#1 Feature that would substantially improve Bannerlord for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

You and Axios made your whole virtual personas being a contrarian on Taleworlds forums. That's silly or worse.
"Oh, you disagree with us, so you're just a contrarian. How dare you not completely go along with us on everything!"

Not everyone has to agree with you. The things I've disagreed with, Bannerlord is a Scam, Feasts would be game-changing, even that one stupid argument about whether or not Bannerlord was a "bad" game, has always followed a trend of me just disagreeing with the common stance on the forums. If you're going to act like that's a bad thing, you're an idiot. People disagree.

Hello all,

I've recently gotten into Bannerlord again with the release of the game, and I'm looking into the still missing and yet to be implemented features. But I also wanted to ask the opinion of some of you who have admittedly much more experience with the game than I do. Excluding mods, I was wondering what's a feature that is upcoming on the roadmap or missing from Warband that would dramatically improve Bannerlord as a vanilla Sandbox or uh Campaign experience?
AI is still very weak and presents to challenge to a player familiar with game mechanics

"Oh, you disagree with us, so you're just a contrarian. How dare you not completely go along with us on everything!"

Not everyone has to agree with you. The things I've disagreed with, Bannerlord is a Scam, Feasts would be game-changing, even that one stupid argument about whether or not Bannerlord was a "bad" game, has always followed a trend of me just disagreeing with the common stance on the forums. If you're going to act like that's a bad thing, you're an idiot. People disagree.
Disagreeing is one thing, but knee-jerk contrarianism is another. Some people are just like that because things happened to them.

Disagreeing is one thing, but knee-jerk contrarianism is another. Some people are just like that because things happened to them.
I've always disagreed because that's what I actually believe, shockingly enough. Just so happens I don't really disagree with the things I reply to.

It was perfectly clear what I meant, especially when I quoted the second post verbatim. Any confusion is yours alone -- or just arguing over semantics, that's fine too.
I was replying to what you said. If you want people to respond to what you mean, then say what you mean.
Here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...bannerlord-for-you.455154/page-4#post-9839813 you wrote a long post distinguishing "gameplay" as "the actual tactical/mechanical aspects of the game". When I used your own definition, you then start having a go at me for arguing semantics.

And then in your same post, you follow it up with this:
1. Not gameplay.
Which you know I'm going to respond to with what I've already told you, that gameplay - in your definition, "tactical/mechanical" - is not the only thing that can improve the game. So why are you saying that again? Are you trying to make me say the same thing I said before, so you can then accuse me of semantics again? Someone suggested to me that you just try and troll your way out of admitting you're wrong, I'm beginning to believe it. Either that or you enjoy arguing.

But sure, let us entirely skip the semantic argument you started if you really mean that. It's irrelevant if it's "not tactical/mechanical" because it has benefits for the experience of Bannerlord. So now you can stop wasting our time with that line of argument which I've now shown is irrelevant multiple times. Feasts have benefits to the experience, end of story.
2. Not worth doing by time you're lategame, since -- shocker here, I know -- relations don't matter that much.

4: It won't add variety to the constant lategame loop because -- as you said yourself -- it is a peacetime activity and the player faction is rarely at peace in the late game. When they are at peace, time tends to get taken up by preparing for the next war, because the few ways you can meaningfully manage your kingdom all require the player's personal attendance.
Suggestions are made on the assumption that Taleworlds will fix the very basic glaring issues with the game, issues which I know you have seen me constantly harassing Taleworlds to fix. Search "relation" or "peace" in my post history. I am not suggesting features be slapped into an otherwise broken game in a way that they are useless.

In addition, since relation's role in Warband has been split into relation and influence in Bannerlord, hosting a feast in Bannerlord could give Influence as well as relation.
And if they did, you get as much as you ever need just by incidentally supporting them in a vote
But the thing is any amount of relations in the current state of the game is "as much as you ever need" because "they don't matter much", as you just said! If that was fixed, the player would be jumping at opportunities to gain relation if it didn't cost them campaign time. Votes are a good source of relation, but they don't exactly get you to 100 with every clan overnight. Also, see above about Influence.
3. You think the people who actually play this game haven't seen those keep scenes 50,000 times already?
I think in the many hours of an average playthrough, most of us will see keep interiors approximately five or so times, because there's no reason to go there except for the kingdom creation conversation and the uncommonly triggered keep battle. I think nobody who plays this game vanilla has seen a keep scene that isn't a depressing ghost town, as opposed to the lively party that could be happening with animated lords and ladies and dancers and musicians.
For someone complaining about me not reading your posts, you definitely aren't reading mine because I responded straight to the OP. And post-faced my own suggestions with:

I do read your posts. Do you read mine?
Well then if you read what the OP said (this thread is for WB features), why the **** did you accuse me of going against the purpose of the thread? How do you actually explain that? That's why I'm asking if you read my posts. Or if you just enjoy arguing. It really seems like it.

Maybe we should just end it here. I don't see this going anywhere productive.

