10 hours of killing Khuzait, are they too strong? (poll)

Are the Khuzait too strong as a faction in singleplayer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Your welcome.
I am close to 500 hrs now with this game. and 5000hrs with WB. Now i like a challenge when you get to mid game.say have an Army of about 250 troops. go and fight an Army from all Factions with same numbers or there abouts. they are so easy.. whats the point in playing a game thats easy no point .. But if you fight against the Khuzait Its a challenge you may or may not win.
When i played WB at the start of the game it asked you to pick auto save... that ment you can not save why playing. this alone made the game more of a challenge as you had to pick if you fight or not as there is no going back....with BL. you can play the hole game with out having to lose once. as you save before each battle until you win.... the thing is they need to stop making the game easy for people make it more of a challenge .. add Auto save at the start for those who want it. and for those that dont ... just dont tick it.
Up the troops for all Factions. but the Khuzait as they are fine.....well thats my rant for the day.

I do like having more options when it comes to difficulty. It may very well be that Khuzait is in the right place and the others aren't strong enough. The only thing I'm certain of is they take map control early on in the game consistently and it should not be so, imo.

Well that, and if I slaughter 1000's of men I think it should have some effect on their kingdom. Interestingly the poll numbers are 2:1 in favor of too strong.

When i played WB at the start of the game it asked you to pick auto save... that ment you can not save why playing. this alone made the game more of a challenge as you had to pick if you fight or not as there is no going back....with BL. you can play the hole game with out having to lose once. as you save before each battle until you win.... the thing is they need to stop making the game easy for people make it more of a challenge .. add Auto save at the start for those who want it. and for those that dont ... just dont tick it.
I think "No quitting without saving" isn't there because they knew how ****ty and broken the game was going to be at launch, and that having game-breaking bugs when there's no going back is not exactly something you want to be able to happen. They'll probably bring it back at some point, at least I hope, I find that there isn't stupendous hope that the game will surpass Viking Conquest and modded Warband, or at least it's not a definite.

Your welcome.
I am close to 500 hrs now with this game. and 5000hrs with WB. Now i like a challenge when you get to mid game.say have an Army of about 250 troops. go and fight an Army from all Factions with same numbers or there abouts. they are so easy.. whats the point in playing a game thats easy no point .. But if you fight against the Khuzait Its a challenge you may or may not win.
Up the troops for all Factions. but the Khuzait as they are fine.....well thats my rant for the day.
lame reasoning.

Besides the whole horses > footman thing, this is what really annoys me: they spam armies like nothing!
I dont have evidence, but I remember I ragequit a save because I was trying to take Epicrotea from them.
At first Monchug came with an army of 1500, ok I said, I had a big army, so no problem. We defeated them, we captured them. Then, before the 2nd siege tower was ready, another 1500 army lead by Mesui was poking me. Fine! I can take them, we had massive casualties but somehow we manage to keep 400 or so mens. Now guess what, before we had the 3rd trebuchet ready, FREAKING MONCHUG AGAIN with another 1500 army!!
All the captured lords escaped, recruited 100~ soldiers, took an airplane from the steppes to Epicrotea in less than a week.
We got our butts handed to us, captured. We were travelling as prisioners to Diathma, and guess what!? We pass by Mesui with yet another 700 army.

Still, as I said in another post, that was pre-1.4 (1.2 iirc). In 1.4.1 they are in line with other factions. I just wanted to vent a little.
this happens quite frequently, but it also hints you on how to cheese the game. Basically recruit any clan you can no matter what that has 3 parties. (main guy + 2 vassals in their list), once you've recruited enough of these bad-boys they'll run around wreaking havoc every war you get into. Then there's the geo-location issue, you won't do much if you start either by Sturgia or any of the Empire lands (although the main quest kinda allows you to gain something from the bleeding you'll take by using their central lands, once you've completed stage 2 after reforming the empire you'll absorb all remaining imperial clans, meaning that at minimum you'll get 3 strong former ruler clans into your wing). If you go the Empire route and absorb them successfully the game becomes pointless.

Now, to a more grounded cheese strategy: Recruit at least 5 big clans, and start your kingom on one of the map corners (Khuzait lands / Vlandian Lands / Aserai Lands) as long as it isn't Sturgia. After that you can eat your way up because your "starting corner" will be mostly safe. You have, though, to grant lands to all recently recruited lords ASAP, if you don't you may lose them, and if that happens you must track down those same blokes during peace time because you can instantly re-recruit them skipping that ridiculous RNG persuasion.

