Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:3080
GPU Driver Version:516.94
CPU:i7-8700k
RAM:32GB DDR4
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):Multiple SSDs

In the late game around 2300 days, armies and Parties are hoarding grain and not selling it off, we are talking 100k for some single partes and 300k to 500k of grain for armies. Everyone is walking around at 1.0 and I'm offloading the grain as I fight them but it isn't nearly fast enough... Thought it was worth mentioning as I haven't seen it anywhere else. I'm on Ironman mode so unsure of when it started. Think a simple sell off to this amount when they take a city etc would probably fix it unless my game is just bugged. Thanks.

I'm having the same bug. Started campaign on 1.80 beta. Currently at day 1300 and it's been happening for a while now. Most parties are stuck at 1.0 speed due to being overburdened. I destroy all the excess grain I get but it seems to be getting exponentially worse.

Hearing my PC fans kick up to handle moving over 3.5 million in grain over to be destroyed was a bit comical tbh. It seems to be a losing fight but I've continued just to see if its possible to get rid of all the rain or not. Its like the armies have a grain addiction.

Overall its an issue that the armies buy food from towns imo or too much, so you go from +60 food.. to starveing cause of it visiting..

i dont use any mods and it seems like the only solution is to dismiss the parties who have too much grain and hope they get defeated. quite an important bug since it's essentially removing some parties from consideration, very problematic if they're the only ones available to join your army, and if the AI picks them up then their army won't make it anywhere to defend or attack. i hope this gets priority

Just wait to the late game where everyone has thousands of grain and armies have millions...breaks the game essentially as everything is too slow to defend or attack. Should be an don't go over your weight limit and sell off grain for the AI.

Yapp at a Point if you keep your army together long enough and win fights you will slowly bring your army down to a point where you won't reach anything with the cohesion breaking you army or spending a ton of influence (especially Vlandia).

:smile: Haaa i still have the words in my ear from a long, long, long time ago, when in a pre-release Video the community manager was talking about a non-cheating AI that will have the exact same struggle as the player to maintain Army’s. Present day AI Cheats Troops and Grain from thin Air :wink:...

As soon as a grain hoard gets defeated the grain train passes to the victor, they don't seem to care for overburdening or sell to towns.

Interesting mechanics, but game breaking.

Same problem, group goes at 1.0 of speed after each battle because of weath. No mod, 5000 days save game. Anyone having a temporary fix for that?

I have the same problem. I have a kingdom above more than half of the map from Vladia, over Betannian and Sturgia, eliminated Southern and Western Empire and reached something about day 2800. To complete the main quest I just need to finish of the Nordern Empire with their last 4 citys and 7 castles. Then only Khuzait and Aserai will remain. But it is Impossible right now.

I don't use mods.

At first, to solve the issue I droped all of my food to eat the food of the other partys. At the beginning I thought this works, because the "Overburdened" drops to 0, but in the end it doesnt matter. They earning grain to fast. Like in one fight I looted 3000 grain and I make a lot of fights to finish of the empire. Every time I drop all the food but the AI keeps it all. I disband the army, because"Overburdened" has a score of -4.0 and take new partys but after one battle the whole problem starts again. Speed is reduced to 1.0.

The starving thing was one thing the player can prevent. Every time before I build an army I bought tons of food. Like up to 2000 grain. Of course the AI armys didnt do that, so after a while they began to reduce their numbers because of starvation.

Before, I really did not care about graphic issues or other bugs that can be evaded. I did not care about the stupid behavior of AI armys or other things. I really loved Bannerlord. Everything was fine.
But with this problem, in my opinion, this normally fantastic game become unplayable. Just because there is nothing the player can do anymore if there is an own kingdom that dependent on the armys, which are now just a slow, never reaching their destination joke of 2000 man on the map.

Last edited:
I'm having this issue as well, but on rather a severe scale. I dont know what exact day I'm into my playthrough (playing the campaign) but I know it's at least 7 years in-game years

I'm playing with the Northern Empire, and helped defeat a Western Imperial army. Checked the loot pile and there were almost 4 million sacks of grain in there. I took it all, and was able to use it to buy some of the best imperial armor for my character, as well as that for half of my companions and clan members, while still having at least 3.8 million grain. (I sold it all to a nearby village so I wouldnt be burdened when I rejoined the armies)

Ngl, this is worse than the crafted weapons economy glitch, and should probably be fixed ASAP

Just wait till your game freezes and the processor heats up from a stack of 13 million. The armies have a serious grain addiction.

How do y'all know they're hoarding grain? I have the same problem where all the lords around the map are stuck at minimum move speed, but idk how I could check their inventory to see if it's caused by grain. Either way +1 TaleWorlds pls fix, my campaign is ruined because of this

How do y'all know they're hoarding grain? I have the same problem where all the lords around the map are stuck at minimum move speed, but idk how I could check their inventory to see if it's caused by grain. Either way +1 TaleWorlds pls fix, my campaign is ruined because of this
When you start taking out massive armies or even the smaller parties that have been there a long time and you see 10k-300k in grain that weighs 10 pounds each or taking out armies and getting between 1 million and 30 million in grain you know...When you start seeing a - in the numbers, you know your playthrough is ****ed. :smile: You can also look at the days your army has food 2k is in the normal range...a - in the numbers and food for 1000 days...

Back
Top Bottom