I was replying to what you said. If you want people to respond to what you mean, then say what you mean.
Here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...bannerlord-for-you.455154/page-4#post-9839813 you wrote a long post distinguishing "gameplay" as "the actual tactical/mechanical aspects of the game". When I used your own definition, you then start having a go at me for arguing semantics.
First off, I started having a go at you over semantics because of this:
ilqqjgM.png

You're not stupid. You knew what I meant and you went ahead with that anyway. I've told you before I generally don't talk about immersion because it is hugely personal thing and features that increase one person's immersion do nothing for -- or even hurt -- other people's immersion (see: mixed culture troops, absolute monarchy, women literally doing anything but making babies, etc.).
Suggestions are made on the assumption that Taleworlds will fix the very basic glaring issues with the game, issues which I know you have seen me constantly harassing Taleworlds to fix. Search "relation" or "peace" in my post history. I am not suggesting features be slapped into an otherwise broken game in a way that they are useless.
Secondly, you did suggest that feasts just be slapped in:
If we're talking within realistically limited developer bandwidth then any remotely complex feature Y that would require changes to many already precariously balanced game systems is not going to happen anyway and you know it. Whereas feature X can be added without ****ing anything up. Peacetime feasts won't need to change any other system except the peacetime AI to tell the lords to "gather" at X fief during peacetime.
If they don't change any other systems, well, we will have a gathering.
I think in the many hours of an average playthrough, most of us will see keep interiors approximately five or so times, because there's no reason to go there except for the kingdom creation conversation and the uncommonly triggered keep battle. I think nobody who plays this game vanilla has seen a keep scene that isn't a depressing ghost town, as opposed to the lively party that could be happening with animated lords and ladies and dancers and musicians.
Between pre-vassal Charm building via pucluc and keep battles, I've seen those keeps so much I'm sick of them.

edit:
Someone suggested to me that you just try and troll your way out of admitting you're wrong, I'm beginning to believe it.
I'm wrong about my own opinion? I don't really troll on this forum. I absolutely believe feasts are a **** feature.

First off, I started having a go at you over semantics because of this:
ilqqjgM.png

You're not stupid. You knew what I meant and you went ahead with that anyway
Yeah, I'm entirely right in thinking that this would not be productive, you're continuing to focus on nonsense that has already been resolved.

Taleworlds changing the textures they arent allowed to distribute so that modders can change the campaign map without all the parties moving underground

I absolutely believe feasts are a **** feature.
Feasts, by itself as just a gathering is ****ty; in WB, all it was was for that +1/+2 relation and guaranteed tournament in town for a few days.
What they could've done though, was, take from what they did in WB and improve on it so it's more cohesive with the rest of their already half-assed features so the game feels more 'alive' or as an impetus to other depth features.
  • Policy/war decisions? King calls a gathering so the nobles (or just clan leaders) can vote on it vs this instant 'boardroom phone call' they have. Those that make it, +relation amongst each other/king, those that miss it, lose some (or influence).
    • maybe even having chance to bribe/influence/whatever others that are there to follow your vote decision (they can even use that stupid RNG multiple choice they already have in place too)
    • maybe give the bandit leader in town an actual purpose to sabotage or whatever 'diplomacy' shenanigans
  • Ruler dies/new ruler? Another reason, add a quick cutscene with it too for other factions so you're 'aware' who the new ruler is vs encyclopedia or that the different colored text in your chat spam that is already flooded over by unimportant info like X castle/X lords taken over across the map between other unrelated factions (the fact we can't filter this still is mindboggling).
  • Feasts/gatherings giving temporary boost to that town's prosperity/loyalty maybe? +% chance for higher tier 'lordly' armor in markets at that time too?
  • Another area to spend that stupid influence currency to create said gatherings (of different magnitudes too) for said boosts above to your town?

I don't get the logic behind not wanting feasts. It's a nice, fun little feature to help players feel more attached to the world (if done right). It's not like people are asking for the shallowest, more boring implementation of it. If it was, then yes, it would be a pretty ****ty feature. Although, that doesn't seem to be an issue for TW. They did implement the world's most atrocious and boring VA possible, so maybe they can throw in some feasts.

They have to if they want to make somewhere other than Calradia. Why would any modder want to stick with the vanilla campaign map? That's zero ambition.
Have you not seen Calradia Expanded Kingdoms? It adds tons of settlements and factions to the game, something it desperately needed to fill the sparseness that is the base campaign map. Some of the most popular mods for Warband are ones that expand on the Calradian continent, what on earth are you talking about?

Time goes by faster. I use the LifeIsShort mod, where every 5 days is now 1 year. Makes dynasties actually experiencable in a playthrough. Needs to be paired with an AI marriage mod like Houses of Calradia though, since base game AI don't marry each other and have kids, so by the 3rd gen everyone is over 100 years old and dying off quickly. You should also have a mod to tweak things like XP/skill/Renown/Influence gains too since your character won't be around as long. But basically speeding up time improved the game significantly for me.

I think I want more complex personalities and relationships. NPCs with grudges, greed, ambition, loyalty, honor, rivalries, who can remember some of their more significant interactions with other NPCs and the player would open so many opportunities for emergent roleplaying, and keep things fresh between playthroughs.

Inter-faction diplomacy would be great too, but since most of my interactions will be with nobles from my own faction, I'd say those are the politics I'd like fleshed out first.

Back
Top Bottom