Now, this latter path is more interesting, but cheesy none-the-less, because of how the game works. So, having a corner kingdom with enough big clan vassals translates into a practical steam-rolling, you'll have no issues what so ever and the difficult part will only really be the first 10 fiefs, after that you'll have enough muscle from your vassals to actually just relax in your town, RP, do crafting. You can, however, continue expanding. One way or another the game gets cheesed and the same result issues: Boredom.Unbearable boredom.

Until TW applies proper diplomatic solutions, more options for play-style and late-game content, you'll always get bored if you reach late-game, and the path to reaching late-game is quite annoying for it's extremely narrow, it's not open nor can it happen without doing things on a very specific pattern and sequence. Also, if you delay somewhat before you set out to do it, the same thing that has happened to you "endless stream of 1500 armies" will certainly happen again, because you've allowed the AI to snowball before joining in the fun.

Particularly, and quite frankly, I don't like BL, but I keep in mind that the game is unfinished and it's somewhat bound to improve, but (_|_) looking at the RIGHT NOW, at the present, and being realist about it, to me the game simply sucks. (if you look at it under a practical point of view). I hope it improves, I know ways of it improving, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Currently there are issues basically on every single aspect of the game, from Character Progression, to off-shoot narratives, quests, lack of input by the player, lack of interaction, lack of content, and ultimately excess of grind. The fixes for these issues were stated over a million times in the forums, and I can safely say that most of us know them to hell and back, what changes are the tones and the relative views people take and talk about. Yes, the game might improve (some believe it will with all of their strength), yes it's an EA, and yes it's a "testing phase". Though none of that changes how we feel about it. Some clueless people are asking for this, others for that, others for that-that, and in reality, we shouldn't be asking for any ****ing thing, we will only really be able to understand what we want once the game has reached a certain stage where all of it's content can be at least felt (not necessarily finished), and this day is far, far away. Requesting or preoccupying with balance is just a waste of time because any balance done now cannot be kept for the "final product". Hence why I don't think the best course of action is to request changes, I've come to the conclusion (in the past week) that the real best course of action is to simply put the game aside and wait for significant updates, so far nothing really significant was added, so it's more of the same with "some caveat".
So far they are balancing and aligning a three wheeled car, which no one could possibly take on a long trip, so the journey is still bound to be short and weird, so the feedback we give on said car is moot, because everybody knows that the car must have 4 wheels before it can be properly used. That's basically Bannerlord's EA. Problem is that not everybody can make that co-relation, many do not understand that there's a wheel missing :/ and so they rage, they flip, they ****post, they make absurd requests, and more importantly: They keep asking for balance adjustments.

Last edited:
this happens quite frequently, but it also hints you on how to cheese the game. Basically recruit any clan you can no matter what that has 3 parties. (main guy + 2 vassals in their list), once you've recruited enough of these bad-boys they'll run around wreaking havoc every war you get into. Then there's the geo-location issue, you won't do much if you start either by Sturgia or any of the Empire lands (although the main quest kinda allows you to gain something from the bleeding you'll take by using their central lands, once you've completed stage 2 after reforming the empire you'll absorb all remaining imperial clans, meaning that at minimum you'll get 3 strong former ruler clans into your wing). If you go the Empire route and absorb them successfully the game becomes pointless.

Now, to a more grounded cheese strategy: Recruit at least 5 big clans, and start your kingom on one of the map corners (Khuzait lands / Vlandian Lands / Aserai Lands) as long as it isn't Sturgia. After that you can eat your way up because your "starting corner" will be mostly safe. You have, though, to grant lands to all recently recruited lords ASAP, if you don't you may lose them, and if that happens you must track down those same blokes during peace time because you can instantly re-recruit them skipping that ridiculous RNG persuasion.

Now, this latter path is more interesting, but cheesy none-the-less, because of how the game works. So, having a corner kingdom with enough big clan vassals translates into a practical steam-rolling, you'll have no issues what so ever and the difficult part will only really be the first 10 fiefs, after that you'll have enough muscle from your vassals to actually just relax in your town, RP, do crafting. You can, however, continue expanding. One way or another the game gets cheesed and the same result issues: Boredom.Unbearable boredom.

