-1 or +1 Merchant Relations

Users who are viewing this thread

I started a new character (Patch 1.4.0) and noticed I have -1 or +1 relations with every merchant and gang leader. Why is that? +1 relation is not a problem but with -1 I can't recruit troops. I can play with recruit(easy) setting but don't want to, kind of a lame way to fix it. Anyone have any idea about this -1 relation thing?

It's driven by character traits to some extent. If you right click on a merchant's portrait it will take you to the encyclopedia entry for them where you can see what traits they possess. I'm not sure what the correlation is between the +/- relationship points and the player character traits vs. merchant traits. It's definitely tied to traits though.

I started a new character (Patch 1.4.0) and noticed I have -1 or +1 relations with every merchant and gang leader. Why is that? +1 relation is not a problem but with -1 I can't recruit troops. I can play with recruit(easy) setting but don't want to, kind of a lame way to fix it. Anyone have any idea about this -1 relation thing?

I am guessing here but it is probably result of your character traits been contrary to their character traits (generous, vicious etc...)

Edit: Bannerman Man beat me to it.

It's driven by character traits [...]
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom