easier to dodge cav and you have one more life which is huge.

Back
Top Bottom