Until TW applies proper diplomatic solutions, more options for play-style and late-game content, you'll always get bored if you reach late-game, and the path to reaching late-game is quite annoying for it's extremely narrow, it's not open nor can it happen without doing things on a very specific pattern and sequence. Also, if you delay somewhat before you set out to do it, the same thing that has happened to you "endless stream of 1500 armies" will certainly happen again, because you've allowed the AI to snowball before joining in the fun.

Particularly, and quite frankly, I don't like BL, but I keep in mind that the game is unfinished and it's somewhat bound to improve, but (_|_) looking at the RIGHT NOW, at the present, and being realist about it, to me the game simply sucks. (if you look at it under a practical point of view). I hope it improves, I know ways of it improving, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Currently there are issues basically on every single aspect of the game, from Character Progression, to off-shoot narratives, quests, lack of input by the player, lack of interaction, lack of content, and ultimately excess of grind. The fixes for these issues were stated over a million times in the forums, and I can safely say that most of us know them to hell and back, what changes are the tones and the relative views people take and talk about. Yes, the game might improve (some believe it will with all of their strength), yes it's an EA, and yes it's a "testing phase". Though none of that changes how we feel about it. Some clueless people are asking for this, others for that, others for that-that, and in reality, we shouldn't be asking for any ****ing thing, we will only really be able to understand what we want once the game has reached a certain stage where all of it's content can be at least felt (not necessarily finished), and this day is far, far away. Requesting or preoccupying with balance is just a waste of time because any balance done now cannot be kept for the "final product". Hence why I don't think the best course of action is to request changes, I've come to the conclusion (in the past week) that the real best course of action is to simply put the game aside and wait for significant updates, so far nothing really significant was added, so it's more of the same with "some caveat".
So far they are balancing and aligning a three wheeled car, which no one could possibly take on a long trip, so the journey is still bound to be short and weird, so the feedback we give on said car is moot, because everybody knows that the car must have 4 wheels before it can be properly used. That's basically Bannerlord's EA. Problem is that not everybody can make that co-relation, many do not understand that there's a wheel missing :/ and so they rage, they flip, they ****post, they make absurd requests, and more importantly: They keep asking for balance adjustments.
You're salty as your signature suggests, that's cool.

This is one really well written post, even if it rambles a little. I hope they read it. You seem to be skipping the part where you get the fiefs to grant the clans you recruit, unless you're getting them from questline completion which is broken in the current patch. Recruitment of vassals is obviously the trick but in the current patch I've had them asking for millions or not staying or both. As far as doing it with conquest and just taking things for yourself, this upward path has been met with extortionist peace treaty prices. Personally I'd like it to be an option to win through victory rather than having to be Mr Nice Guy and convince everyone to come along. At least for it to be a choice.

Here's the thing, it's not so much that I'm pointing out a balance change. That's part of it, but the real issue is that you can kill the enemy in ridiculous numbers with no effect on the game world. That's more of a fundamental problem than a balance thing, in my eyes.

You're not wrong, though, in its current state the problems you state are accurate. If you've got answers to these problems, could you link the threads you're talking about or post the solutions? I'd be far more interested in those than a generalized complaint of the current game state that is somewhat obvious.

The problem is with lord defections and the lack of rebellions. If lords didn't defect, a faction expanding too rapidly would reach a point where they would be overextended, they wouldn't get the added lords from other cultures. Rebellions in towns ruled by foreigners would help against snowballing as well.

They seem to have tied the lords staying in a faction with them owning at least one fief. This makes sense until the player tries to climb that mountain, you have no fiefs so how do you have lords, you have no lords so how do you have fiefs?

A quest that hands you lords and fiefs can get things started. I'd prefer to have more parties from my companions and just be able to fight without having to depend so much or at all on AI lords to get started. A small committed group of people is one of the only things that changes the world anyway.

Rebellions are interesting but the game at that stage doesn't need another problem to solve until this is fixed in some way.

While the game does have a snowballing and high defection issue at times, its at times and a problem with more than a couple kingdoms and not just the Khuzait.

Since I started using the Custom Spawn mod, I have yet to have a single snowball happen in 3 play-throughs...but the defection issue remains. So, the game needs more distractions for lords other than just fighting the kindoms they are at war with.

Back
Top Bottom