Resolved 1.8 after battle is over during celebration animations, the new crouching/tired animation, (maybe) freezes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
No crash

LokiPhurr

Recruit
Summary: After a battle is won or lost, while the soldiers remaining are cheering, there is a new animation, I think it’s new, that has the troop kneel down on the ground. I tried with no mods after much trial and error. 95% of the mods I use conflict with this animation for some reason, mods that aren’t even remotely linked to any character animations. I could go and post on each mod page, and I will. But if it’s an issue with so many unrelated mods, then I figured that you all might find value in this info.

Edit: I uninstalled all mods, cleared shader caches, and reset all game configuration. Then verified game files. The winning teams cheering freezes for 1/4th of the ground troops.
How to Reproduce: Win or lose battle, watch freezing animations.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): all battle scenes
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: MTE
GPU Driver Version: updated
CPU: MtE
RAM: MTE
Motherboard: etc etc
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): etc

Last edited:
Tried to post video, can’t figure it out. It shows a crowd of sea raiders after impaling me, one is frozen in place during squatting pelvic thrust shake shield and weapon celebration. Then another joins his game of who can hold still the longest.

I think I figured it out, my old self gave my young self a pat on the back. If you guys need any more info let me know. Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me and so on.

Thank you so much for the help. When I finally get the patch installed; I will let you know if the problem persists. And on a side note, please do not be sorry. No one on your team, & within Taleworlds needs to apologize for anything. If anything, the community should be apologizing to you guys for being so impatient. Masterpieces take time, & i'll wait as long as you all deem fit.

Just to update. After spending two days to download the 1.8 update, due to my awful internet; the problem persists. Only foot troops like in the video. I’m not using any mods.

Just an update, if the battle was close and there are only a small percentage of survivors, that set of cheer animations plays and nothing freezes, it is only when the enemy was defeated easily, or with moderate ease. Also I think it’s only the crouching animation as seen in the video above, and one other one where the character stands straight and raises their weapon hand(right hand) up slightly, like a lazy raising of the weapon, not fully extended arm, like a chopping motion. Hope this helps, if I notice anything else I’ll be sure to report it.

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the game? (v1.0.2)
Thank you for getting back to me, the bug is fixed!! Have not noticed any freezing cheering animations! You guys are doing a great job! Don’t listen to the nay sayers and impatient ones. Thank you for your service!

Back
Top Bottom