In Progress 1.80 Armies and Parties hoarding grain

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.80
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Seriously this needs to be fixed asap. Cant play with all my vassals and companions going at 1.0 speed on the maps

+1 Same issue. Can have one army whit only my clan party's. They still horde but I clean them buy disbanding them and saving all there troops in a garrison. Then calling them back to my party, seams to clean there inventory. But it is a proper band aid.

Bende aynı sorunu yaşıyorum .
Oyun gerçekten katlanılamayacak hale dönüştü.
En kısa zamanda düzeltilmesini umuyorum.

Yeah this has become a serious issue where, in my single player save, my faction (Vlandia) is unable to maintain defense of more than 18 towns. My faction has nearly 30 clans (no mercenaries) but it still isn't enough because no army can arrive at a siege on time. What I've been trying to do is let lords get defeated and winning them back right after, but it doesn't amount to much. While my first attempt to try to fight the glitch was to defeat overburdened enemy lords and discarding the grain (over a million sometimes), it's like defeating enemy lords who are overburdened only helps their faction. I've continued playing nearly daily since the update hoping that this issue spreads to other factions to balance it out, but it feels increasingly unrealistic. Prisoners rack up well, so peace comes sooner, but clans in my faction support wars we can't win solely because of travel time. The quickest fix would probably be a code that prevents lords from overburdening on grain, or at all, which wouldn't interfere too much because of the new "disorganized" movement debuff which was increased in the last patch.

Its just crazy to me how what was supposed to be a fix for starving armies, became a larger issue than the starvation itself. Even simply allowing you to trade things other that horses, denars, and prisoners with lords would seriously help.

Does the "unresolved" marker mean this has been seen but isn't "in progress", or does it show up no matter what the reported issue is? New to forums, sorry.

Does the "unresolved" marker mean this has been seen but isn't "in progress", or does it show up no matter what the reported issue is? New to forums, sorry.
'unresolved' is the default label. usually when a bug has been seen, a developer/rep has posted in the thread. regardless i think they're aware of it

[...]The quickest fix would probably be a code that prevents lords from overburdening on grain, or at all, which wouldn't interfere too much because of the new "disorganized" movement debuff which was increased in the last patch.

Its just crazy to me how what was supposed to be a fix for starving armies, became a larger issue than the starvation itself. Even simply allowing you to trade things other that horses, denars, and prisoners with lords would seriously help.

I tought the same but only telling the game that parties shouldn't overburden would affect the lords economy. Besides from you or fiefs they also get money from selling looted equipment and If you enter the next settlement they will sell everything but food. After a couple of fights they are full with food and have no space left for equipment. The lords need at last to be avarage wealth so they can afford it to have full parties.

It would be better if the game tells the parties "Just have food for 25 days"(for example) and sell the rest. So the game have to calculate how many food a partie needs for his men and keep it.
This would also reduce the food you will loot in any battle, because enemy parties will also just have food for 25 days. Of course food for 250 men would be more than food for 100 men but the main issue that everyone will loot thousands of food should bei gone.

Trading food by barter with the parties would be expensive. If you want something from them you need to pay. Imagine paying even just 3 denar per grain and you have to buy 60.000 of them. Multiple times. Damn!

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Can anyone with a save file that we can inspect the issue send it to our way via ticket? Having the save file for a late game scenario will increase our pace. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Can anyone with a save file that we can inspect the issue send it to our way via ticket? Having the save file for a late game scenario will increase our pace. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
an older savegame which I saved again to rename it is sent. Named the ticket like this thread and added two pictures. If there are any questions, then just leave massage.

Last edited:
Opened a ticket and sent along a save where I believe my companion party, and several other of the Sturgian parties were affected and stuck at 1ish speed. Only newly reformed parties are traveling at normal speeds, many Vlandian and Sturgian parties were stuck at 1.0 and overburdened. I am only around day 700, so they are not hoarding millions of grain, only hundreds to thousands. The only way I could get my companion party back to a normal speed was to fully disband, and reform it. (HORRIBLE location for the disband button btw, completely non intuitive to look there, thought for days it had been removed) After reforming, they were fine until a fight with an affected party, then it was back to being over burdened and slowing down the whole army.
It's pretty much making warfare unplayable. You can't form armies for days while they travel, nor can any established armies respond in any reasonable time.

Last edited:
I tought the same but only telling the game that parties shouldn't overburden would affect the lords economy. Besides from you or fiefs they also get money from selling looted equipment and If you enter the next settlement they will sell everything but food. After a couple of fights they are full with food and have no space left for equipment. The lords need at last to be avarage wealth so they can afford it to have full parties.

It would be better if the game tells the parties "Just have food for 25 days"(for example) and sell the rest. So the game have to calculate how many food a partie needs for his men and keep it.
This would also reduce the food you will loot in any battle, because enemy parties will also just have food for 25 days. Of course food for 250 men would be more than food for 100 men but the main issue that everyone will loot thousands of food should bei gone.

Trading food by barter with the parties would be expensive. If you want something from them you need to pay. Imagine paying even just 3 denar per grain and you have to buy 60.000 of them. Multiple times. Damn!
you right, I just floated it as a quick fix

144,792,943 From the armies of the Battanians who I've been ignoring most of the game. At this point there is so much unwanted grain roaming around the lands I have to defeat every lord myself to stop them from recollecting the grain, and even with that any time any npc armies fight now my game freezes for up to a minute while I wait for the grain transfer to complete. Pretty much unplayable now lol.

I have the same problem, being only 536 days in my campaign. Every lord beside minor factions has speed of 1.0. Frustrating since I finally managed to get a castle.

I have the same problem, being only 536 days in my campaign. Every lord beside minor factions has speed of 1.0. Frustrating since I finally managed to get a castle.
I started another run from scratch in 1.8.0, and noticed 1.0 speed groups in under 70 days. (Wasn't really looking for them, but since I was aware of the problem, I saw it much sooner.) I think it starts snowballing immediately day 1, but players don't notice until we are ready to actually interact with the different kingdoms as mercs or vassals, then we see the overloaded parties once we have built up to where we might interact with them.
As an aside, TW, is it economically working as intended for cities 70ish days in to have thousands of grain for sale?

Back
Top Bottom